a real BASE jumper by any measure.

However, BASE 515 / Mike's retirement made me think
of something I heard in Idaho. To be a real BASE jumper
one has to break themselves and come back. At the time
I thought it was stupid and still do -- here's why:

It is highly doubtful anyone would say BASE 515 / Mike is
not a real BASE jumper. He did 600 jumps in 9 years and
per another poster those were injury free. In my opinion
this is a damn good thing! Congrats Mike!!
Rigger, Skydiver, BASE Jumper, Retired TM

This is funny. I stopped counting my jumps when I had 595. At least 200 of those were unpacked. And, here's the kicker, I have never jumped off of a building.

So, there are probably lots of people who would say that I am not a BASE jumper, or a real BASE jumper, or an astronaut. (Actually, that last one is true:ph34r:) But who gives a flying, falling, or jumping fuck.

My roommate once looked at me and my girlfriend on the couch and said, "fffaaagggsss". It didn't faze me, because it made no sense. Just like it makes no sense for him to say my unpacked jumps don't count as BASE jumps. I stopped counting my jumps, so even if I every do jump a building, it won't count as a BASE jump either.

So I guess if it matters what other people call you when you are or aren't around, then by all means do an unpacked gainer off of a 150ft building over nasty, pointy, sharp rebar. If you survive, I'm sure your "friends" will all visit you in the hospital to tell you what a bad-ass you were.

Me, I'll just continue to be a soul flyer (yes, I know that phrase is taken - and by a much more talented jumper than me).

I'm not saying I haven't done stupid stuff, because I have. But I hope I was doing it for myself and not so I could get a sound bite at a party.

Be Safe (or don't)
-Bill

Sticks and stones will brake your bones, but the fall... the fall will fucking kill you.

~
Fear is the thief of dreams...

...a sound bite at a party.

Sinterklaas will get you a sound bite any day Bill. And maybe a nice video too!

we all know your gay but it has nothing to do with BASE jumping
you were just born that way so stop fighting it

To me, anyone who's made a BASE jump is a BASE jumper. It doesn't matter how many jumps you've made, how long you were in the sport, or how many injuries or arrests you've had.

If you've willingly stepped off the edge of a fixed object and piloted your parachute safely to the ground, then we are one and the same.....
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

So, there are probably lots of people who would say that I am not a BASE jumper, or a real BASE jumper, or an astronaut. (Actually, that last one is true) But who gives a flying, falling, or jumping fuck.

Doesn't matter to us, Tenacious B. Your friends all know how Balls to The Wall you are.

-C.

...and piloted your parachute safely to the ground, then we are one and the same.....

Does piloting it to the water count? I've only landed on the ground (rocks) once and it really wasn't piloted to the rocks all that safely. Does that ocunt? Am I a BASE jumper?

Water = Ground = You ARE a BASE jumper.
Hell yeah, Russel. You are more of a BASE jumper than most of us.

Am I a BASE jumper?

(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

Am I a BASE jumper?

I don't know, perhaps a BASE dropper graduated from BASE pusher offer?
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Base is just a door to the universe where it all just doesn't matter. BASE jumper, not BASE jumper, real, not real, packed, unpacked, low, high, hardcore, softcore, subterminal, superterminal, number, no number, so many jumps, not so many jumps, done that, haven't done that...

Blah-blah-blah, blah-blah-blah, blah-blah-blah.

It all just doesn't matter. :)
Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio

You are totally not a BASE jumper, otherwise, that door would have opened itself... ;)

My roommate once looked at me and my girlfriend on the couch and said, "fffaaagggsss".

I'm sure if you tell everyone who your roommate is, they won't be the least bit surprised. :D:D
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Base is just a door to the universe where it all just doesn't matter. BASE jumper, not BASE jumper, real, not real, packed, unpacked, low, high, hardcore, softcore, subterminal, superterminal, number, no number, so many jumps, not so many jumps, done that, haven't done that...

Blah-blah-blah, blah-blah-blah, blah-blah-blah.

It all just doesn't matter. :)

what are you talking about?

I BASE for the number, I BASE to say i have done that. I BASE to be Hardcore, I BASE to jump from the highest or the lowest.

-SPACE-

or an astronaut.

sorry boys but last summer i was an astronaut.

sweetest fucking gig ever. early am tower loads followed by 2 flights of "work"...

currently looking forward to march..B|

some cool pics id like to share....

And, here's the kicker, I have never jumped off of a building.

Exactly how the fuck did you manage that Bill??:S

Doesn't matter a monkey's arsehole to me though mate, whether you've jumped off 100 buildings, or none at all.

What matters to me is the way you conduct yourself in life and in jumping.

On this strict criteria, you're one of the very best. :)
But then, so's that retard room mate of yours too. :P

I agree with Yuri and Jason. I wish I could have said it first.....Nah, let me rephrase that, I'm glad it got said that way period.
"It takes a big man to cry, it takes an even bigger man to make that big man cry"

To be a real BASE jumper
one has to break themselves and come back

only becourse many has done that path but also becourse some people quit as they get injuryed or experience a freind die..

Personaly i wont call any more real than others..

Actualy people who get through a BASElife whith out injury were more clever than the rest of us,plus a good ad of luck:P

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

<<>>

Glad to hear it Jason,

Are you basically saying that I will be qualified to jump at BD 2007?

Thought not.
In theory, there is no difference bretween theory and practice. In practice, however, there is. -

"RIP Forever Brian Schubert. Always remembered, Never forgotten" - Leroy DB
http://www.johnny

.............something I heard in Idaho...................."To be a real BASE jumper
one has to break themselves and come back..........

just curious as to who might have said that??? and if they were really being serious??? or just messin' with you because you were doin' your FJC?

LATER
NPS SUX ASS

...one has to break themselves and come back.

While I don't necessarily agree with the sentiment, I can somewhat understand where it comes from. BASE jumpers talk a lot about understanding how BASE can affect your life. If an injury affects your decision to jump, you wonder if you really understood what you got into in the first place.

Personally I've come to the conclusion that no amount of thought, talking, experience and other preparation can get a person to understand what they're getting into, which is why I will have the utmost respect for somebody who busts himself up or loses a friend and says: "damn, I didn't realize it could suck this much. I'm done with it."

But the question remains, getting hurt is part of BASE. Try to prepare and cope, but as long as you deal with it chin-up, no BASE jumper will look down on you.

Knock on wood...

I don't know, perhaps a BASE dropper graduated from BASE pusher offer?

Nobody pushes Rusticle off shit...he's 50X's more hard core than anybody...no joke. Goes stowed off shit 3/4's the rest of the load goes HH.

When's the batchelor party Russel?
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

<<>>

Glad to hear it Jason,

Are you basically saying that I will be qualified to jump at BD 2007?

Thought not. ***
ouch that gonna hurt... sorry but i see the irony here and the fact that Mike is right hovever i let it beeing on Jasons requirements its him who hold the fan as the sh!t hits it...

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Kurt... :D That was not meant to say someone pushes him. Russell pushed himself off the platform before the bar was put up.

Russell, I hope you found humor in my original post. I apologize if you didn't.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto