grounded101

Watch Out!!!!!

I received many phone calls about these jumpers... http://wvgazette.com/section/News/2007011623....I can not stress enough, about out-of-state plates in the off season up in Summersville when everything this closed for the winter.

Alot of people are looking for quick money, base jumpers are HOT.

I did see these cars...I knew right away that they where base jumpers. I could not find the drivers, PLEASE be careful.

The NPS and DOH was not happy with Bridge Day last year. DOH had there "feelings hurt."

Please be careful! The more that people get caught, the more talk starts about closing Bridge Day! DOH is already MAD over last year!

Thank you,
Jess

Huh? NPS and DOH were not happy with Bridge Day? Where did you come up with that, because the NPS has always disliked BD? Off-season busts will never affect BD, period.

Yep, Monday's busts are making the AP wire. Must be a SLOW news week.

The NPS and DOH was not happy with Bridge Day last year. DOH had there "feelings hurt."

Please be careful! The more that people get caught, the more talk starts about closing Bridge Day! DOH is already MAD over last year!

(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

wanna post the article so we all can see?

January 17, 2007 Web Tools: [print] [email]

Illegal bridge jumpers caught

Five plead no contest to charges

By Susan Williams
Staff writer

Five parachutists who illegally leaped from the New River Gorge Bridge Monday entered no contest pleas to various charges in federal court Tuesday.

National Park rangers discovered the jumpers Monday evening, after they parachuted off the 876-foot-high span. They were arrested after landing on a gravel beach along the river, said Duncan Hollar, an assistant chief ranger with the National Park Service.

In plea agreements worked out with the U.S. Attorney’s office, some of the original charges were dismissed, said Hollar. The five people entered their pleas before a U.S. magistrate judge, he said.

Cinderella B. Aquino, 23, a Michigan college student, and Dennis Dyminski, 30, of Urbana, Ill., pleaded no contest to unauthorized aerial delivery — the jump from the bridge — and were fined $600 plus court costs. Dyminski was also charged with fleeing from an officer and fined $50 plus court costs.

Peter Lutz, 48, of Davison, Mich., was charged with aiding and abetting an unauthorized aerial delivery and fleeing to avoid an officer. He was fined $650 plus court costs, Hollar said.

Victor Survorov, 48, of Romulus, Mich., entered a plea to his second offense of aerial delivery; he was fined $1,200 for that and $50 for fleeing from an officer. His wife, Ekaterina Suvorov, 26, pleaded no contest to fleeing from an officer, and an aerial delivery charge against her was dismissed.

The Suvorovs fled the scene Monday, but turned themselves in later.

The jumpers landed on CSX railroad property, but trespassing charges were dropped in the plea agreements, Hollar said.

He said he believed the five people knew each other and came to West Virginia specifically to jump off the New River Gorge Bridge.

Jumpers who want to parachute from the bridge can do so legally only once a year: Bridge Day, the third Saturday of October.

The jumpers protested to the federal magistrate that they were jailed with people who were charged with crimes of harming other people and with drug use, Hollar said. They said that jumping from a bridge should not have earned them a jail stay with people who were accused of more serious offenses.

Hollar said the magistrate explained to them that the rangers were simply enforcing the law. The magistrate also said they would be welcome to come back and jump legally on Bridge Day.

The Associated Press contributed to this report. To contact staff writer Susan Williams, use e-mail or call 348-5112.

What are you talking about? Are you saying one of our shuttles ran over your mailbox? Who are you?

PS. Oh, I see. You're one of those people that hassled me over pulling a low-timer's badge at Bridge Day 2006.
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

Jason is it true, that you let someone from "WhiteWater" jump? Eventhou he had never made a skydive before? Do I need to go on?

What are you talking about? Are you saying one of our shuttles ran over your mailbox? Who are you?

PS. Oh, I see. You're one of those people that hassled me over pulling a low-timer's badge at Bridge Day 2006.

No...I am not hassling you over "low-timer"...I'm talking about my mail-box

50.00 cash money for anyone that kicks grounded101 in the balls and gets it on video....
Daniel
Protect Yourself and Your Loved Ones
Tasers - Pepper Spray - Stun Guns and more!
www.dallassecuritysupply.com

50.00 cash money for anyone that kicks grounded101 in the balls and gets it on video....

Grounded101 writes/sounds more like a woman to me, so I feel it's unlikey you'll find balls there.

"Now I've settled down,
in a quiet little town,
and forgot about everything"

Grounded101 writes/sounds more like a woman to me, so I feel it's unlikey you'll find balls there.

In that case... Someone could offer 50.00 (75.00 tops) cash money for anyone that gets video of her being 'screwed'... Legally of course... and posts it for download...
wait... nevermind thats kinda ew... scratch that... not litterally

Grounded101:

So is the NPS offering rewards to turn in jumpers? Sad waste of taxpayers money. Did NPS or police officials call you?

Jumpers all around appreciate the heads up.
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Jason is it true, that you let someone from "WhiteWater" jump? Eventhou he had never made a skydive before? Do I need to go on?
----------------------------------------------------------

Why the attack on Jason? What's your motivation here? You start a thread making a pointed statment about avoiding acts that could threaten Bridge Day, and then you dig up this thing about your mailbox? And the jumper from whitewater. Both pointless arguments in my opinion. Gee I wonder what the local economy is more concerned about, tons of $$ from Bridge Day, or your stupid fucking mailbox getting knocked down?

I think its safe to say that you're being an asshole, but its hard to say given your rhetorical approach.

Cheers,

JP

The BASE community never surprises me. Fortunately, situations like this make me chuckle once in awhile. I just talked to "grounded101" (aka. Jess Smith) via email. She says we ran over her mailbox THREE times, although I'm not sure who, where, or when this occurred. How do you run over a mailbox THREE times? She says she contacted me about this in the past (NOT!) and that she jumps with Joy (the WV girl who got her BD badge yanked because she lied on her gear rental application). Go figure.

Personally, I think "grounded101" and "Joy" might be one and the same. If not, the are definately cast in the same mold.

Anyway, it's January and here I am trying to solve the mystery mailbox caper. Shouldn't we be snowboarding or sitting by the fire this time of year? January isn't the time to deal with Bridge Day and some mystery lady's damaged mailbox.

I don't drink but a few times a year. Tonight will probably be one of them.....

Do Cooter and Roscoe P. Coltrain sleep under the bridge every day, just hoping for some action? These guys need some real work.

Someone go down there and rob a bank or shoot someone for christ sake....

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

You're out of line. Regardless of what you think of someone, threats or suggestions of physical violence are not tolerated on these forums.

I've banned you from this forum for 28 days.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

...threats or suggestions of physical violence are not tolerated on these forums.

What about tar and feather?

Jason,

The Easterpigs all still love you! Even if you are a mailbox killer....LOL! As always, looking forward to Bridge Day...and we appreciate what you do for the masses.

Go have a drink, light a fire and hang out with your wife and munchkin.

K

Does anyone know Dennis from Il.? Our crew was told by a friendly law enforcement official of a day blazer in the area and we have been trying to figure out who it was.:S

How do you run over a mailbox THREE times?

Obviously you weren't as bored as I was in high school:P

The Suvorovs fled the scene Monday, but turned themselves in later.

May I ask why?