magot

Do any of u have a clue

I was just wondering how many idiots out there are base jumping but now nothing about ther canopies or anything related to this sport like say how to land or fly your tarp

because the more I read the crap here the more I say to my self. I'm willing to bet we hit at least 15 fatalites next year.
I mean are all u people really this dumb
I mean like the stonger gear crap
with of corse the exception of a few
AND U GUY NEED TO STOP PICKING ON TOM A
the guy knows his shit and other than baning idiots from the drok zone theres nothin to complian about he actually contributes in a positve way to our sport
which is more than i can say for me and most of u
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad

This should be a sticky. Tom please?
You know you have a problem when maggot is the voice of reason at the exit points

how sweet !!!! hey everybody it looks like we got a new moderator....fantastic

What does base jumping have to do with flying and landing tarps? I've been focusing all my time on bettering myself as a ninja, because someday I want to be as cool as magot, except be able to pull upacked jumps off cliffs. ;) :P

btw, for others who are aspiring to ninja greatness, an invaluable reference is www.askaninja.com. It has guidance on a multitude of ninja-related topics with real-world applications.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

dude, you know that just picking the right colors are all that matter. flying and landing it is easy. as long as you look "so good", everything else will come naturally.

i mean, it's probably safer than golfing.

your right i went trough 3 graphic designers before one came up with a color sceam i liked I think the rig ended up costing me like 35'000 bucks but it is so hot

by the way im so NINJA that ninjas know call them selfs maggots
TOSS MY SALAD

AND U GUY NEED TO STOP PICKING ON TOM A
the guy knows his shit and other than baning idiots from the drok zone theres nothin to complian about

I concur.
You know you have a problem when maggot is the voice of reason at the exit points

Stop picking on Tom A? I'm assuming from your ignorant statement that you've never experienced his selfish politics firsthand.

That guy didn't even schedule one of his free death camps to fit my free time, so I had to pay for his FJC. When I was out there he only invited me over to his house for lunch and dinner with his family, sometimes completely neglecting breakfast. During the so-called "instruction" he only taught PCA, HH, SL, and slider up, didn't even cover aerials or McJJs. Then he had the audacity to loan me a rig for a month after the trip while mine was on order, and to this day while you'd think he'd help out a former student it sometimes takes him up to a day to respond to my questions. Oh yeah and his articles didn't help me at all when I started looking into BASE, fortunately sdmovies.com was there to teach me everything I needed to know.

If you don't wake up in a cold sweat cursing the name of Tom A at least once a week like I do, maybe it's time you considered another sport Magot.

It seemed like the right thing to do at the time

wow maybe tom is an asshole i cant beleave that prik didn't make u breakfast. it's the most important meal of the day
TOSS MY SALAD

jerry i have no idea what you are talking about.

i met a guy last night telling me about his building jump, and i said cool how many jumps do you have?

and he sed 100 and i said cool,base jumps? then he said no,skydives.

100 skydives, cant pack, and two bd jumps this year, 3rd basejump was a b.

no gear knowledge, no nothing and he couldnt understand what i meant when i said he should question the judgement of the guy loaning him a packed rig and taking him on a building jump with one hundred skydives and two nrgb jumps.

this is great. maybe all the idiots will break themselves, and base can go back to the underground. or maybe not.

because the more I read the crap here the more I say to my self. I'm willing to bet we hit at least 15 fatalites next year.

Bah, take it easy dude. If you look at the last 20 fatalities, the number of experienced people who have died still outweighs the number of inexperienced people. Ok, there are 4 I am not so sure about and even if you include those in the inexperienced it makes it about 50/50, the heavier side being the experienced people.
Granted there's a lot more to it than just taking it like that but I just don't think you will be seeing 15 inexperienced people going in next year. Call it the optimists point of view.

AND U GUY NEED TO STOP PICKING ON TOM A.........................the drok zone theres nothin to complian about he actually contributes in a positve way to our sport
which is more than i can say for me and most of u

I agree with that but I definitely also think he is biased in the way he deals with different posters. There's obviously some things I don't know about and I could never give that much of myself to a job with no pay so I should probably just shut up on that...
The bums will never win Lebowski, the bums will never win!
Enfin j'ai trouvé:
Bieeeen

I'll make the bet that the bulk of fatalities for the next few years won't be newbie inexperienced jumpers (1-50 jumps) but low experienced jumpers (50-500 jumps) trying to emulate the proximity tracking/wingsuit jumps and subsequent low pulling they see in various videos and on sdmovies. In addition, I'd be surprised if the current fascination with unpacked jumps and ongoing fascination with complex aerials doesn't claim a few who take those skill sets to completely unsuitable sites.

There is a huge amount of peer pressure out there at the moment. Everyones dialled in to performance and safety margins are taking a back seat.

That's going to get a lot of people killed (i don't exclude myself in this). Some jumps out there, well, you just got to go back to basics (handheld and flat and stable) and leave the jazz in the stashback.

Not recognising when to static line against freefall; when to walk away against static line; when to go handheld against stowed; when to go flat against throw in a gainer; when to pull after 4 against pulling after 6; that's what's going to catch a lot of us out. Thinking it only happens to newbies who don't understand canopies is a big mistake.

ian

ok then its on we need a dead pool

in NYC we call it bounch bingo we can place bets on who will go in next it sends a message to the guy and if he goes in u win a shit load of money my rigger won 2500
bucks a few year back ill explian how the whole thing works later and just for the record I pick MYSELF haha u fuckers wont take me alive
TOSS MY SALAD

Ye, I'm more conservative than you think dude, never win gambling and I'm not really into all that Black Death stuff either. BASE alone is enough to keep me more or less mentally stable. Get too cocky and you quickly get put back into place, get too chicken and sooner or later conditions are good and you have to face your fears.
I'd end up in an institution if I had to bet on anybody's death (including you) and they actually died.

That aside, Ian's point makes sense.
Enfin j'ai trouvé:
Bieeeen

There are so many good people on the list who really shouldn't be there, and conversely too many people strutting around today who really should be that speculating on who could be next is such a long shot it's hardly worthwhile.

Me. I reckon i'm in the danger zone right now. Enough jumps to think i've got the hang of it and too few to actually have. The one thing i might have in my favour is it never stops scaring me and i never cease to appreciate how quickly an apparantly good/easy/straight forward jump can turn bad.

ian

I reckon i'm in the danger zone right now

I think that we are always in a danger zone. The reasons and amount of effect they have just change with where you are at your point in time/experience.

ok then its on we need a dead pool

Genius.

That's exactly what we need. In fact, we can populate the list with the names of people we don't like so that we can actually root for the participants.

Too cool.
$kin
There's only one Tom Aiello...

SOMEWHERE IN SUBURBIA:

Magot:
"look man i no its ur day of f but i'm telin u ther is a lot of $$$ to b maed if u just agre e 2 kum and fethc me a little earlia.
wat is ther about taht u dont understnd u dumass siko mother*%kcer!!!"
Enfin j'ai trouvé:
Bieeeen

seemed to me, from previous posts in this forum, the skygod mentality had been exported from skydiving... its not how you do it... its who you know... cheers magot
you want me to do what???

seemed to me, from previous posts in this forum, the skygod mentality had been exported from skydiving... its not how you do it... its who you know... cheers magot

I don't really understand what you're saying.
is this a reply to me or just a general remark?
Enfin j'ai trouvé:
Bieeeen

>I was just wondering how many idiots out there are base jumping but now nothing about ther canopies or anything related to this sport like say how to land or fly your tarp

If your flying a tarp then you know nothing...is it made of latex or cornsilk?

>because the more I read the crap here the more I say to my self. I'm willing to bet we hit at least 15 fatalites next year.

15 is most likely an understatement...

>I mean are all u people really this dumb

yes

>I mean like the stonger gear crap
with of corse the exception of a few

huh?

>AND U GUY NEED TO STOP PICKING ON TOM A

But it's soooooo fun! He is the self-proclaimed father of modern BASE you know...

>the guy knows his shit and other than baning idiots from the drok zone

yes he does know his shit...but why does he keep on banning idiots from the dork zone? Oh yeah...he's grasping onto a tiny bit of (what must be quite embarrassing) useless power...

>theres nothin to complian about he actually contributes in a positve way to our sport which is more than i can say for me and most of u

I'd say yes..Tom has taught us alot of what not to do in BASE...
Classic Tom A first words after waking from a nasty BASE accident...
"Is my accident on the BASE board???" (he truly is dedicated to the DORK zone - oh yeah...that was before DZ.com)

gotta love the soft cuddly teddy bear anyway tho... WE LOVE YOU TOM!!!

And what's a McJJ?

JJ

If your flying a tarp then you know nothing...is it made of latex or cornsilk?

Neither, duck tape.

15 is most likely an understatement...

No doubt.

yes

Dumb, dumb and beyond dumb.

But it's soooooo fun! He is the self-proclaimed father of modern BASE you know...

Wrong he is the father.

yes he does know his shit...but why does he keep on banning idiots from the dork zone? Oh yeah...he's grasping onto a tiny bit of (what must be quite embarrassing) useless power...

Because only idiots get banned (Johnny, Shane, Nick, Trucker, etc.)

I'd say yes..Tom has taught us alot of what not to do in BASE...
Classic Tom A first words after waking from a nasty BASE accident...
"Is my accident on the BASE board???" (he truly is dedicated to the DORK zone - oh yeah...that was before DZ.com)

Tom never hurt himself, AFAIK.

Tom never hurt himself, AFAIK.

water enema?
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...