Zoter

Subterminal slider up on heading performance

....is there any evidence/experience that suggests heading performance is 'worse' for larger canopies ( 285+)compared to 'smaller' canopies, in the 4-7sec region due to the fact that pressurisation takes longer..?

Anne Halliwel from Apex did a research on this at KL jumping, filming each jumper from the top for several years, asking for pc size, and canopy! Maybe she can post the resloults?

...that suggests heading performance is 'worse' for larger canopies [...] due to the fact that pressurisation takes longer?

On the other hand, a larger canopy has a higher inertia. In other words, it takes more force to get it turned around. Which of these effects is stronger, I don't know. Just throwing an unscientific idea out there.

My 745 square foot canopy opens poorly compared to my 245 square foot canopy.
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

My 745 square foot canopy

your what?
Web Design
Cleveland Skydiving
"Hey, these cookies don't taste anything like girl scouts..."

Tandem paraglide canopy ? 745
Headings and pressurization together at 4-7 seconds delay ? To many variables to pin point actual variance in pressurization delays and heading.
All is way influenced by conditions for a constant measurement of heading and pressurization for a factual answer to the question.
4-7 seconds slider-up. What are we talking about ? 850 to 1200 feet ? depending on the person exiting and the experience level ? Plus, 4's to 7's is in the ' La La land ' between No-Slider and that sweet terminal tracking. Jumping the La La land zone is large even though it's only 4 seconds difference of delay speed.
I have a huge amount of openings slider-up from 4's -5's. 4's to 7's, is notorious for that snivel that will sneak up on you when you least expect it. Also I have been spanked on some opening from time to time on that scale of delay when it was the exact packjob from the last.
4-7 seconds are affected much by variations in wind conditions, packjobs and the 4-7 second delay time itself. 4-7 sec. slider-up is a huge margins of inconsistencies of speed and mechanics plus the human factor when all put together.

745 square foot canopy

Wow dude, that is a lot of fabric.

All of my tandem jumps have been on canopies
between 370 and 420 and that's with passengers
weighing from 105 to 255 pounds.
Rigger, Skydiver, BASE Jumper, Retired TM

I was just kidding. I thought that size was so ridiculously large that everyone would realize I was kidding. Over the size range I jump (245 to 285), I have seen no relation between size and heading performance.
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

Tandem paraglide canopy ? 745

even all the tandem paraglide rigs i have seen are between 30 and 45 ^meters, and thats nowhere close to 745^2 feet