freakquentflyer

is everyone proximity flying these days?

I'll post a video on GAYTUBE....I mean YOU tube and then post a link to my sketchy BASE video...

A youtube search for Jimmy Halliday returns 6 hits.

All of these, are, of course, stunning demonstrations of BASE jumping skill and maturity, which provide a great deal of positive publicity for the sport of BASE jumping. They include such wonderful PR moments as Jimmy laughing at someone who is crying, trash compaction, and wildly unstable exits with pool toys.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

...such wonderful PR moments as Jimmy laughing at someone who is crying...

Not to distract from your overal comment, but are you referring to the scared tandem jumper scene? I couldn't find much wrong with that, and given it won some money on American Funniest Home videos, it seems that quite a few Americans agree that it was funny.

>>..."PROXIMITY" flying...<<

Is an old dog with a new name.

It started with canopy flights like when you followed a guy wire to a landing spot too dark to make out on a moonless Florida night. Then it became "freefalling through the steel" on various bridges like when Dennis M. stood underneath the NRGB in the late 80s pondering the huge iron girders below him. Then Dwain took up the mantle, flying under and around wires like he was born to it - until he was killed trying to shoot through the box on the RGB.

Today, when I hear "proximity flying" I only think of that bicycle crashing down the side of a No Cal tower in broad daylight and the guys who walk around proud of doing that . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

HI,
My name is "feakquentflyer" I'm GAY, and not only that, but I BASE jump too, and not only that, but I have enough money to buy a wingsuit and go someplace and jump off a cliff. And since I would have no idea what to do after jumping off that cliff if I had not watched a video called "superterminal," I'll do this.......

I'll post a video on GAYTUBE....I mean YOU tube and then post a link to my sketchy BASE video on the dorkzone...Everybody will love me.....Especially the guys.

PEOPLE PLEASE.....Don't be gay, and don't encourage people people to be gay.

If somebody posts a video on youtube that would encourage other people to die, don't encourage them.

-jimmy halliday

It sounds to me like you're pissed because someone has better footage than you. There's always a bigger fish, better get used to that.
Coreece: "You sound like some skinheads I know, but your prejudice is with Christians, not niggers..."

HI,
My name is "feakquentflyer" I'm GAY, and not only that, but I BASE jump too, and n.....

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

He or someon posted this same footage over on the the climbing website a few weeks back. i thought it was him.

Anyhow, my impression of the vid:

His flight skills are obviously not as good others we have seen. But he's a pretty damn good athlete so I'm sure that will start to change with more time.

. . .I thought the video was kinda jerky, but shit man the guy has bigger balls than me. Pretty cool if you ask me.

Cheers,

JP

PS. I would be curious to hear what advice other highly skilled wingsuit pilots (not you JimmyH) could offer up about the vid. If it was my video and I was the one flying that suit, I would probably be putting myself in check; some of the sequences definately seem on the verge of being out of control.

Edit to remove the name of the jumper. Please check with the jumper in question before posting his name here. Thanks! TA

Those of you that didn't see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdWWZsceBmk&mode=related&search=

HAVE TO SEE THE LAST 25 seconds

wow...

"..I would probably be putting myself in check; some of the sequences definately seem on the verge of being out of control."

You think? Looks to me like he has full controll there.. B| Maybe not, he could just be a fool trying too be cool..:$ And that suit is SO last year, my god.. [:/]

Yeah I mean. . . .

I certainly don't know what I'm talking about as I'm not a wingsuit BASE jumper. I'm simply comparing it to other video I've seen and it seems to me there are other pilots out there with the ability to fly a little more smooth.

. . .his control inputs seem a little rushed at times. But then again it could be that he's just not as good at filiming as others; ie. maybe he moves his head around just a little too much.

Doesn't really matter. . . . .though; the guy still kicks ass regardless.

I gotta question though: Freakquentflyer and the guy JimmyH filmed are not the same people right?

Hahahaha, that was great.

And the video scared me, I thought they were going to die at the end. But it fortunately had a happy ending.

So is that the same dude?

If so my bad. ;)

Cheers,
JP

First vid says he was flying a V1, the guy in that one is using an S-Fly.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Could you please get a life and quit posting inane shit???? Maybe save up 200 bucks and go make a skydive, or better yet take a trip to Idaho or Utah to actually see the sport for what it is. Your pointless dribble and retarded questions across all forums are enough to make one puke.
GET A FUCKIN LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or better yet......... Go back to your bullshit climbing board and stroke ego's over there.. I'm sure you will be much more appreciated there.
Jay Epstein Ramirez
www.adrenalineexploits.com

I remember the day I first posted regarding this thread.

It was December 6: My sister's (r.i.p.) birthday. I wasn't partucularly in the mood to watch that kind of stuff, and posted my thoughts accordingly.

Here's the latest youtube contribution from the same "flyer."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DcLl9_Cs1k

My thoughts are posted, this time, directly on his video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DcLl9_Cs1k

Ouch. Did the TM know that was going to happen? It seems like the buzz pass is so close to the tandem opening that there's no way to predict it accurately--it could just as well have opened flying into the flight line and resulted in a collision (and potentially triple fatality).

Jimmy, have you talked to Chris about that in person? I'm assuming (from your comment and the fact that it's your home DZ) that someone has?

Chris is a hugely talented athlete, and a super nice guy. It's going to suck for a lot of people if he hurts or kills himself over-reaching like that.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Ouch. Did the TM know that was going to happen? It seems like the buzz pass is so close to the tandem opening that there's no way to predict it accurately

??

It wasn't the TM, it was the other guy in his wingsuit 2-way. Still fucking close though:S
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Ah, ok. I had trouble making it out on this little window on my laptop.

Still, I think that maybe a little "slow down, there" speech is in order.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Why is a skydiving WS jump being discussed in this forum?
Yeah.. It was close.. but if they had both agreed on the flybye previously I do not see the great danger in performing this kind of stunt... It's done all the time on WS jumps. My friends have similar footage; I have similar footage...
Flybye another WS no big deal.. Flybye a TM without previous consent is not in the same book..
Regardless I think this is the wrong place to discuss it.
HISPA 72 ----- "Muff Brother" 3733

Why is a skydiving WS jump being discussed in this forum?

It's an extension of the original discussion about the proximity flying video posted here by the same jumper.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

It wasn't planned. The person opening is someone I jump with fairly regularly. Chris is a good guy. I still agree with Jimmy's comments though.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto