TomAiello

Free BASE Training: Spring Deathcamp, May 19-25, 2007

It's the internet.
A waddling elephant seal is the cutest thing in the entire world.
-TJ

why is there so much stupid controversy here?

Because we're all bored out of our skulls waiting for things to happen (like the next meeting at work) or the weather to get better.

why is there so much stupid controversy here?

we discussed this, if there were no pointless penis measuring contests than Tom A and Nick DG would be the only ones useing the forum.

What's up Per?
The name Game Over came from a guy named Surfer Jesse from San Diego. He was at a loss for words having watched me and Evil Jesse try this new type of jump for the last 2 days. It was this past summer. He just blurted it out, and it stuck.

Game Over = Simply an unpacked gainer

The idea came from the way I carry my unpacked canopy out onto the bridge. I kinda wrap it up in my arms. One day I just felt like I could bring it all the way around - it took about 6 months after that to work up the stupidity to do it.

I don't think I'll ever do it again. It was one of those things... You don't do it for any good reason, you just think you can get away with it once and you have at it.

The double game over when done correctly has excellent heading performance and should be done off everything! Unpacked self rescue jump after a wall strike is a very bad idea! Not joking at all.
Symmetry doesn't matter.

I dont have ne base exsperience but is saying that. Like saying to a teenager Im not giving info on sex because i dont want you to have it earlier then you should be . this is when shit hits the fan a people get hurt isnt it . I think if you teach and prepare somebody for something at least they'll have the knowledge wether the do it or not. again just a newbs opinion dont bash me for saying this eather please lol. cheers:)

dont ne exsperience "but is saying that." Im i dont "you should be ." "a people get hurt isnt it" wether "the do" newbs dont bash me eather lol.

Don't bash you? Are you kidding me?

I dont have ne base exsperience but is saying that. Like saying to a teenager Im not giving info on sex because i dont want you to have it earlier then you should be . this is when shit hits the fan a people get hurt isnt it . I think if you teach and prepare somebody for something at least they'll have the knowledge wether the do it or not. again just a newbs opinion dont bash me for saying this eather please lol. cheers:)

You need to dial in kissing before moving onto sex

Hi Tom,

Would you consider allowing someone who has taken your regular course to hang out and listen in on some of the parts of the spring deathcamp that weren't covered the first time?

Thanks,

Tony

Are homemade cookies included??
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

lol fuckin drunk lol

Thanks, thats just magic....

all this controversy over nothing is fucking ridiculous.

go jump off somehthing.

you say that as if I never have / never do..... even with jumping off stuff, I still post this bollox, always have, always will, always to continue..... at least I am consistant........ :)
BTW: Can you please read the post I responded to that you felt you had to say this to me..... which post was the one that was more worthless.........

Ridiculous......... thats my whole point........

go jump off somehthing

Go outside the USA

its funny that you think i directed that post at you.

were you the only one posting about Tom doing deathcamp courses? no. so dont get all high and mighty and think you are special because you were the last to post on this, and i clicked reply.

ridiculous. yes, i said this is all stupid petty bullshit that everyone has to pick apart. "unpacked jumps in case of emergency scenario" give the guy a break. he is taking his own time to do a course that you would not do. i am not even close friends with Tom, but i have met him and all he wishes for any jumper is to have knowledge and experience taught to them in a manner that can be comprehended and understood in order to stay safe and most importantly, alive. Tom is really doing something for BASE jumpers that most jumpers would not do for others. and there everyone goes, just because he drops his 2 cents in on everything makes him this easy target for everyone else.
i have been outside the US to jump, so again, dont think that you can point fingers at me to say that all i have jumped is the US.

and to top it off i was in mexico this morning jumping. so again. i'm not just a bridge day 2 time jumper that thinks he knows everything. i'm a stupid ass, young arrogant, piece of shit that knows a little bit about the sport and is always open to learn more because i know so little. but i hate people picking apart tom. he's doing nothing but try and keep the sport safe and give information to help it stay that way.

damn i feel better.
cya

Dont die!

Poor Tom. I hate it when people virtualpick on him too :(
Anyway...

he is taking his own time to do a course that you would not do

Frankly, I'm surprised not more people over there are trying to make a buck out of courses. From non manufacturers I can only think of T.Aiello and J.Utah.

Surely if you are living in America, a couple of miles from what is perceived by (mostly American) jumpers as the Mekka of Base, and you have the experience, you can set up a competitive course?

Ah well.

Frankly, I'm surprised not more people over there are trying to make a buck out of courses.

Actually, this course is Free. He does offer other paid courses throughout the year, but you can't knock the guy for trying to make a little money for doing what he loves. Apparently, he loves teaching people to BASE jump. The fact that his longest, most intensive course just so happens to be free of charge is proof of that.
Web Design
Cleveland Skydiving
"Hey, these cookies don't taste anything like girl scouts..."

Frankly, I'm surprised not more people over there are trying to make a buck out of courses.

you can't knock the guy for trying to make a little money for doing what he loves.

I'm not knocking the guy though.

I applied to the last Deathcamp,
did not get in, was unhappy about it,
sucked it up, paid to attend one of
Tom A.'s regular courses, and feel
the training was worth the money.
Rigger, Skydiver, BASE Jumper, Retired TM

I'm not knocking the guy though.

Oh.. Right :)
Web Design
Cleveland Skydiving
"Hey, these cookies don't taste anything like girl scouts..."

I applied to the last Deathcamp,
did not get in, was unhappy about it,
sucked it up, paid to attend one of
Tom A.'s regular courses, and feel
the training was worth the money.

I had a similar experience, but opposite (well kinda). I got into his free course, but I would have gladly paid for it.

(Don't worry, I relayed my feelings to Tom, and there is no fear of him stopping running the free courses because of my comments). He said that he got the feeling that people would have paid for the course if it wasn't free. I remember him saying something about his way of 'giving back to the sport'.

The best part by far was the length and comprehensive nature of the course. I learned a lot, without a doubt.
Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid,
the vast limits of their knowledge. - Mark Twain

DEATH CAMP = NO SKYDIVING EXPERIENCE!!!!!

What, it can't have multiple meanings? To me it was the comprehensive nature of the course, and the intensity that warranted the name.

It was a long 7 days, we didn't have much time for anything else. Even jumping through the night until 5:00 am. (one guy on the course with even jumping with a broken foot - unbeknownst to him at the time, but still) If that's not a deathcamp, what is?

DEATH CAMP = NO SKYDIVING EXPERIENCE!!!!!

What, it can't have multiple meanings? To me it was the comprehensive nature of the course, and the intensity that warranted the name.

It was a long 7 days, we didn't have much time for anything else. Even jumping through the night until 5:00 am. (one guy on the course with even jumping with a broken foot - unbeknownst to him at the time, but still) If that's not a deathcamp, what is?

dude, deathcamp is the well known name for a BASE jump/lesson with no skydive experience. while im sure the course is great, the name is just trying to be cool

while im sure the course is great, the name is just trying to be cool

You might be right about that.

The nature of my post, after re-reading it sounded more serious than I intended. I know the deathcamp name is taken, I was just being argumentative.