iamthewalrus

mounting a videocamera to 661 helmet

Any tips on a setup?

dont?

I have a seperate helmet for filming, i wear my 661 when im not filming or not doing a two way.

video is evidece what are u thinking the only video of u i want to see is you and your fiance

Point taken, but my separate camera helmet doesn't have much in the way of protection...and by not much I mean none at all. I have an acute BASE jumping phobia and would like to avoid trading off protection for footage as much as possible.

Magot, thanks for your valued input.

It seemed like the right thing to do at the time

yes magot, good job.

well, i duct taped a TRV-70 to my 661 once for arope jump. worked great. of course, i had to take it off the helmet to take the tape out, or watch the footy.

idea- sew a chincup strap onto the existing strap, and make the helmet solid on your head. then, drill a hole in the helmet, put a HUGE plastic washer through the 1/4" screw, and put the cam on that.

OR. buy a bulletcam, and gaphers tape it to you 661 like everyone else.

I build a helmet cam setup for a 661 flight helmet (moto x) for a jump where i wanted top-protection. Skydiving-helmets offer no protection at all imho.
I used a metal L with 2 velcro-straps at 90° and glued the whole thing to the helmet. I also put a little screw into of the screwholes that usually hold the visor, it makes it a lot easier to adjust the angle of the cam. I used a silicone-like glue with no thinners or similar that would destroy the helmet. Works perfectly, even for downhill-mtb (well, there you actually feel the weight-disbalance). Don't have the helmet here, otherwise I would post a pic.

call me craker my friend is a pro down hiller and has a sweet set up on his helmit kind of like the one 980 had on his