jupija

nps - question

just wondering if one is to climb something in NP and then jumps the E, would that still b air delivery, or could u get by saying is just the way of transport down the ropes ... + your self, that u didnt need to walk, or even better that u used the canopy as rescue , couse u sleeped and fall. Maybe sounds stupid, but how could they proof u didnt slip froom e, and if they would charge u for saving your life with base rig. or what if climbers would start to use canopys for all the stuff they have to cary down.

AFAIK (not a base jumper) its where you land that counts and landing under a parachte counts as aerial delivery. I really doubt that the NPS is going to believe you took a base rig with you just in case you fell off.

------
Two of the three voices in my head agree with you. It might actually be unanimous but voice three only speaks Welsh.

Using a canopy to drop your gear instead of carryin it down is "Air Delivery".

From what I've heard, you don't even have to jump to be charged with arial delivery. An open canopy on the ground is enough of reason.

Tony

you have to remember that it's not "what you could get by with."
The whole aerial delivery law is bunk to begin with when applied to our sport--it's merely the closest thing to a law prhibiting BASE in the parks as they have without making new laws. Those fuckers are going to bust you no matter how good of an excuse you have...and take your gear...and fine you...and take you to jail...

When WE can make the rules, oh the fun I'm going to have--the rangers will be bringing me lunch in the LZ's they are keeping clear for me, they will be providing shaded packing areas in the summer, and heated ones in winter. We may even have them take turns being an accuracy pad to stomp in the LZ.

Until then, it's camo and surreptitious stealth missions.

PS: a big hello to all the [non-BASE friendly] rangers reading this post!

Go forth now, to the promised lands, and swear much unto each other, with mighty profanity and many personal attacks. T.A.

From what I've heard, you don't even have to jump to be charged with arial delivery. An open canopy on the ground is enough of reason.

Tony

That is nice. So if you pack fast after you land they can not charge you any more with aerial delivey? Unlikely it seems to me.

Ronald