tr027

Switching Configurations

Out of curiosity more than practicality... How many times are you comfortable changing pack configurations and reclosing before a complete fresh pack is required?
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

If reconfiguring ends up happening over and over and over and over and over and over and over ...... and over and over and over and over and over again... it might piss my off and being pissed isn't comfortable.

Besides that, it doesn't matter.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

You forgot the option: "I don't feel comfortable doing it at all and repack every time"
....... Unless I misunderstood the question.
The bums will never win Lebowski, the bums will never win!
Enfin j'ai trouvé:
Bieeeen

For me it's a matter or direction. I'll take a SD rig and pull it up to go to a terminal jump. If I don't end up getting a terminal jump, I'll repack rather than just pulling the slider back down.
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

SD= SLIDER DOWN

....."errrr I'll have 2 of whatever he's having..." ;)
Later
Blair

I think some of it depends on the object too. While at Bridge Day, I've taken my SU pack job and pulled the slider down, expecting to jump another object in the area. Then when the winds weren't right, I put the slider back up in prep. for jumping on Saturday. But Bridge Day is one of the few objects where heading performance wasn't crucial to me.

Had it been a different object, I would have repacked when putting the slider back up. I ususally don't sweat going from SU to SD without repacking. But going the other way, I would repack.

Later,
BASE864

Definitely depends on the object. If I'm comfortable with a possible off-heading, this is a short list of objects, I'd do it. But, I'm also a slider off or slider up kind of guy. I don't do slider down jumps.

Yep - I'd just as soon be slider off instead of slider down too. Removing the slider definately calls for a repack.

If the location dictates slider down, then I'll remove it. If the location has variable objects - like Bridge Day or the potatoe bridge, then I'll leave it on and move it up or down.

Later,
BASE864