wandrer

steel vs. stainless steel

yea, my left side leg strap slips...I was told to send it back to the manufacturer however I can't give the rig up for that long. A rubber band has preserved used for the time being...

Do you know how this would sound to a Whuffo? But we all understand. LOL!
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

yea, my left side leg strap slips...I was told to send it back to the manufacturer however I can't give the rig up for that long. A rubber band has preserved used for the time being...

Do you know how this would sound to a Whuffo? But we all understand. LOL!

Price to ship rig: $25
Price to fix problem: not much, mfgr may stand behind own work and do it for free.
Price to rent rig in the mean time because you must jump: $100. :S

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

Frognog...I have spent most of my life cobbing anything I can to save a buck...

$100 is $100 (rented gear) and yes the manufacturer did say they would do it for free.

Why spend $100 if the rig works just fine...all it needed was a little cobb.

If you want to rent a rig for me then I'll send it to the manufacturer so you can feel better about it.

Never Give up! Never Surrender!

Frognog...I have spent most of my life cobbing anything I can to save a buck...

$100 is $100 (rented gear) and yes the manufacturer did say they would do it for free.

Why spend $100 if the rig works just fine...all it needed was a little cobb.

If you want to rent a rig for me then I'll send it to the manufacturer so you can feel better about it.

That's not what I meant. What I meant was that to a whuffo, a problem seems to have a cheap solution; hey see the price to ship and fix, and that's all they add up. But a skydiver also figures in the cost of renting a rig in the meantime, because he must jump! :)
That's my issue, anyhow. The thing that scares me most thinking about a reserve ride is finding another rig to get back up in the air. :P Same with regularly-scheduled reserve repacks. And same with sending something back to the mfgr to have it worked on.

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.