avenfoto

SkyPunk's Tower is HOT!!

busted by hunter at sunrise

is sunrise at your part of the world the same time as it is here at this time of year?

WTF? A hunter fells like he needs make a citizens arrest in this situation because he’s carrying a firearm!

Hunter?!?! My Ass! The BOY has been watching way too much Judge Judy!

FUCK HIM!

Baz

When you say hunter...Are you actually referring to a hunter...or just another word for the Fuzz?
Daniel
Protect Yourself and Your Loved Ones
Tasers - Pepper Spray - Stun Guns and more!
www.dallassecuritysupply.com

When you say hunter...

Why focus on that part?

Who gives a toss who you get busted by.... when sunrise is at an hour that is unacceptable from certain objects should not the question be something different...

Edit to add: Ah Fffffuck... I have joined the cliquey who cares about anything apart from how I look to my friends who I can call on my cell phone or meet for a beer at any time forum..... my apologies......

is sunrise at your part of the world the same time as it is here at this time of year?

By quick internet check, sunrise in his part of the world is about an hour and a quarter before it is in your part.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

By quick internet check, sunrise in his part of the world is about an hour and a quarter before it is in your part.

..... not perfect then....

i had a friend log in and post for me last nite.., and fwiw i was not on the load, this is second hand info, from the 2 senior jumpers on the load (300/750+ jumps)

there were 5 from 1600, 2 solos and a three way at dawn (were usually gone by 6:35) and apparantly a hunter saw the jumps, called the police, and drove to the front of the compound and locked everybody in (his own lock? i dont know)

when driving out of the facility the jumpers were greeted by " a redneck and a some cops" quote unquote... cops were decent, and willing to release evryone, but the property manager was called and stated that they would be pressing charges...

all jumpers recived simple tresspass misdemeanors and a free days stay at the local threehots'nacot...

please stay off this thing for a while...play safe

i had a friend log in and post for me last nite.., and fwiw i was not on the load, this is second hand info, from the 2 senior jumpers on the load (300/750+ jumps)

there were 5 from 1600, 2 solos and a three way at dawn (were usually gone by 6:35) and apparantly a hunter saw the jumps, called the police, and drove to the front of the compound and locked everybody in (his own lock? i dont know)

when driving out of the facility the jumpers were greeted by " a redneck and a some cops" quote unquote... cops were decent, and willing to release evryone, but the property manager was called and stated that they would be pressing charges...

all jumpers recived simple tresspass misdemeanors and a free days stay at the local threehots'nacot...

please stay off this thing for a while...play safe

I have never been to the object discussed, but that always leads me to the questions that has been bugging me for years - WHY PARK YOUR CAR INSIDE THE GROUNDS ???? A healthy hike is good for the body, and I doubt most cops will chase you through the woods/whatever. Again, I am sure every object is different, but I make it a point to hike rather to be able to drive out .... OR NOT :)

what if someone got hurt? would you endanger them by carrying them all the way out? wouldn't it better to at least have the option of getting a vehicle close to the site?
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

apparantly a hunter saw the jumps, called the police, and drove to the front of the compound and locked everybody in (his own lock? i dont know)

That sounds like unlawful imprisonment to me. What a fucking dickhead. You should call the game commission and tell them you saw that guy shooting at a bald eagle.

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

You should call the game commission and tell them you saw that guy shooting at a bald eagle.

I'd bet (hope) that this was tongue-in-cheek. Still, maybe you can help me out here...

If the NPS gets frustrated with the impotence of laws that clearly apply to BASE jumpers, and starts sticking them with delivery by air, that's evil. If BASE jumpers got frustrated with the impotence of laws that prohibit locking folks in a compound, and started harassing people for stuff they didn't do, that would be ____.

what if someone got hurt? would you endanger them by carrying them all the way out? wouldn't it better to at least have the option of getting a vehicle close to the site?

If you have the option to pull in before you climb, you always have that option after you land. I honestly think that what you are talking is an excuse that people use to get lazy. Again, I am talking about groups here, not single individuals.

park far away but carry cutters. what if the ambulance does not have cutters? have you had to deal with someone or yourself with a serious injury?

Yah so then he sits there as many mornings as he can squeeze in just waiting - with a firearm no less, sounds like a plan to me...

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --

park far away but carry cutters. what if the ambulance does not have cutters? have you had to deal with someone or yourself with a serious injury?

incidently, yes. And the ambulance didn't have cutters :).

sorry to move the topic, btw. I agree with you, keep cutters, and picks handy, BUT NOT ON YOU.

i really don't know any base jumpers who are lazy. driving hundreds of miles, climbing up things, scoping things out...

i hope the rest of the jumper population understands the importance of being able to make the rescue in a quick and safe manner. cutters are one emergency item that can allow this. beyond this would be various other items such as splints and a collapsable backboard.

You should call the game commission and tell them you saw that guy shooting at a bald eagle.

That would be STUPID!!!

That sounds like unlawful imprisonment to me. What a fucking dickhead.

On the flip side I bet some lawyers would agree!!

Under our law, a person is guilty of Unlawful Imprisonment in the First Degree when he or she restrains another person under circumstances which expose the latter to a risk of serious physical
injury.

NY law... should be pretty similar to other statutes though. :P
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P