bsauer

Conditions at Swiss Valley

who has current informations about the conditions about Swiss Valley. Is there snow on the way to exit points i.e. LM?

I were in LB this last week-end, and it was exceptionnaly sunny.
In fact, during my very short base carreer, I was always used to cold mornings, or dawn, or night, winter, wind...
The presence of sun when walking to YO was a first experience for me :)The small rivers we cross when hiking to YO were almost dry.

Caution : the landing fields are stinking shit, as the land owner did spread the cows-shit in every fields, so my canopy lost its nice new F11 smell...
Nico

I were in LB this last week-end, and it was exceptionnaly sunny.
In fact, during my very short base carreer, I was always used to cold mornings, or dawn, or night, winter, wind...
The presence of sun when walking to YO was a first experience for me :)The small rivers we cross when hiking to YO were almost dry.

Caution : the landing fields are stinking shit, as the land owner did spread the cows-shit in every fields, so my canopy lost its nice new F11 smell...

I recall a Swiss calling this "stinking shit" a "smell of wealth of Switzerland".

Yes, we and we even like the smell of sullage. It means that winter is not to far away.
But at the moment it is really a bit nasty in LB.
2 weeks befor the landing areas have been coverd with cow shit and now they put the sullage on top of the cow shit. It is better to stand up the landings at the moment. And like Nico said, your canopy will smell different, no matter how careful you land.:)
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

Is this a usual thing? is there always a particular time of year that the farmers lay this 'shit' down..? or does it vary...

The time befor the ground freezes is the best time to spread the shit.
During this time there is the highest efficency without having to risk that the shit get's into the ground water or gets washed away.

Every Swiss knows this because we are a nation of cow experts and farming experts... :)
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

Every Swiss knows this because we are a nation of cow experts and farming experts... :)

no shit...