outrager

Boogie at ITW ???

Yo!

I overheard some friends talking about organizing a big boogie at ITW, advertizing it on a national base forum and shooting for a 30+ big way record jump. I have already stated my opinion on that, but they would like to hear more local voices. Please comment.

bsbd!

Yuri.

Why? Isn't Norway a better place for this? Isn't the ITW too fragile of a site to put it in jeopardy? The ITW does not allow a huge amount of vertical separation to make this a nondeadly success.
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

Sounds like a bad idea...

BASE & boogies.
we have lots of bad history.

to many jumpers get amped and jump beyond their abilities, all for that "look at me video." :(
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

ok I know this my seem like a stupid question? But what the hell is the ITW everyone is alway's talking about
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad

It's the Italian Terminal Wall. It's very tall and overhung. A typical delay is 10 seconds and there is a several minute canopy ride straight to a field across from a bar. It's one of the easiest big walls to get to. Outrager's avatar I believe is from ITW.

no shit thanks 460 I was expecting a smart ass answer but i guess when im asking the ? thers no to give asmart ass answer un less i call my self an idiot maggot u are a fucking iodiot u should have known that ok i feel better now
TOSS MY SALAD

This might help you Chirs...
You know you have a problem when maggot is the voice of reason at the exit points

I think that it may be possible with experts for all positions in all positions and with ITW.

But the guys (Gods) that are needed are not for it.

For a great reason. It is one of the sweetest/politcally delicate cliffs in Yurp. IIRC only 6 fatalities and there were 30+ rescues. I was there with members of the ITA to confront the prohibition of jumping there after the first fatality. It is legal again to jump there now because of the work that we did.
The way to go about this is to speak with the "locals" that are most experienced with the wall.
I live 4hrs away as do another 150 jumpers (8hrs) and have around 60 jumps from this site and feel not comfortable with this idea.
Think.
take care,
space

have u ever done a tard over off the wall and how the hell do u die off a big wall unless u are doing sick arials
TOSS MY SALAD

I note some reservation in your question Yuri.

My opinion for what it is worth.

It is possible . . . . . . . BUT . . . . .

You need to absolutely have every slot filled by the right people. A jump like this would demand that the organisers remove all niceties and cap anyone that they have even the slightest reservation with. If someone says they will do five seconds and they do 6, they are not appropriate for the jump.

I think it will be extremely difficult to get 30 of the right people together at the same time to do the jump.

Given the topography of the wall and freefallable component thereof, The timings of exits, delays, deployments, etc need to be perfect.

I think it far more appropriate to attempt something like that off one of the Norgie walls (i.e. LP7 at Kjerag).

The other key factor is local involvement (local meaning Italians or people who very regularly jump the wall).

Stay Safe
Have Fun
Good Luck
Stay Safe - Have Fun - Good Luck

The above could be crap, thought provoking, useful, or . . But not personal. You decide.

30-way with grips? Everything else is for pussies. ;)

Seriously: I don't like it. And I wouldn't participate. It's not exactly my idea of basejumping anyhow.
Like mentionend before, for those who do like the idea, there's better places for it, like Kjerag. Not only for topology of the wall, but also for topology of the exit (read: space/room).

Yo!

I'm afraid the guys are still not getting it... so please feel free to comment on details (posted on the russian forum):

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Base Boogie
April 2 through 7, 2007
Arco, Italy

Goal: to boogie in a good place, in a good company. Planning to set a national big way record, possible a world record if more than 29 experienced people are present.

Organizers:

Valery Rozov - project director
Alex Rubinshtein - instructor
Stas Umnov - instructor
Igor Anisenko - LZ
Victor Ilyin - secretary

Boogie plan: jumping from an overhanging 1150m cliff, tracking and wingsuits. April 2..6: training jumps. 7..8: record jumps.

Record jumpers registration:

1. Entry fee $100
2. Insurance
3. Radio

Applications and money must be submitted by March 10 to Victor Ilyin, [email protected],òåë. 8(495)*728*03*20

Record jumpers requirements: 50 slider-up jumps, 20 jumps last year.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

bsbd!

Yuri.

This has bad news written all over it..........

I was planning on visiting later in 2007...hope it is still open.[:/]

The topography, wind, and sensitivity are all wrong for a 30+ way. Not to mention the min requirements are way too low for this object.
Can't they try this in Kazakhstan!

Respect to all but:
This has to be canceled!
ITW is not the wall for it nor the political moment is right.
If one rescue or one fatality happen during this we all might forget the ITW. Te other place near by, ISW is closed (probably forever) why to risk ITW for such pointless record?!

Technically and ethically , ITW is not the place for such event.
Please do not ruin Italian BASE association hospitality!

I am 100% against it
Robert Pecnik
[email protected]
www.phoenix-fly.com

$3,000+ for jumping a legal cliff.... mmmm, bet there is no trouble there breaking even with organisational fees.

What exactly does the "entry fee" get you? Any of that going to the heli rescue people? or just someones pocket?

This has wrong seeping out of every pore....

Hello there!!!!!
Am I reading wrong or right:

> Base Boogie
>April 2 through 7, 2007
>Arco, Italy

> Goal: to boogie in a good place, in a good company. Planning to set a national big way record, possible a world record if more than 29 experienced people are present.

> Organizers:

> Valery Rozov - project director
> Alex Rubinshtein - instructor
> Stas Umnov - instructor
> Igor Anisenko - LZ
> Victor Ilyin - secretary

> Boogie plan: jumping from an overhanging 1150m cliff, tracking and wingsuits. April 2..6: training jumps. 7..8: record jumps.

Am I reading right that a group of Russian BASE jumpers is organizing a boogie aiming to a 30 way record at OUR site?!?!?!?
Did they ever talk to us? Did they ever talk to us about political situation with local authorities?
We (=IBA (=Italian BASE Association)) are coping quite well with local authorities, for example, WE got an official permit to install the sensor part of the meteo station in the landing area; such a permit has been granted to IBA!!!!!
But the "balance" is jolly delicate. If something would go wrong in such a boogie (and I am talking only about heli rescue...), they could send all of us to gently f u c k off.
Now, to manage a boogie aiming to a 30 way record is looking for trouble.
I am going to talk to #726 and the other folks about that "boogie", but I guess what their answer will be.
Stay tuned.
Stay safe out there
Blue Skies and Soft Walls
BASE #689 - base_689AT_NO_123_SPAMyahoo.com

This has wrong seeping out of every pore....

This would supposedly go towards climbing equipment etc.

But Valera does regularily charge considerable money to bring russian skydivers to ITW and other cliffs. There have been private concerns about it already.

bsbd!

Yuri.

> $3,000+ for jumping a legal cliff.... mmmm, bet there is no trouble there breaking even with organisational fees
————————————————————————————
Uhhmmm, I do not really know if advertising such a fee is legal for an event taking place in Italy, where Italian Law apply...

I am wondering what is going to happen when my mates and I will meet with them at exit point for jumping (we would NOT partecipate to the record, nonetheless we would be jumping on our own), is he going to ask us money for jumping OUR wall the same day of their "attempt" of record? Really strange...

> Any of that going to the heli rescue people?
————————————————————————————
The heli rescue is arranged and run by local authorities. I do NOT think it is possible to get another heli rescue to be there coming from "outside".
To have a heli flying above 1000 m asl there must be SPECIAL permit.
Uhhmmm, doesn't sound so good this stuff...
Stay safe out there
Blue Skies and Soft Walls
BASE #689 - base_689AT_NO_123_SPAMyahoo.com

Those requirements are nuts. And the fee is crazy too. I will be at the top with a gun shooting organizers if they try to pull this crap.

...I am going to talk to #726 and the other folks about that "boogie", but I guess what their answer will be.
Stay tuned.

The worst thing possible to do to keep legal OUR place is to organize such boogie! >:(
Totally against the BASE spirit and ethic!

3,2,1,C-YA!!!
V.
BASE #1075 / BMI #I-002 / PFI #042 / EGI #104

I've been to three helicopter boogies at ITW since 1999 and unfortunately witnessed the first fatality there in 2000. We did a record 10-way there in 2000, which was broken a few years later. The risk of a 30-way is too great.
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only