pocbase

BASE Fatalities List

Since I was cluttering another thread, I decided to create another.

Do you think it is a good thing, a bad thing or a totally irrelevant thing to get people who want to get into our sport to first read the BASE Fatalities List.

I personnally think it is a good thing because people coming into BASE have some parachuting knowledge. Then again I am still new.

I would like some opinions on the subject

Thanks

poc
The bums will never win Lebowski, the bums will never win!
Enfin j'ai trouvé:
Bieeeen

I consider the list mandatory reading for anyone who's thinking about getting into BASE. With so many videos out there which make BASE look really cool, I think it's important to provide some balance by showing what can (and frequently does) go wrong.

For more experienced jumpers, I think the list is equally valuable as a reminder of how easily we can get into a situation from which we cannot recover. Almost certainly, most of the jumpers on the list thought things were going to go just great prior to their fatal jump.

Michael

From another thread:

Telling them to read the list is'nt really about instruction. It's part of a reality check they need make in there decision to get involved in base.

Lee

Maybe I should have worded the poll otherwise.
While I agree that it is a reality check, I still do think than in reading you are learning what mistakes were made. Without trying to sound sarcastic, that would then make it about instruction wouldn't it?
Enfin j'ai trouvé:
Bieeeen

It is a part of the picture. That is the other side of the cutting edge. If you can stand it what are you looking for here?

I don't understand what you're asking
Enfin j'ai trouvé:
Bieeeen

i think the Fatality list is very good for jumpers, new or old school. but i think that the public see it in a different way, the news, wuffos, they look at it like almost a declaration of our 'extremeness'.

but i dont really give a damn what the wuffos think. BASE is hopeless, in all ways and all approaches. that is one of the reasons i like it so much.

What list what are u talking about nobdy ever dies BASE jumping the worst thing that could happen is u twist an ankle running from the cops. the whole death thing is just a myth like unicorns
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad