Bazair2air

Jimmy Pouchert on Stunt Junkies

Stunt Junkies: Go Big or Go Home
Reverse Bungee

Jimmy Pouchert will perform a ‘reverse bungee jump into a BASE jump’ catapulting himself to the bottom of the Royal Gorge Canyon in Canon City, Colorado, approximately 1,000 feet below the bridge overhead.

Monday January 29th @ 10PM EST, 8PM Central on the Discovery Channel

Additional air times can be found here.

http://dsc.discovery.com/tvlistings/episode.jsp?episode=26&cpi=25351&gid=0&channel=DSC

I could be wrong, but im not so sure that was done in CO.
what!?

it was done at the royal gorge, canon city, CO. the worlds biggest suspension bridge.

Yep, it was done in Colorado, and yep, it was freakin wicked!
"It takes a big man to cry, it takes an even bigger man to make that big man cry"

yeah, how is JM doing?
==================================

I've got all I need, Jesus and gravity. Dolly Parton

http://www.AveryBadenhop.com

I talked to him yesterday, and it sounds like he is doing well.
Jay Epstein Ramirez
www.adrenalineexploits.com

From what I read on a local news paper website a while ago there were some legal "practice" jumps done at another S that has been used in movies before. We'll have to watch it tonight and see what they used for the show.

mucho props to jimmy and his crew. it was an awesome episode.
word to your mother,
RJ$$
BASE 1117

I just want to say that i LOVE my mom.. she would never do a skydive or anything.. but she knows that i want to base jump... so, *i didnt even know i got the discovery channel* ... she called my cell from the other room and tells me "hurry, turn on channel 51" . ,,, that was friggin sweet!
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

Yeah I didn't think that "S" was legal either. It sure was in the daytime so they must have gotten a permit like the XXX movie....

So how busted up did the camera guy get? On the show they said two broken legs and a lacerated face.

What exactly did he do wrong? It looked like a low turn to me and that LZ is pretty tight ing the gorge.

DBR

Great episode... it was awesome to see Jimmy and Marta on there, and Jimmy did great.

That guy Perry annoys the hell out of me every time I see him on there though.

Check this out from Discovery's website...

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/stuntjunkies/profiles/pouchert.html

"Perry's Thoughts:
The only thing that I can say about Jeremy Pouchert's stunt is that it was amazing. Personally, it was one of the most stressful shows that I have ever been on. The team that Jimmy had put together to do this reverse-bungee BASE jump was remarkable. They had definitely done their homework, and from preparation to testing to execution of the stunt, they were flawless. But this was a very dangerous stunt with no room for error, and every day we showed up on set was a day that somebody could get seriously hurt or killed. As the week went on with the weather constantly threatening, Jimmy and his crew persevered. And on stunt day, with rain coming down and the temperature dropping, Jimmy accomplished the stunt successfully."

sounds like he's doing really good considering.. talked to him last night. He's on crutches and can start putting weight on both legs.

^Does anyone know exactly what happened? From the POV camera it looked like he had his hands in the front risers all the way to impact.
At any rate, heal fast!
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

That was the best. Saw it last night along with the swoop through the hangar episode which followed.

Two of the coolest events in skydiving. Good job you guys. Thanks for the show.

Hey Jimmy
I cant jump any more due to smashning my pevis and sacrum but when I was watchin you guys go thru the span struts It made my hear skip a beat waht a rush. The bungee base was awesome keep up the good work brother and flick one for those of us to criple to doit any more.

God bless stya safe
Dave phillips

Somebody posted the episode on Skydiving Movies:

http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=5311&d=addgp&u=7686

Pretty cool stunt. Now I know what Jimmy was talking about back in September when he said he was doing a bunch of bungee jumps and couldn't say why.

Anyone heard from the injured jumper? Looked pretty bad. Looked like he hooked it in for some reason...

I am waiting to see Marta's moving truck jump. It will be on an upcoming episode according to their website.

DBR

Hey Drew, I’ve just returned from a walkabout.

I agree! Actually, I consider it a great stunt. The conditions were absolutely miserable. The rain was pouring down and it was near freezing. That kind of takes the fun out of a great dream. Jimmy stepped up and pulled the stunt off flawlessly. His planning, experience and his team shined big time.

You could hear a pin drop before Jimmy launched. I wish I had a recording of the roar that came from the canyon when he landed. Everyone was cheering from the bottom and top of the canyon. It echoed and rumbled through the canyon louder than any freight train with horns blazing could ever produce. You could easily hear it for miles, it was cool as hell!

I smile every time I think of it. Jimmy ROCKS!

JM is doing well. Talked with him today. Great guy! Young, strong and smart, he’ll be back soon!

Marta’s stunt will be a great episode also! The stunt will air in April, you’re going to love this one!

Have Fun!
Baz