ArmitageShanks

moab / potato bridge in january

generally speaking, how's the jumping in moab and at the potato bridge during the first week of january? does the weather close these locations out?

TF is cold, but the winds aren't likely to be too bad. Last year I think we had mostly good conditions and temperatures hovering around freezing, or just below. I've got a FJC scheduled at approximately that time, so it's likely you'll see me out jumping while you're here.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Moab is /can be cold, but beautiful as always, but in terms of Wx too! Bring light snow gear.
pope

What about during February/March in Twin Falls? Any better or worse?

I did my first at TF in March. It was snowing with a light breeze. I was wearing a hoodie with a jacket over it.

Two days later, I was wearing a Tshirt and putting on sun block. (my avatar shot)

It's all good!

That hoodie came in handy to hold your cell phone, didn't it? :D
"Fuck that. I'll take a good ass-pounding over a bj any day." -- pyrotech

i was in twin falls for the first time last december. It was cold and windy, but if you can suck it up it just adds to the adventure :P

Dress warmly though, and don't pack in the snow B|

Haha! Yeah, lucky it rang when it did or it would have been in the river. Timing is everything.

One thing to consider. Climbing out is not a very good idea during the winter. The cliff face is covered in ice and slipping off would really suck. Hiking out is the best option and checking out the frozen waterfalls in the winter is awesome. B|

Bryan

One thing to consider. Climbing out is not a very good idea during the winter. The cliff face is covered in ice and slipping off would really suck. Hiking out is the best option and checking out the frozen waterfalls in the winter is awesome. B|

Bryan

How long, in terms of minutes, is the hike out?

/Micke
Team Bautasten

I've only been there once, a while ago. I haven't done the climb out, but the hike to the bend in the road just above the park takes around 15-20 minutes at an easy pace if I remember correctly, and it's mostly level. I had a friend drive the car there to pick us up and take us back to the top.

If the boat is running, it's quicker and you get to ride back to the park.