Domenican Republic

I am wondering if there are any basejumps, or even better basejumpers (and basejumps) in the Domenican Republic?

Please PM if you are (a basejump or basejumper) or you know of one/many.

Thanks!

Sam

PS - hopefully I get a response before I have to email every basejumper who's address I have...

yo fucker i have to leave the country for a while till some shit blows over so ill be chillen in coast rica / pannama and columbia lets hook up.

there i can always by my way out of trubble or even better just shoot my way out

dude.... he's gonna be like 1,000 miles from us. but it does seem that 980 has been traveling quite a bit lately, so maybe that's not a stretch. Come on down, much warmer than canada, and the door is always open. and yes, we do have objects there already.

And as far as waiting for shit to blow over goes.... with all the trouble we are about to get into in central america, you're gonna be on the run for quite a while maggot.......

980- good luck in the islands

"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
Hunter S. Thompson

Hey same question please - could anyone with info or contacts in the Dominican Republic please PM me as well, I'll be down there in early February.
Thanks!
-M
Edited to add: With a tandem paraglider...

There is an S outside the capital that is do-able.

There are A's scattered about.

There is no trash service on the island, the entire place is a fucking dump...with the exception of resort grounds which are guarded by sawed off shotgun toting dudes.

And seriously have a good plan in case shit goes wrong. I would not want to deal with Dominican cops, pissed off Dominican locals, or worse - the Dominican health care system.

My friends were pussies and wouldn't take a day trip to Haiti...
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

I've been to the DR quite a bit. I wouldn't go so far as saying its a DUMP... it is a beautiful country. It is still in the developmental stages and therefore is a third world country. Most third world countries suffer from situations like lacking trash clean-up...
I have run into a few situations with the MAN over there and you can usually get away with anything if you have enough $$$ to bribe them with.
Dominican Jails are no joke though.
I would suggest some locals as ground crew; even if they don't have the foggiest about BASE.
If you do get to jump anything over there pm me

good luck,
dan
HISPA 72 ----- "Muff Brother" 3733

While the DR is quite undeveloped generally, Santo Domingo is a very busy city. You would be hard pressed to find a real phone in a house in most places, but EVERYBODY has cellphones. I spent quite a bit of time in the country a few years ago and have great friends there.

Want to hit one of the coolest clubs in the world? Go to La Guacara Taina in Santo Domingo. It's a club in a subteranian cave right in the middle of the city park. Fucking cool. A very-rich-folk club in town is called El Birimbau.

The street cops there will flag you down for no reason and grift money from you if you look the least bit "touristy" in a rental car. Our DNCD Id's kept those idiots at bay.

I don't know that I ever saw any structures there that would be of much interest to you BASE guys, but it's a fun place to visit. Cheap food and drink and a pretty "wild wild west" attitude most places. Fantastic beaches with lots of European tourists on both the north and south shores.

While the DR is quite undeveloped generally, Santo Domingo is a very busy city. You would be hard pressed to find a real phone in a house in most places, but EVERYBODY has cellphones. I spent quite a bit of time in the country a few years ago and have great friends there.

Want to hit one of the coolest clubs in the world? Go to La Guacara Taina in Santo Domingo. It's a club in a subteranian cave right in the middle of the city park. Fucking cool. A very-rich-folk club in town is called El Birimbau.

The street cops there will flag you down for no reason and grift money from you if you look the least bit "touristy" in a rental car. Our DNCD Id's kept those idiots at bay.

Two nights we went in to Santo Domingo. Both nights our cab drove by the US embassy. Both nights I made the cab stop and I went and introduced myself to the USMC gate guards...because if shit went wrong they would be my ONLY friends.
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

Embassies are not supposed to help you in case you are in trouble by your own mistake / behaviour. That might include base. Be warned.

Ronald

Yo!

I've jumped a B under construction on Malecon in SD a few years ago. I'm sure it's still there, as are a few other reasonable Bs in the city. Don't have any local contacts, though.

Haiti is fun! ;)

bsbd!

Yuri.