dgskydive

Who has the fastest right now??????

Infintiy that's who. If you are looking for a rig in less then 5 weeks check it out! I still am not qouting less then 5 weeks, but we just got one that only took 15 days! That's f---ing fast folks. If you want something new before the weather gets good here check em out!
Dom

Just ordered an Infinity for a customer on Friday and Kelly said it would be in Perris on the 18th of April. B|

Mirage and Jump Shack are also delivering quickly lately. If you're really really in a hurry Jump Shack will build you a Racer 2k3 in less than two weeks - with no rush fee.

Jump Shack..... well I won't let my personal feekings get in the way.

Seen the 2k3? Dealt with them lately?

Customer and dealer service from Jump Shack is their new manager's priority - and it kicks ass. As far as I can see the only downsides to buying a Racer right now are having to buy a two pin Cypres and knowing a rigger who is capable of packing them to look good (which, btw, Jump Shack is happy to teach, free of charge, to any rigger who asks).

having to buy a two pin Cypres

There was some discussion recently about converting a double pin cypres into a single cypres by simply replacing the double cutter with the single 'field replaceable 'cutter. Conversely, can't you turn a one-pin into a two-pin by just replacing the cutter with a 'two' cutter? http://www.cypres.cc/Sites/englisch/Frameset_engl_products.htm

Seen the 2k3? Dealt with them lately?

Customer and dealer service from Jump Shack is their new manager's priority - and it kicks ass.

No. No.

Why don't they update their website? You must admit that it's pretty dodgy. The web is pretty much the only way that I see rigs other than Javelins or Talons.

No pics of the rigs, nothing... There isn't much for me to base an opinion on...
--
Arching is overrated - Marlies

generally, I dislike racers... having said that, the other day a jumper came in from Kansas with a brand new racer and it didn't look bad... as much as it pains me to say it.... he positively raved over the customer service and response times... they have made some serious progress in the coverage arenas- velcro is at a minimum, fairly well thought out tuck tabs, still a bit on the weirdly overengineered side, but not bad. I pack them and can make them look good, but as a general rule dislike dealing with them... until recently, I never could figure out what was going through Sherman's mind when he devised this medievel torture device for riggers, until I packed an elite with a round reserve... now I know what he was thinking... it was a joy... prob seems to be that he figured round reserve, square reserve.... whatever, no need to change the way we do things... from what I have heard about the new manager over at jumpshack, I'm really curious to see what is going to happen with the much maligned racer in the coming years.... for that matter after packing a few wings, racers don't seem so bad after all.

reading between the lines here, it sounds like something might be in the works over at jumpshack- god i hope that they go away from the two pin system- having looked at a large variety of rigs, I've always come up with the same question.... why doesn't any manufacturer get it ALL right... by saying this, I mean, every rig out there seems to have something that could be improved with it... everyone sees everyone else's rigs and sees the improvments-- I'm no genius, but it seems to me that given a list of features on a variety of rigs, the ultimate rig could be built, with every feature covered... but noone seems to nail every feature. of course, at 3 am on a saturday night, get a couple of riggers in a loft talking and we ALL just know that we could build the perfect rig where everything is addressed... I'm just wondering when a rig will come out that is so over the top well-designed that nothing will be able to compete with it.... and while I'm waxing philosophic here, what is it with reserves getting more and more difficult to pack... when the guys who design these rigs sit down to draw the plans, don't they ever think about the poor slobs who have to make 10 pounds of poop fit into a 5 pound bag? or perhaps have to figure out how to snug down a pilot chute with an impossibly wiggly spring? I know that the rigger friendly features are not what sells rigs, but jeez guys... i know that the trends are increasingly towards tiny itty bitty rigs, but I'm afraid if we dont' watch it , we'll start seeing mals caused due to overly tight containers... already I've seen certain rigs (the ones that don't seem to understand that the pop top hanging over the sides of the reserve container might be an indicator that maybe you might want to have a smaller pop top for your itty bittiest rigs) that if not packed with the main bag standing up will open into line twists due to the bag catching a bottom corner on the way out during deployment... we've talked about some of the rigs that we see around here and have started to boycott some of them due to packing difficulty, both main and reserve... some of these tiny rigs with mains or reserves 2 or 3 sizes too large for the size of the container are ridiculous... we've ever talked about making a rule this if someone buys a rig without consulting the staff riggers as to proper sizing, they will need to find someone else to pack it. There's one rig in particular that noone on the dz will pack anymore... the reserve is a true nightmare that I can't even describe without having flashbacks.... the main requires a 550 cord pullup with an iron bar cheater to close.... it's a two man operation, one man plants his feet on the rig and does a row using every muscle group in his body to get the closing loop through the grommets and then someone else has to force the pin through.... he's got a 135 in a bag rated for a sub 80 canopy... now he's jumping his second rig, because noone will pack it and he can't get it closed..... just some observations

Yes, what Rob is referring to is a couple of items that we are working on specifically to make packing more rigger friendly. As for the two-pin system, it is hear to stay (at least for now) for reasons that we believe it should. We have always had a TSO for a one-pin system but we have found our present system works better for us. Heck there are a lot of three-pin pilot rigs out there.

As to the "perfect" rig, don't hold your breath since I don't think there will ever be such a thing (at least anytime soon). And who decides what the perfect rig is? The reason is choice and all of the different types of disciplines that require different type of systems. The same reason why there is not a perfect car, boat or plane. I would say that the industry has arrived at the point that okay rigs our no longer competitive in the market place.

As for pack volumes, again it is the manufactures trying to keep up with user demands for smaller rigs. I have even heard one manufacture talk about vacuum packing to squeeze out a few more cubic inches! It makes me wonder sometimes.

Just ordered an Infinity for a customer on Friday and Kelly said it would be in Perris on the 18th of April. B|

Thats me!!!!
And Kelly and Lisa were both unbelievably helpful with everything i asked so thanks guys. Looking forward to seeing my new baby B|
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Yes you can, the only diference between the 1 and 2 pin cypres is the cutter, you can make the adjustment anytime in the field
The trouble with skydiving; If you stink at it and continue to jump, you'll die. If you're good at it and continue to jump, you'll see a lot of friends die...

I've recently heard of a Wings that took 4 weeks.

Most have been last summer or late last year. I tried to order on for a customer with a rush a month or so ago and they didn't want to take the rush. They did in all fairness say it would be ready for him since he is coming from overseas. There estimate on that order is 8 weeks.
Dom