candace

How do you begin....how much

im soooo freak'n interested in BASE jump'nB| ........however, i am sooooooo not able to afford it right now...:( currently, i skydive. in the future, id like to know how any of you actually got started & ur 1st step into BASE jumping....about how much does the rig cost...(not including helmet, goggles...so on)

thanks!:)any info is welcome

im soooo freak'n interested in BASE jump'nB| ........however, i am sooooooo not able to afford it right now...:( currently, i skydive. in the future, id like to know how any of you actually got started & ur 1st step into BASE jumping....about how much does the rig cost...(not including helmet, goggles...so on)

thanks!:)any info is welcome

Your right you will also need helmet, goggles, basejump suit, altimeter, didder.
Track high, Pull LOW!!!

All of my general advice on starting BASE is here.

...about how much does the rig cost...

Quick answer: $1000-$3000, depending on what you get and if it's new.

A list of classified ads with a good selection of used rigs is here.

Price lists for new gear can be found all over the place. Here are some examples:

Apex
Asylum
Morpheus (click on Products--Price List)

There are lots more.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

yeah i forgot both my didder and altimiter recently on a base jump ... felt really wierd not checking altitude during the freefall
blaine

and you still jumped without them!?

You're fuckin crazy. . .

Those who do, can't explain. Those who don't, can't understand.

yeah i forgot both my didder and altimiter recently on a base jump ... felt really wierd not checking altitude during the freefall

How did you know when to pull?
Track high, Pull LOW!!!

You noobs. You do a rock drop a few seconds before you jump and then pitch when the rock impacts.

Edit to add: That's why you make sure not to forget your didder.

My 3rd alarm went off on me the other day from a 300 footer and my body position went to hell when I started tumbling looking for my cutaway, but then I realized I sooo threw my PC as I left the rock and my body position didn't matter because I was already under my canopy. But I bet it looked pretty freakin' coool me twisting around under my canopy lookin for that stinken' handle, checkin my alti every few seconds, trying to pull my goggles off so I could see better, which I didn't even have on.

What a jump that was, eh?

My 3rd alarm went off on me the other day from a 300 footer and my body position went to hell when I started tumbling looking for my cutaway, but then I realized I sooo threw my PC as I left the rock and my body position didn't matter because I was already under my canopy. But I bet it looked pretty freakin' coool me twisting around under my canopy lookin for that stinken' handle, checkin my alti every few seconds, trying to pull my goggles off so I could see better, which I didn't even have on.

What a jump that was, eh?

Tony, maybe you should lay off the pain killers. And send them to me :)
-Ghetto
"The reason death cannot frighten me, is because life has cured me of fear."
Web Design
Cleveland Skydiving

Don't forget a vented Flux capacitor and three boxes of grid squares.

Drive on airborne
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

BLiNC Magazine Team Member

It all depends...gender and good looks are the two most important factors in saving tons of money.

For instance, given the female gender and given the good looks in the same package maggot will teach you for free and possibly even donate one of his rigs to you.

Given male and bad looks, not only maggot will slave you, you will have to buy him drugs, whores, a new rig, carry him and his gear to the object, drive him around, let him fuck your GF/wife and this is even before he'll take you for ground-crew.

So it depends
You know you have a problem when maggot is the voice of reason at the exit points

Don't forget a vented Flux capacitor and three boxes of grid squares.

Drive on airborne

You left out the greased lightning and dehydrated water
-Ghetto
Web Design
Cleveland Skydiving

No shriiger u just said a mouth fit base so the thing is is she is a girl and i am a boy so free is the correct wword but she is not with me so i cant help pouy the situation
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad

No shriiger u just said a mouth fit base so the thing is is she is a girl and i am a boy so free is the correct wword but she is not with me so i cant help pouy the situation

????????????????????

Some help please????????????
Track high, Pull LOW!!!

“No brainer. You just said a mouthful of crap, fornication is cool but she is not with me so I can’t help solve the situation”

hello candace, from your profile i would say you have more than enough experience to call yourself a basejumper at bridge day.
and you can rent the rig.
my hovercraft is full of eels.

how high did you pull... estimate?
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

how high did you pull... estimate?

dude didn't you hear him the first time? he didn't have his altimeter or didder, how could he have known!? He's lucky to be alive, that ground really can sneak up on you....
-Ghetto
Web Design
Cleveland Skydiving

he might have know the height of the wires, lights, trees....
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...