SkyDivinRyan

FJC Did you take one

yeah took one!

it's a good idea. i took the APEX FJC with jimmy and marta learned alot. they're both really cool. they make a really good team and they have a cool dog! i think i drove them a little nutty though.
i've watched TOM A. do one of his in June over the course of a week. he seems pretty heads up as well. i'd listen in on his teachings and learn shit for free. i don't think he cared?

where ever you go to for a FJC. just go to a reputable one. ask around. but most importantly go to one.

later. "have fun and don't die"
NPS SUX ASS

dude if u give 980 aka SG 10'000 DOLLARS HE WILL MAKE U COOL AND A BASE JUMPER and people might actually like u after u learn to base jump from him . no not really no one will like u ever
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad

Nope, No McBase here.....
searched around for a year and a half before I found someone stupid enough to take me under their wing. Then I drove him all over the east coast and bought tons of beer like a good little base newbie. Only problem was we drank most of the beer before we jumped.... doesn't mix well with nerves when you are learning during winter in the NE.
Of course, like a true base jumper, he got himself deported by my 15th jump and left me with one other friend that was learnig with me to figure the rest of it out.

"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
Hunter S. Thompson

hey man... that's just magot..... don't pay atention to him, we don't. you ask all the ?'s you want, as long as they weren't asked before... (search forums) There more shit maggot talks about you the more he likes you..... or he just thinks you have a purty mouth, never can tell.

"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
Hunter S. Thompson

in reply to:
ouch lol just asking a question and you get burned no wonder people dont ask

hey man i gave you a pretty postive response!!

later
NPS SUX ASS

Wow, almost 50/50 at this stage.

I had a mentor. No 1st jump courses here, and even if I had had the $ I would have rather gone for a rigging course in the States.
My mentor stopped jumping after a cliff strike. Pitty because he was an awesome guy to have around on jumps. Coincidently, that cliff strike jump was 980's first jump here. I remember, both Sam and I had about 100 jumps at the time. Now he is somewhere up there with 500 jumps where I can't see him anymore and still being modest about it...
The bums will never win Lebowski, the bums will never win!
Enfin j'ai trouvé:
Bieeeen

McBASE...I've got to remember that.

I read the manual that came with the rig. That's all I needed.
You know you have a problem when maggot is the voice of reason at the exit points

I couldn't take part in the poll. Had no option for me.
I didn't take a FJC. I created one. You youngins ;)
Back in the day, we hiked uphill for 4hrs barefooted through the snow for a go-n-throw.
take care,
space

I couldn't take part in the poll. Had no option for me.
I didn't take a FJC. I created one. You youngins ;)

Same here
NEVER GIVE UP!

I took a FJC in May - 7 day Death Camp with Tom Aiello. It was great, I learned a lot, and would recommend it to anyone.

There is something to be said for people getting in to BASE the more traditional way, read learning things the hard way.

I think that it is a little too easy to get into BASE these days. You can just buy a rig, pay for a course, and presto you're a BASE jumper. I think that this a move in the wrong direction. More emphasis has to be placed on spend the time, doing the ground crew work, opening new objects, that sort of thing.

I feel I have been lacking in those areas, and that is what I need to focus on, at least a little.
Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid,
the vast limits of their knowledge. - Mark Twain

I met a base jumper once. I had a chance to take a look at his gear and thought it was pretty interesting. I wanted to learn more so I built my self a rig from memory. I did get some one to help me pack it the first time. Does that count? After that I was on my own. I was out jumping A's all over the place. I'm trying to remember but I think the first time I ever had some one to jump with me was a guy I took for his first base jump.

Lee
Lee
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com

I didn't even see a BASE rig until I had BAS. I finally got one 18 years later for my own E.

Wasn't any such thing as a course. We were all kinda muddling along making best guesses on how the hell Phil Smith could have possibly made 100 jumps and lived to tell about it.

I went through several stages of buying gear and seeking out mentors, then chickening out. I bought my first rig in 2002, yet didnt do my first jump till BD 04. (different canopy, same container). As a 700+ jump skydiver, a 600+ hour CFII, an Eagle Scout and a High Adventure C.O.P.E. leader in the BSA, and an overwhelming desire not to kill myself.

I had/have a advisor. Most of my jumps are regular and generally not that technical. My advisor helped me learn to pack, other minor rigging type issues, and other little tricks and insight. He has a light guidance, but certainly not a "I am teacher, you are grasshopper" way of doing things. I believe he has confidence in me not only to make the correct decisions, but also to fix the wrong ones as they are happening.

I feel as if I am learning BASE with an older brother who does look out for you, yet doesnt give you all the answers. Makes me think about everything, and lets me make the call.

For me it is/was perfect. exactly what I wanted.

(he has 500+ BASE jumps, and a rigger who actually helped make base rigs)

(thank you T)

nic