TomAiello

Kjerag BASE Graphic

Our friends at the Stavanger BASE Klubb are looking for help designing a new graphic for use on the Kjerag BASE jumping t-shirts and sweatshirts. Anyone can submit a design, so if you're a graphic designer or not, give it shot.

The design should include Kjerag in some way. Aside from that, get creative and see what you can do to express the spirit of BASE jumping, and jumping in southern Norway, at the world's premiere big wall BASE destination.

The designer of the best graphic will win free jumping registration and free pass for boat and bus rides at Kjerag for a season of their choice, and will get to see their graphic on shirts worn by jumpers from all over the world.

The Stavanger BASE Klubb is the non-profit group of jumpers who organize bus and boat service, instruction, and self-rescue equipment at Kjerag. They also represent all of us when they negotiate with their local authorities to keep jumping accessible for BASE jumpers from around the world. All proceeds from merchandise sales will be used to continue to improve, develop and protect BASE jumping at this amazing site.

Graphics or questions should be submitted to Vibeke Knutson at Vibeke.knutsonATchello.no (with the obvious anti-spam substitution). Graphics must be received by April 1st, 2007, for consideration.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

The designer of the best graphic will win free jumping registration and free pass for boat and bus rides at Kjerag for a season of their choice, and will get to see their graphic on shirts worn by jumpers from all over the world.

No beer?:P

Could give it a try though, sounds like a nice project
The bums will never win Lebowski, the bums will never win!
Enfin j'ai trouvé:
Bieeeen

Can you give me a contactperson and mailaddy for this?! Who looks directly on the graphics?! Vibeke, Stein or Elin? I need more infos to figure out some ideas....

Could you pm me....

regrads, bbc.mirko

That's all well and good with the season pass and all but hows about somewhere to camp out now that Olav and najette have gone totally psycho-billy on us? With all that and a bag of chips I'll be in it to win it. Cheers SBK, see ya next summer.

I made a vector of the shoreline a while ago, here's one of its applications. That shape can carry some notable meaning in the right context.
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

Here's what I have so far.

Some work to do still. I have been in contact with somebody who swims around these waters and he has given awesome feedback.

Yes I know I have stolen Guy's 'EFS' idea but I mailed him and he is cool with it so no plagiarism there.

Suggestions and criticism welcome. Will do the final one for submission soon.

Got more going round my head also and will submit more than just this idea.

poc
Enfin j'ai trouvé:
Bieeeen

;) Nice design buddy!- always looking forward to your drawings.
Keep it up!

To be honest, I’m not really a skull and crossbones guy so this design is kinda out of left field.

What do you think about this one?

Rather...appocalyptic...
All you're missing are, say four horsemen a ouple of plagues and a river/fijord of blood and you've got it.
Brilliant.

I like everything but the reaper. The canopy looks awesome and the background is very original looking and kind of stylish. The kjerag background is the same, original and cool looking. Maybe swap out the reaper for something else, like a popular norwegian base jumper.
I've got this really hardcore group of gaurdian angels that need a free paid vacation.
~Dan Osman

Thank you both for your C&C.

Haha! The recent weather has us pinned in here. I think cabin fever is taking over. :S

This is what I came up with when I finally saw the sun for the first time in a fuckin’ week. :D

What do you think of this one?

Have Fun!
Baz

The wave looks kind of wierd to me. I think I'm too symetricaly inclinded.

And you put an extra "r" in stavanger
I've got this really hardcore group of gaurdian angels that need a free paid vacation.
~Dan Osman

Are you saying you would prefer to see straight line text instead of the wave?

There is obviously only one "r" in Stavanger. Are you suggesting that I made a typo? Taht's impssible! :D

Hi Tom,

The pictures I have of Thor are ones where he is happy and smiling, which is obvously a good thing but it doesn’t flow really well with the reaper. Here’s a rough draft using what I have. If anyone has a shot of him looking straight at the camera with his game face on, that may work better.

Also, I attached a different version with a bit of straight text.

Actually now that the Stavanger is a bit shorter, the wave one looks pretty good. I wasn't thinking straight text though, I was actually thinking the KJERAG half circle thing from the first one might have looked better.
~Dan Osman

5 more weeks to participate this graphic design comp. Graphics must be received by April 1st, 2007, for consideration. Remember to send it to Vibeke at this E-mail: [email protected]
Stay safe
Stein:)

Thanks to all of you who participate this competition. There was many good objects to choose from.
To day we can finally announce the winner of this competition. and the winner is:
Brook Willard, from Orange, California.
The graphic that was chosen can be seen if you click this link: SBK T-shirt
Congratulations to you Brook, you will have a free season pass. Just let us know when you will come visiting us, you are most welcome.

Regards
SBK

Something tells me it'll be a few years before I'm ready to use my pass... but I'm certainly looking forwards to it! :)
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

Awesome!
Looks real good.
Enfin j'ai trouvé:
Bieeeen