Calvin19

everybody give nate P a big chunk of kudos for climbing down.

Ditto, here chill out - smoke this.

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --

that is exactly right.

in all reality, the condidions were bad. my mentor would have been pissed had he still been around. but, i looked at the wind (50mph at exit, 400' up the guyed A, on ther ground about 15-20, all right between the wires), i looked at the LZ, (HUGE feild, no trees, nothing, only 2' of snow for about A HALF MILE)

I looked at these conditions, thought about it, and decided there could not be a problem with a floater. if ANYONE out there can point out a possible problem with that, i would like to hear it. NATE just didnt like the situation, and as a joke, i posted it. im still hanging out with him, and he doesnt seem to hate me for a joke. weird, you know? someone NOT hateing you after a small joke?

PS-it was just a joke.

Are you simple?.... Do you not comprehend the real meaning of the previous posts at all? You don’t seem to grasp anything said other than “uh huh he climbed down”…

NO ONE IS DISRESPECTING SOMEONE FOR CLIMBING DOWN

no, i got that,

i was just explaining myself. i think that jumping for me was safe, as safe as a regular jump. i just looked at the situation, and made a decision. i dont think it was dangerous to jump.

my bad though, i am simple.

-SPACE-

I'll take a stab at looking at this situation.

I think Mac is commenting on the fact that you 'needed' to comment internationally on a jump you did where one of your crew decided to walk.

I'm reading into the thread as ...
..although its generally accepted that if you feel you need to walk , its always the right decision ( for you at that time)....you seemed to put that situation into a soft background focus to 'you' doing a jump in what were clearly...unsuitable conditions.....why?
....because maybe you are a little bit..'wooo'..little bit 'waaay'....not too smart...but 'rad' as fuck and craaazy ( is that enough a's for the right effect..?)

Absolute congratulations on doing the jump and surviving it...it does sound like a ballsy jump....but it doesnt sound at all smart ( but you seem to feel proud about that..? )

Are you the guy that had a really bad paragliding accident...? or am I thinking of someone else..? ( if you are I would have thought you would have taken your decision making process a little more...carefully)

What I WOULD have liked to have seen you posted, was a jump log, a story, describing that kind of jump....not the kinda 'Look how cool our Crew (..erm..me) is'.. kinda post

Or maybe I got it all wrong and its just one of those little piss take situations we are supposed to 'take' in BASE

Either way, credit for getting away with the jump without injury ...thats worthy of some respect.

no, i got that,

i was just explaining myself. i think that jumping for me was safe, as safe as a regular jump. i just looked at the situation, and made a decision. i dont think it was dangerous to jump.

my bad though, i am simple.

My God! you still dont get it! Seriously, you must be taking the piss here? I really hope you are showing some real sarcastic greatness here..... OR...... Do you really not understand my posts at all? You are not simple because of your jump, you are simple because you dont understand my really obvious and blatent posts.... XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Edit: XXXX for something not appropriate...

I think Mac is commenting on the fact that you 'needed' to comment internationally on a jump you did where one of your crew decided to walk.

Ah! look Calvin19, someone else understands what I am getting at, just because he is also a UKer, does not mean you cant also understand....

Please, this all must be a joke......... [:/]

i looked at the wind (50mph at exit, 400' up the guyed A...if ANYONE out there can point out a possible problem with that, i would like to hear it...

>>If you do sd floater in really nuking winds, and get a 180 with twists (it happens), odds are you'll be looking at 50+ mph downwind landing before you can get out of the twists. That could ruin your day.

If you do sd floater in really nuking winds, and get a 180 with twists (it happens), odds are you'll be looking at 50+ mph downwind landing before you can get out of the twists. That could ruin your day.

Only if you land whith your head down and the D### outside your pants in frezzing conditions:P

It would look good at video through:)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

agreed, it could happen.
but the boys did again the next night, and downwinded the landing. ground crew on my jump was there reporting 15 on the deck. with 2 feet of snow, and a square mile of open level downind, i doubt the line twist downwind would be that bad.

Im not to savvy on opening parachutes, but i dont understand how high clean winds could give a person a higher chance of off heading openings on a floater. explain? i can kinda see hoe doing a normal jump could cause a arm bridal wrap, or maybe a line over,
but it is relative wind right?

Ah! look Calvin19, someone else understands what I am getting at, just because he is also a UKer, does not mean you cant also understand....

Please, this all must be a joke......... [:/]

mac,
sorry i was not getting it. i was responding as a defense on a different subject. again, my bad.

and it wa all a joke, i mean, we made fun of nate because the two jumpers were fine, and he imedietly said he wished he would have been up there and had jumped with us. i just posted it online here to have some fun with him.
is there not another thread about how 99% of the BASE Zone banter is totaly useless?
it was a useless post from the begginning, i wasnt bragging, just making fun of nate. he is a good freind and he thought it was funny.
sorry everyone is making such a big deal about it.

i mean, it should have just been me, nate, and ghetto in this thread from the beginning. but a lot of other people came in and judged us. i could have just called him or brett, but that would not have been as funny. we jumped the next night together and laughed about all the poeple going nuts over a joke post. (and nate jumped the next night. good manB|)

-SPACE-

Absolute congratulations on doing the jump and surviving it...it does sound like a ballsy jump....but it doesnt sound at all smart ( but you seem to feel proud about that..? )

Are you the guy that had a really bad paragliding accident...? or am I thinking of someone else..? ( if you are I would have thought you would have taken your decision making process a little more...carefully)

yeah, the paraglider wreck was me. and that might have been stupid, mught not have been launching in those conditions. from what the pilot said who was going to launch behind me, the conditions were good, and not dangerous. but i dont remember that day.

hmm... i wil hold that me jumping was not any more dangerous than a zero wind jump. but thats just me.
anyway, how about we let this thread go away so people stop getting grundly panties?

-SPACE-

Only if you land whith your head down and the D### outside your pants in frezzing conditions :P

It would look good at video through :)

>>Only to you Faber, only to you!
Sounds specific, Faber what you been up to?
:D

...but i dont understand how high clean winds could give a person a higher chance of off heading openings on a floater. explain?

>>It doesn't, really. You're in the perfect ram air orientation. You'll get a jolt as you get pushed back from the tower on opening. In my experience there's not usually there's not a ~30mph diff in exit point vs ground winds, and two feet of snow really helps. It's just, "what if". I'd feel a lot better doing a floater in 30mph winds with 10 on the ground vs 50mph winds & 30 on the ground

Ok, fair enough. and i agree with you.
I might have been exagerating subcosniously, the exit wind may have only been 30mph, but i think it was faster. ground wind was about 15. just enough for us to kite our canopies and get drug through the snow.

Kudos to Nate for taking a step back.

I am very impressed with the consideration both Nate and Ghetto have shown for our local sites. Both jumpers are well researched in BASE Junping, gear, history, ethics and objects.

Our sites mean much more to them than just a launch point. They would rather take the trip back down (in extremely cold conditions I might add) than to burn a site due to an error or possible bust.

My hat is off to them both. These are two stand up guys you can welcome to your town.

Have Fun!
Baz

Hey pm me lets do the s or the e we can meet there some weekend soon
JOMAN

50mph at exit, 400' up the guyed A, on ther ground about 15-20, all right between the wires...

I looked at these conditions, thought about it, and decided there could not be a problem with a floater.

Watching the steel whizzing a few inches from your face while knowing you can't possibly hit it... is a priceless way of showing a finger to mother Nature! ;)

I'm curious, from your observations during climb and jump, what was the distribution of windspeed over the altitude? Was it linear from 15mph on the ground to 50 at 400ft, or there was a sharp shear layer? (if yes, at what altitude?) If you're flying upwind and go through a shear layer with ~15-20mph or more gradient, could the canopy collapse without warning, as its airspeed is suddenly dropped to zero or even negative value?
Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio

it seemed linear to me, almost perfectly. if anything the biggest jump was in the first 30'. fun as hell.