78RATS

razor wire

what is the best way to deal?

Rat for Life - Fly till I die
When them stupid ass bitches ask why

I have carefully climbed over it at a corner before
also heard using a scrap piece of carpet works well.
Rigger, Skydiver, BASE Jumper, Retired TM

Industrial carpet tiles have a hard backing to them. they can be bent into shape and are pretty resilient to sharp edges. They are much larger than domestic carpet tiles and one is big enough to use to get over.
I have never used them on razor wire but have used them on sharp flat spiked metal fencing and all the variations of barbed wire...

For LNT ethics, a blanket isn't the best method with constantine (razor) wire. It's generally spun out in larger loops and it bends fairly easily under bodyweight. Your best bet is finding a spot that you can carefully step over between loops. if the loops are very tight, maybe bring some HEAVY gloves and bend two loops away from each other, step over, and bend them back. I've seen razor wire that has been cut at a single location and a section of it is just moved out of the way to climb over.
$0.02

my firends mom is a nurse so when I was respecting the BASE ethics thing I just got stiches
Know I just use bolt cutters
but razor wire scares are cool, and they make for a good story

what is the best way to deal?

You should ask 460, I hear he's an authority on this topic. B|
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

I don't use this method much but front passenger floor mats from your vehicle usually do the trick. You already have them with you and it prevents you from carrying something else around that may look suspicious if you should be caught by the PO PO. They usually have a rubber underside that catches well on the prickly surface and have the nice carpeting on top for your comfort. Usually these are always big enough to cover whatever span you're trying to get over. With razor wire you'll probably have to bend some of it to get over just remember to bend it back in place when your done. Also, remember to place the floor mat somewhere you'll be able to easily get to it when you're done jumping.

enjoy,
Jamie

Bah.

What happened to teamwork.

The first BASE jumper throws himself on the wire and allows his mates to run over his back.

------
Two of the three voices in my head agree with you. It might actually be unanimous but voice three only speaks Welsh.

I use a jet pack to fly over the top of the wire
but jet packs are like sex they only last a few seconds

wear eye protection.

use two quick draws to make a two step ladder and be careful.
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

Quick-draws ROCK!!!
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Our crew has been known to get several pieces of pipe, like one inch stuff. Pieces being around 3"-0"

Put the pipes through the corner of the chain links in the fencing fabric itself at intervals like a ladder. It gives you a ladder up the outside and down the inside. Pull the pipes and throw them off to the side. Help to get over the razor wire without having to look for a footrest.

Depending if it's woven together or just one continuous roll, one can just cut it, separate it, gain access, then re-weave it back together giving the illusion that it's been untouched. I know I never really investigate our security fence anymore than a glance when it looks good. Just be intelligent about making it look good afterwards.

Although just staying away from jumping all together is the best bet.

I'll show you a pic of how "not" to deal with it.

Follow the locals advice or you too will earn an "HEED THE LOCALS" Award

We almost had to leave her behind:ph34r:

May we live long and die out

515-

I think you need to 'out' the person in your photos! Maybe she'll come forward herself before we have to start telling the stories of how she honed her 'wire skills' down in the ATL. :P

515-

I think you need to 'out' the person in your photos! Maybe she'll come forward herself before we have to start telling the stories of how she honed her 'wire skills' down in the ATL. :P

You guys were her mentors, the honor of "outing" is all yours:ph34r:

May we live long and die out

Hahaha! Somehow I had a feeling that was coming Mike. :D
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

I just jamb dildos in the fence and then climb up them its fun safe and makes my horny
Men get laid, but women get screwed.
I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid.

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man.

OK, seriously, isn't once enough?! Its official. I suck. Well, at fence climbing anyways. :P

And i'll have you know, my 'award' is proudly displayed in my living room with one of those museum-ish lights hanging over it.

Yeah, i'm that cool.

The Cincy way of climbing razor wire - Jam it into your kneecap then use that to pull yourself over!

It doesn't work well :(

On the upside I have an awesome Star Trek scar.

This pic was taken 2 days after it happened too [:/]
A waddling elephant seal is the cutest thing in the entire world.
-TJ

The Cincy way of climbing razor wire - Jam it into your kneecap then use that to pull yourself over!

Another Cincy way of climbing it..
Revise the knee method, and use your thumb. It works a lot better...

edited to add: a little bloody.
Nathan