BASE1036

Post Pics of your pin rig

If you could change something about your current pin rig...what would it be. I am working on a new design and am open to suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Daniel
Protect Yourself and Your Loved Ones
Tasers - Pepper Spray - Stun Guns and more!
www.dallassecuritysupply.com

I've got an Apex DP and I really like the details of it. The flap on the Gargoyle is also nice. I had a Vertex2 and there were a couple of things they improved on when they built the DP. One of those were the small triangular reinforced flaps that would never stay closed. The shape is also very nice. Another couple of things I like are the hidden three rings and dynamic corners. When it's layed out to pack it looks like a flat piece of material; nothing to stag or deflect the canopy as it comes off your back.

Good luch with your efforts.

This picture HERE shows a couple of 'modifications' that seem to work well.
Later
Blair
OK OK its a shameless plug for a gargoyle.. :)

OK OK its a shameless plug for a gargoyle.. :)

There's a rig in that picture?!?

Based on your jump numbers posted, I would assume you are a rigger or know your shit. If you do have great knowledge on rigging than your question should answer itself. Take what you like from the manufactures and make it your own. I love Asylum... their containers and canopies are amazing. If you think you can do better....make it.

Bryan

you lik mine?

i get it for vewry cheap and i mak mofifikation with thread one of my wife make with sheep hair.
is very good, you must to try it.
my place i work

Looks like about 350cc's of modifications....
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

Looks like about 350cc's of modifications....

I never thought 350CC would go vroooom ....
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Based on your jump numbers posted, I would assume you are a rigger or know your shit. If you do have great knowledge on rigging than your question should answer itself. Take what you like from the manufactures and make it your own. I love Asylum... their containers and canopies are amazing. If you think you can do better....make it.

Bryan

You are correct in your assumption. I am making my own, and have some awesome ides to incorperate into it. Just looking for feedback as to what people like and dont like in the field. Thanks for the reply.
Daniel
Protect Yourself and Your Loved Ones
Tasers - Pepper Spray - Stun Guns and more!
www.dallassecuritysupply.com

Builing stuff is fun!

I do love the lines of the Pro. The thing is sexy almost as sexy as Maggot.

I like how the Gargoyle closes but the contaier looks like a carton box and I don't like the one peice leg strap but I do like the ring they use for articulation.

The DP looks like a pear or a fat chick, I don't dig fat chicks.

They are all well built, no doubt. Just build a container that has all the features you want ripping off ideas from other ones, no shame in that, we all got to start some where. Once you have build a few you might come up with your unique design.

The funny thing is that the thing that actually saves your life takes ten minutes to be built.

Please post pics when you're done!
You know you have a problem when maggot is the voice of reason at the exit points

the posibility of placing a backsheld in the back of the harness..
I often jump some SL jumps solo on which i need to get away in a hurry,wearing the turtelsheld under my jacket aint fun while driving..

So if i could get a option were i can place back protetion if i like or remove if i dislike then i would be happy,speacilly if you did it to my GargoylesB|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

thats a great idea,

removable built in body armor

(copyright) <--joking
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

(copyright) <--joking

no need to joke,people alrerady surgested this im doing it now and in a few years a person came up whith the idea:P:D

then the fighting will begin and all of us will clame it were our idea.. just like whith the carry on SL:D:ph34r:(NO WE DONT WANT TO DISCUSS THAT AGAINB| )

i dont care who got the idea its great and i want 2 of them(built into Gargoyles-Rob n´Kathy contact me as i will serve the test jumps for ya:P )

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Well by all means, lets see the pics onf one of the rigs you have built. It sounds like you have built many, so you must have lots of modes you can show us. Since you like Ppro, do you build fold over style flaps, or the thread through styl like a gargoyle? I build a hybrid but would really enjoy seeing what your stuff looks like.

I build a hybrid

As in a hybrid between fold-over and thread-through flaps? How does that work?

Michael

Check out the Cocoon at www.southsidebase.de

cut in laterals are a bad idea on a single container, a friend of mine jumped a rig like that hand held and i often unhooked the bridle from the bottom corner as he was about to jump. having owned one briefly myself i would say a rig is more comfortable without this feature as the container hugs my back better and i can feel the openings.i also had a javelin oddessey, yes it certainly makes a skydiving rig fit beautifully.
my hovercraft is full of eels.

You sound like a savvy guy building hybrids and such. I'm actually quite impressed.

Here is one of my creations. The good looking fella in the pic is my twin bro Otto.
You know you have a problem when maggot is the voice of reason at the exit points

Hey that is a really funny pic. But seriously, I would like to see pics of the rigs you have built. Since it seems we know many of the same people, I'm certain you've seen one of mine, so lets see this work of yours that you enjoy jumping so much.

I build a hybrid

Michael

Magic.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Hate to change the subject, this is kinda related. On soul flyers 2 about 33 minutes into it, there is a reverse mounted camera that shows the rig he's using. At first I thought it might be a velcro rig but it shows the opening and its a two pin. Does anyone know what kind of rig that is? New manufacturer or new design maybe. Im really only familiar with asylum gear.

"HIGAF" Honestly I Give A F*^%

Yes. It's essentially a pin rig where the pin cover flap is attached to the bridle, rather than to the rig.

I actually saw the same thing and emailed Loic about it. He said that it's a personal prototype, and that it's not likely they'll ever sell that version of the rig. The production version is called the Snekor (I think the current model is the Snekor 2), but does not have that flap on the bridle. I believe that you can buy them through Fly Your Body, but I don't think they are on the web site.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Cool. Looks to me like the "hybrid" part is because the pin flap can go either way, right? Can anyone tell me why you'd want the pin flap to go one way in some situations, but the other way in others? Thanks!

Michael

This is one of my creations...just another Velcro rig, nothing like the ultra cool hybrids of yours. The only difference is the flap. I like the look of a plain flap like the Vision, SC, and the original Perigee.

However with those designs there is the "possible" problem of the top of the flap peeling during terminal jumps and/or aerials. The P2 solved that problem with the triangular top piece that IMO can look pretty ugly if the rig is not packed right (80% of the ones I have seen).
The Medusa design suffers from closure problems as well.

I called my flap the "Tree Flap" named after the greatest and most humble rigger the world has ever seen. It's nothing but a double layer of type 17 with a lexan core, one per side. It can be retro-fitted to any conventional Velcro rig and it works like butter.

As for pin rig I am working now on a design where the side flaps stay on top all way to closure giving the rig a very smooth profile. It seems that the hybrid from southsidebase implements this design but I cannot quite tell from the pics.

Also those guys seem to build some pretty cool stuff. I like the real 4-point articulation using a ring instead of a d-ring.

http://www.southsidebase.de/images/relaxbeing.jpg

Does anybody in here jump their stuff?

Edited to add:

Did you guys see the anti-slip friction adapter in the pic? Some exotic hardware those guys use.