base283

ITW Fatality

Bad Ideas - 3. Exiting on one's back to video those exiting after (5 fatal. AFAIK).

Any idea the experience level on the 5 jumpers.

Coco

didnt thought i will c his name on the memory tower just before exit on ITW and on nicks list...

:(

It is the same with the unstable exit untill impact. If I look at Jeb Corliss' video's, he is unstable untill opening.... And surely Jeb knows what he is doing.

Absolutely not the same on unstable to impact. One can only do this once.
Unstable until impact and unstable on opening are 2 different things. My view of unstable is loss of control of the 3 axis. I have not seen Jeb do this. Impact is impact.
I don't think the dialogue we are having is going the direction of my response to Avery. A lot of what I mean is due to back exits whilst filming another jumper above.
take care,
space

Bad Ideas - 3. Exiting on one's back to video those exiting after (5 fatal. AFAIK).

Any idea the experience level on the 5 jumpers.

Some were very experienced. Any time you put yourself back to earth and intentionally stay that way, especially while focusing on something else, you have put yourself firmly in harms way.

This wasn't their first day at the rodeo. They knew what they were up against. And still, it got them.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I met Eddie for the first time during my static line course, that was about 7 years ago. I think he made one static line jump that day and if i remember correctly it was his first. A year later he showed up at the DZ having finished AFF at another DZ, he took the fast route to skydiving. He joined our skydiving club (www.fsr-club2000.de) but rarely showed up, when he did show up one day and i didn't have a Rig (repack) he offered me one of his imediately. When i organized a Video get together at our clubhouse he offered me extra Videos and since he could not be there, he even mailed them to me. One of these short movies was a 16mm Demo Reel.
The last time i met him was in March of this year for the pink skyvan Boogie in Austria he was there with Hartkor_Fakker and we did one not so sucessfull Wingsuit jump.
:|

Franco
If it does not cost anything you are the product.

sad times indeed,
i had the pleasuse of jumping with eddie all around the world and he was a classic dude and a great jumper. the video of him and slim in mexico is pricless,
see you on the darkside brother with all our other fallen friends
shine on
douggs

Condolences to his family....Eddie was a good person...
Go Easy Brother.....
Daniel
Protect Yourself and Your Loved Ones
Tasers - Pepper Spray - Stun Guns and more!
www.dallassecuritysupply.com

I am getting all the details together of what happened. Please have patience. I will post soon.
Thanks,
take care,
space

Eddie’s last jump.
There was a pre-jump briefing: Eddie planned to video, from a back-to-earth position, with Hartkor_Fakker tracking for 4sec; Eddie would then return to a face-to-earth position and deploy at 8sec.
The jump went as planned with a 3rd jumper observing from the exit point. The 3rd jumper saw that Eddie deployed and had a 180 and then flew, without any corrections, until he was out of sight underneath the exit point. The next sighting was by Hartkor_Fakker, who had opened, and saw Eddie tumbling down the cliff for approximately 300m to the cliff base. He then called Rescue. The 3rd jumper landed near Eddie and hiked up to the cliff base and arrived at the same time Rescue Helicopter. The rescuers pronounced Eddie dead on the scene.

We (the area jumpers) have interest in inspecting his equipment and if this is possible, we will post the findings.
That’s all for now,

Fly Free Eddie,
Take care,
space

Eddie, I'll never forget the first time I met you, or running into you devouring waffles in Lauterbrunnen or Chinese with you, Jimmy, Jeb & Swiss Chris last year.

Words cannot express how sad I am. The world is a much dimmer place without your vibrancy in it.[:/]

Edited to add: The footage of Eddie on Slim's Tex Mex (the cave) Mix is absolute gold.
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."

I am going to miss you Eddie!

Be careful out there
If your parachute fails to open, remember you have the rest of your live to fix it.

I'll miss you Eddie!

Thanks for the good times in Norway, Italy and China!!
Always fun to be around you!

I really hope there is a life after this, too many friends I want to meet again.... If there is, say hello to Slim,Darcy, Coombesy, Adam and the others!

Atle
See what I'm saying? Thats what I'm saying! What am I saying? I DON'T KNOW!!

Some pictures of Eddie from Moscow and KL a few years ago.

:'-(
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

Here is the homepage of Eddies Film that will come out soon.

http://www.toedliche-verbindungen.de/

click "weiter zur Webseite"and then click the making of. The Guy behind the camera with the ABA Shirt is Eddie...

Fly free Eddie, I only jumped with you once but I will never forget it because on the hike to the exit our main subject was how healthy it is to start a week with purge medicine, then do a clyster and then do not eat anything and only drink fruit juice for an entire week...:)
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

Wow, can't believe I just saw this. Eddie... bye mate and fly free. I love your work and am on of many who miss you. :(

What was the name of his movie?

only met him once in norway but he seemed like a realy cool nice guy.