byte008

BASE / Earth in [Germany]

Hi! I'll be in Germany (NRW) in May. Are there any cliffs in that area that are suited for BASE or do you have to travel south a few hundred kilometers?

That's a very good question! I will be moving to Germany (Frankfurt) and I am also looking for information about good spots and maybe some contacts (preferably cute guys ;) who would like to some jumps with me

Hello,

to my knowledge there are no jumpable cliffs in Germany apart from spots in the Alps in southern Germany. Only heard about how they got jumped by some Germans and also a certain excellent Russian wingsuit flyer :-) and did not jump myself, they probably are quite hard anyway. So, for cliff jumping you would have to go north (Norway) or south (Italy, Switzerland, France, etc.).

@Robyn71: I suppose you speak German :). In this case I would suggest to have a look at our German base association website : www.base-jump.de and check the contacts (in your case probably region Hessen is of interest for you). For cuteness you have to find out yourself :). If you do not speak German let me know via pm and I can send you the contact for Frankfurt.

And in case you find yourself near Munich or have more questions let me know anyway, I will be happy to help you.

Best, Eduard.

--
Eduard

Hi Eduard!

Thank you very much for the information! I do speak German - but not very well. I hardly practice it due to a lack of opportunities or lazyness :S (guess it's the latter) But I am sure I will manage somehow. I'd love to travel around in Germany and see as many sites/dropzones as possible and I will definitely visit Munich (looking forward to the beer fest B| ) I heard a lot about the German guys, they have a very good reputation in other countries. I am VERY curious :ph34r:

Hi Robyn!

Yes, the beer festival (Oktoberfest) is the bomb!!! Either you love it or you hate it, but it is a must see :)

Cya, all the best, Eduard.

--
Eduard

I am also looking for information about good spots and maybe some contacts (preferably cute guys who would like to some jumps with me

Im cute:P(dont listen to the rest here which probaly says otherwise:ph34r:)
I live in Denmark(most people think im Duch-Holland/Nederland) so i guess it aint that important;)

I will share jumps whith you just pay me a visit:P

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Oh my god,are people really thinking Faber is dutch??

Well most of the Americans ive meet see europe as one country,thouse who knows its not like that usaly has heard about Denmark,but think we´re duch people..(has to Ad,i have nothing against Duch people,i just happen to be a a DANE,and proud of it:P)
Now were you one of thouse?:ph34r:

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

It's because Faber is common name in Flanders/Holland. You have Jan Faber (a flemish artist) and Peter Faber (A Dutch actor and lots of unknown Fabers. Edited to add: So now you know some more useless info :|

I do belive Peter Faber were orriginal from Germany,he then since moved to Denmark and wrote some comon xmas songs(dont make me sing them).

In DK Faber family makes alot of different stuff the same about the German part(like pencils)

Unlucky im not in close relation to any of thouse,so im NOT a rich kid:P

Now back to BASE thanks:ph34r:

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Oh my god,are people really thinking Faber is dutch??

Well, he did tour the US in a car with "Dutch Boys Inside" clearly written on the window. :D
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

hi robyn...

check out the dropzone in Kassel est 200 km from Frankfirt...there a some BASER,....and they are eloquent AND cute....;)

skydive.de

he did tour the US in a car with "Dutch Boys Inside" clearly written on the window:D

rembers me that i still need to kick your arse more than i did that night:ph34r:

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

some suitable cliffs are close to the german border here in austria as well.

and austrian jumpers are cute too ... ;)

andY

What would a good spot be in Norway? I'll probably be going skiing there in a few weeks...