mostwanted

base-canopy to fit into skydiving container (to skydive it)

No, the Raven IV is only 282 when using Precision's measuring method. The PIA standard doesn't count the stabilizers. The reason the Raven seems to pack a lot smaller is partly because it is smaller if measured using the PIA standard.

Whatta ya know, you're right. PIA is crazy though. We've always called it a 282.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

I know it's confusing as hell.

The Raven III is PIA 240 it's virtually identical to a Mojo 240 in size.

The Raven IV is PIA 266 very close to a Mojo 260.
You know you have a problem when maggot is the voice of reason at the exit points

If there are any CReW dogs around your DZ I'd strongly suggest you talk with them about freepacking, they'll have plenty of knowledge about that.

I'll second that.

I've seen some scary ugly being jumped in the name of CRW. but those rigs aren't taken to freefall!
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

I freepacked my 285 troll into my 170 skydiving container. I had to lenghten the closing loop alot and I did hop and pops, but it worked. I used my 34" pilot chute and 9 foot bridle as well, the openings were a little hard but you can fix that by packing acordingly.

WEAK!

I have a Blackjack 260 with ZP, and a Dagger 222.
I have a Mirage G3 built for a 135'^2 canopy.

I think it is stretching out the container, but its not like i skydive much.
The closeing loop is about 15 cm long.

I use it for wingsuiting, i have gotten booted off a dropzone or three for pulling at 500'.

luckaly i use a Vampire, and use the leg throwout, with that stuffed container the BOC is pressed against my arse.

I guess that explains why a Raven IV seemed kinda fast for a 282.:S
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

When we were getting ready for BD we were putting our BASE canopies in student containers. We were fitting up to a 300ish in them no problem
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

Mostwanted,

I bought a Mirage G3, M8 for this purpose. It packs a Dagger 277 comfortably into the D-Bag. It could go much smaller, probably below a 240 no problem. It could probably take something a little bigger, if needed.

Good Luck
Colm

Mostwanted,

I bought a Mirage G3, M8 for this purpose. It packs a Dagger 277 comfortably into the D-Bag. It could go much smaller, probably below a 240 no problem. It could probably take something a little bigger, if needed.

Good Luck
Colm

An M8 will hold a freepacked MT-1X(370 sf) if you put the last bit of fabric up beside the risers. It will also hold a wet MT-1X, but it looks like a total CReW packjob with all kinds of fabric hanging out.

That was with a mesh slider, the standard MT-1X slider has some absolutely massive steel grommets which might change things.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."