laskydiver

Antenna Climb Time

it took me three hours once, then i found an A with an elevator.

1.5hrs/1300ft for an old man
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

I know a well shaped young man who did 1500 feet in 45 minutes. His long, smooth rippling thighs were tight as thorobred's afterwards.

I know a well shaped young man who did 1500 feet in 45 minutes. His long, smooth rippling thighs were tight as thorobred's afterwards.

wasn't the same young man (a redhead might I add) climbing without a rig and had to pass out for a few mins on the 900ft level ?

45 min. but sometimes... takes longer when i enyoj the time and sunrise when i'm alone ;-)

James nathan halliday, god bless him, he once climbed 1680 ft of ladder in 38 minutes. Slambo recently did it in 41.

45 minutes or so should be ample to time to get up an 1100 footer at a casual/ normal pace.

wow, i did 1800' in 53 minutes back before i was injured and in shape. but hey, i got all you hosers beat cause it was at 4500' MSL to 6300'. our A out here is a 2000' ladder climb. yeah CO!

I average 50 mins for my 1000ft, but my firefighter buddy can do it in 20 mins...:S

look at my dick now. look how big it is.

and see how far i can piss? thats pretty far.

i have some jumping freinds out here in CO, and the first time the crew went out to our 2000' A, as we were gearing up, this kid spilled out that he was slider down. we all made a fuss until we were at 1200', and he was just passing 200'. slow fucker. we did a 2 way, but he was at 400, me at 1800.

I can do 1050 in 20mins
I once did 500 in 6 mins because my friends didn't want to wait for me at the bottom.

Gary

I don't know of professional rock climbers that can climb that fast.
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

I'm out of shape, smoke, and drink alot, and I can climb to 1000' in about 40-45 min.
but I haven't jumped an A in a while, so maybe not any more:S

Yea the key is its all mental. you have to be in the state of mind of ascension. I find that climbing shirtless allows my body to stay cooler, thus allowing me to climb faster.

I'm out of shape, smoke, and drink alot, and I can climb to 1000' in about 40-45 min.:S

40 minutes my ass! You're slow!

but I haven't jumped an A in a while,

Yea tell me about it! Ya Lazy Bastard! :D:D

Coco

"It's a state of mind, it's that place where you lose yourself and you find yourself all at the same time..."

-bodi to special agent Johnny Utah.

I have > 300 antenna climbs, most to 1000' and some to 2000'. There is only one jumper I know of that could climb faster than the elevator. He built the 2000' tower we were on and he showed me by climbing the ladder while I rode the elevator.

I was clocked climbing a ~200' monopole (pegs) in 2:10 with about 20-30lbs of climbing gear and tools earlier this summer... it was pretty much a sprint tho and i had to stop at the top for about 5 minutes to catch my breath and let the dizziness die down before i could start working.

500ft in 6 minutes would be pretty damn impressive, but doable if you are in excellent shape and you aren't clumsy.
Web Design
Cleveland Skydiving
"Hey, these cookies don't taste anything like girl scouts..."

I was able to knock out 2 jumps in just under 20 minutes includeing stash time.

Antenna 300ft

1. First jump was 10 min from the time I started climbing to gear stashed.

2. Second was just under 8 min (I was warmed up) from the time I started climbing to gear stashed.

Total time on site a bit over 20 min.
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

How could someone claim to climb that fast to 1000 feet given that he weighs 210 pounds? It doesn't seem feasible to weigh that much and climb that fast.

I was able to knock out 2 jumps in just under 20 minutes includeing stash time.

Antenna 300ft

That is impressive, I was on a 300 footer last night. The climb up was around 20 minutes. I am not in the best shape (not terrible though), and it was my first time on an outside climb, so that really didn't help. I was far more scared than I imagined.

The climb down was a little quicker (got winded out). But still painfully slow, as we were pretty exposed to passers-by.

Looks like I have to start climbing more ladders or working out or something. My arms are still killing me, I can't imagine climbing 2000'.

Andrew
Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid,
the vast limits of their knowledge. - Mark Twain