justreading

Rollover break settings

I'm wondering how everyone sets their breaks for rollovers. I'm assuming everyone uses deep breaks, but have been wondering if there are advantages or disadvantages to shallow breaks.

Shallow Brake Settings for:
-slider up
-slider off with no immediate object strike or proximity of other jumpers (to lessen wear on DBS)

Deep Brake Settings for:
-slider off with object strike potential or jumps where I could open close to other jumpers

I don't feel much difference between the DBS and SBS doing rollovers slider off.

I'm wondering how everyone sets their breaks for rollovers. I'm assuming everyone uses deep breaks, but have been wondering if there are advantages or disadvantages to shallow breaks.

It may help to define deep break and shallow break. There are fractures and compound fractures of varying degrees. When we refer to deep break, may I assume it's in referrence to a compound fracture and a shallow break is not a compound fracture. It is a rather simple definition but for the purpose of this discussion, it will have to do.

The obvious advantage of a simple break over a deep break is the bone does not stick out of the skin. There doesn't appear to be an actual advantage to a deep break.

Hope that helps.

Any other opinons?
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Im assumign thats a joke hookit?

One thing I was wondering about was presurization time comparison. Thanks for brifely covring that 980.

I'm also wondering if you are jumping something where you need faster horizontal seperation, is it a sound idea to use your shallow break setting.

if your looking for fast horzontil seperation
then your looking the wrong way. suppose u have a 180 with line twist
then what
I know it will never happen I said the same thing
guess what it does
go deep if its not a span
and go big or go home

What about a span with a hazard directly below you, but soft landing area in all directions.

You could try the French technique. Hold your toggles in your hands as you go over, with the brakes not set. The guys who've got this dialed appear to be able to very precisely control the canopy during inflation.

I'd recommend practicing this off something a little nicer, first.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

What about a span with a hazard directly below you, but soft landing area in all directions.

You could try the French technique. Hold your toggles in your hands as you go over, with the brakes not set. The guys who've got this dialed appear to be able to very precisely control the canopy during inflation.

I'd recommend practicing this off something a little nicer, first.

it works quite well. mid jump in a big way you could change from shallow to deep settings. i hold riser symmetricaly when i did them.

User has chosen not to accept private messages

I tried to send this via PM. But anyway.
"break"
Merriam-Webster dictionary: Definition:1 a : to separate into parts with suddenness or violence b : FRACTURE c : RUPTURE d : to cut into and turn over the surface of e : to render inoperable .
Hookitt was spot on with his response. It is not a joke.
If you mean "brake" Try try this one:

1 : a device for arresting or preventing the motion of a mechanism usually by means of friction
2 : something used to slow down or stop movement or activity

Your profile states:
Email: No email entered.
Jump Profile
Home DZ: No home dropzone entered.
Gear
Container: No container entered.
Main Canopy: No main entered.
Reserve Canopy: No reserve entered.
AAD: No AAD entered.
Forum Activity
Last Logon: Jan 24, 2007, 2:27 PM
Local Time: Jan 26, 2007, 2:49 PM
end of profile.
So:
a. you want help.
b. No profile info.
c. You don't understand English or American language.
d. Slop in one area (misuse of words) of one's life tends to propagate to other areas of one's life(460 credit).
This is equal (assuming that English is your mother language) to saying:"I caint spell BASE but I can do it.".
Forgive me if English is not your mother tongue. Send me a PM and I can help you sort it provided that you give me a profile.,
take care,
space