Bodil Roland Heen.

Bodil died 89 years old 11 desember. She and her husband Arne Randers Heen contributet to the very first jump in Troll Wall, and for several years after been supporting, and guiding jumpers from all over the world. I know there is many oldtimers out there carrying them in their heart. They also staring in Carls movies from the Troll.

Can someone please let Jean know, I am sure she would like to know!

If there is someone who knew her well, and want me to bring som words, e-mail me on [email protected]

I am so sorry to hear this. Did she ever write anything down about her experiences. If not, it would be lovely at some time in the future to hear from Arne about Bodil's life.

Legends must not be forgotton.

This is Rick Harrison and I'll let Jean know about Bodil's death. My brother Randy and I met her in Andelsnes in July 1999. We were in Norway as Thor Alex's guest. After Thor Alex died at Kjerag we went with a good friend to do Troll. Bodil was 83 then and had just hiked up Mt. Kilamanjaro 2 years before. She was so proud of that climb she had a nice T-shirt that said she climbed it at 81. She even danced a jig for us. Spunky lady. Her deceased husband Arne was known as the best climber in that part of Norway in his day. He discovered most of the climbing routes up the Troll and is the man who introduced the best exit point off Troll to my old friend John Mjoen, Norway BASE #1. Arne found a route up to the Spire and then told John, "There is something you need to see". John went up with Arne and John became the first to go off that exit. John died in 94 in Denmark on a tandem skydive. Bodil kept a large BASE/Climbing museum in her basement and has a ton of old photos of Arne climbing and of Carl and Jean and other early Troll jumpers. She was truly an amazing women.
Cliffleaper
BASE 38