johnny1488

Do you feel wierd about loaning your rig?

I have no issues with my packing. But a friend asked to borrow my packed rig and i got a knot in my stomach. I have packed for this jumper multiple times. And i think i would feel different if i packed the rig knowing it was for him. But i packed it for me.

Is that wierd? I mean the pack job is no different. Why the hesitation to give this person my rig?

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome

Yup.

A friend of mine is headed out to Moab and is looking to grab my rig as a second... but I have a new one coming anyway....

However. my rig is currently packed..... for how long who knows, I told him I"d like him to repack it before he jumps it.

I think it's the whole *if shit happend thing...

you'd never want to wonder, was it my pack job or his body position that caused the 180.....

Now between now and then, I plan to jump, and this pack job is fine, but it's for me. not him.

_justin

loan it recently jumped ( you know it works), and unpacked. you may help him pack it, but let him do it. so no guilty feelings if the "what if" happened. there are a few jumpers i would jump a rig based on there word, but packing for myself is preferable.

Thast whats a bit wierd. This jumper has made 13 jumps i packed for him. It's just this one that got me a bit funny.

Just one of those things i guess.

Johnny
Mike Rome

i jump my rigs and my pack jobs that easy..

only person who packed for me were Tom A,he packed a round which i had no clue about how to pack it..

ego,i know,thats a part of this game..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I've pulled the pack job out of my rig before when loaning it out. I clearly remember the horrified look on my friends face when I took the fully packed rig out of my trunk, yanked the canopy out, stuffed everything into the stash bag, and gave it to another friend.

Either I've loosened up since then, or I've just gotten lazy, because I've let lots of people jump my pack jobs out here in TF (the aforementioned incident was when I lived elsewhere, with a slightly more technical object being their destination), and regularly let my students make repeated jumps on my pack jobs to build currency faster.

I even once packed for some dutch guy who didn't seem to have a clue what he was doing with a borrowed rig. :P
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I even once packed for some dutch guy who didn't seem to have a clue what he was doing with a borrowed rig.

If you're talking about that fool who's first name rhymes with the Dutch word for monkey, you didn't pack for him. You did have to connect his risers though, because he couldn't do it.

Who ever let that guy BASE jump anyway. What a tool.

If you're talking about some other Dutch guy, I can only agree. Nobody should let the Dutch jump.

Canadians, on the other hand... ;)

If you're talking about some other Dutch guy, I can only agree.

I was talking about Faber. You know, during the great Dutch rampage across North America, when Faber, Nikolaj and Peter drove around trying to get Ray Losli thrown in jail, and making Chad drive for 48 hours at a stretch without sleep.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I was talking about Faber. You know, during the great Dutch rampage across North America...

That's a personal attack! I'll let you decide whom is being attacked here; Jaap or Faber.

Speaking of Rampage. Here'a s shot taken by Faber himself during said event. Rampage

To answer the original question, for certain people and certain jumps, I'll hand it over ready to jump.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Do you feel wierd about loaning your rig?
reply]

Yes, it has nothing to do with packing, I just don't loan out my rig. It feels like your giving your GF/wife to some other guy to go have the time of their life.

I won't check it on a plane either, carry on only.

SabreDave

Hey john...

Your packing is fine, and you know that. But you guys aren't out in Idaho anymore. Do you really think he's ready for where ever he's headed....? I hope to allah that you aren't loaning ef your rig for a B w/drew...? I like the guy a lot. but he is very zealous. let who ever is teaching him handle the gear. No way he'd be going out w/13 jumps and an inexpierienced jumper....... right? [:/]

"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
Hunter S. Thompson

It was him but not a b with drew. An A. You know the one.

Johnny
Mike Rome

rampage! looks like a wall i had a 90 left on!??! off an 240 "s"!

a 90* left there is not desirable.
what!?

haven't been on in awhile. out of town and stuff.

delayed answer. yah it was eventful to say the least. i remember saying no, no , no, no and then turning around with about 30 feet to the ground and landing with stowed brakes.

lesson learned: respect the wind! it does funny things to pilot chutes!

later
NPS SUX ASS

the bridgeday 2004 freefall canopy collision was my fox 245 but i wasnt flying it.the borrower paid for the repairs.1 broken breakline+a small hole 2"by3"B|

would I feel weird when loaning my rig....hell yeah!!!! tHAT'S MY BABY! I had one of my friends pack job in my gargoyle....couldn't even sleep at night...the "what if" factor is just way too high. Not even worth it. If you are at the point where you base jump then you alone should pack your canopy!

Joe

"we can either clmib down...or take the 15 second express shuttle" ---- during a snow storm on a 1000 foot antenna