reukkes

Slider down/Slider off?

i have and use both setups regularly. the only thing you really NEED to do is a gear check @ the exit point.

if you're slider off and worried about a riser release and not jumping over moving water, put a SLINK through your 3 rings.

just my $0.00000001

Pardon me, but what is a "DP?" That acronym has a lot of potential meanings. :$

I hope it was a sarcastic post, but a DP is the star rig from Apex BASE, the company formaly known as Vertigo BASE.

If this thread hasn't already gone too far off topic, can someone post a pic of the snap to hold the slider down on the Gargoyle? I didn't see it on their website.

if you're slider off and worried about a riser release and not jumping over moving water, put a SLINK through your 3 rings.

Damn.... that is so obvious and i never thought of it before. thanks.

of course this will reduce the chances of me gift wrapping a pursuing security guard like my favorite jersey jumper did 3-4 years ago in atlantic city. damn i've always wanted to do that since then.........

"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
Hunter S. Thompson

my gargoyle is packed, so i don't have a picture.. but it is simply a 4 or 5 inch piece of nylon tape with a snap sewn on the riser just below the link.

also, depending on when the risers were made... some have the snap loop on both front risers.

personally, i don't care for them. i'd rather just do the below the bumper trick because i can get the slider to fold neater. the snap loop holds the grommets at a weird angle.

if no one else does, i'll post a pic tomorrow after i jump that rig.