cygnusbase

MOAB Turkey folk

Hey Everybody,

I was just trying to get an idea of who was heading to MOAB in and around thanksgiving time. With no official boogie people will probably be doing their own thing at various sites. However, I may be the only Canadian eh? So I am a lonely Missionary Man. Just trying to get a feel for the different groups going down.

Calvin I think I remember you saying you were setting up the rope again this year.

Tree, I saw that you may be heading with a crew as well. What is your arrival date?

I am arriving into SLC Tues 21at eve driving to MOAB that Nite if anyone is looking for a ride. I still have to get a rental so who knows, maybe I will be hitchhiking.

Does anyone know if Clint will be around. He has not returned my email that basterd!

i mean, is this literaly the 6th post about moab next two weeks?:S

and yeah. the 'rope' thing.

Its called FRASCA. and it is a Profesionaly Built Rope Jump. not a swing.
and it will be set up teusday through thanksgiveing until sunday. anyone with BASE experience, OR climbers who have taken falls and can use a GRI GRI will be allowd to jump. special cases will be considered.

now is that swing of yours have any bungee in it?

It's called the rope thing, haven't you been paying attention?

Those who do, can't explain. Those who don't, can't understand.

If this so called "rope jump" is professional, shouldn't you be getting paid by the people who are using it? I would have people pay to use it. Thats my two cents...
SEND IT!!!
WWMD?

Sorry, my statement of "setting up the rope" was not intended to undermine the Professional Aspects of such an activity. I was there last year and forwarded you the pics for your video and such and by my ignorance i did not remember the acronym by which it is termed.

ANyhoo, I apologize for the repost about Moab. Ultimately, I am doing this trip solo and was just looking to make some connections before I got there so I could jump with some folk, if possible. I have always operated on a buddy system in this activity, especially when accessing remote areas.

I guess I will just show up at some regular spots and see if I have the skills to overcome my lack of acronym abilities for what I may term as the Parachute thingy off of stone.

i know man, i was just being a jackass.

and in no way is it proffesional.

we are not charging to let people jump.

we are asking for a donation from people who can.

FRASCA II (just this system) costs about 8000 USD in gear.

we have spent about 20,000 USD on all the systems it took to get comfortable enough to let our brothers jump it.

seriously, i was just being mean.

a lot of people call it a rope swing, and it kinda is a rope swing.
a lot of russian kids are doing some really weak (comparitively) 'rope jumps' that really are just swings, off of bridges.

So could I be one of those special cases that can jump with no experience, brother? You could even put arrows on the rocks telling me which way to jump. It would be an adventure. (And Coe wouldn't jerry rig a harness for me out of the extra ropes this time).