Chizazz

What kind of jumpsuit do you recommend??

Well I personally reckomend, mine.:)Freefly suit and pants made with an RMW suit and pants as template.
The seamstress at work, made my freefly suit and pants for the cost of all materials. $70.)) AUD ($52.00USD).
Good solid construction my colours and design, and a damned good price :D:D:D
Failing that RMW makes very good skydiving clothing.
Check them out http://www.rmwjumpsuits.com/:)Michelle does really good work (that's why I copeied her gear);)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

buy a matter suit I have had 7 custom made jumpsuits I work in skydiving and can really put a suit through some abuse tony suits & firefly suits fall apart, flite suit is ok if they get your measurements right just spend the $ get a matter suit and it will last you for ever exact fit down to the millimeter quick service i had my suit in 2-3 weeks and the suit rocks check them out at matterckothing.com

To summarize what you're going to read in this thread - Whatever suit I jump is the best one there is.

I've owned a Tony Suit (RW), 2 Firefly suits (1 freefly and 1 RW) and 2 Flite Suits. The Tony was my first suit; I put 500-ish jumps on it, other than having to have the knees patched (my bad landings) the only other thing I had to have done was replace the zipper once. It never did fit quite right though. My Firefly suits are the bomb; my freefly suit was custom and was a perfect fit when it arrived. My RW suit was built for someone else so it didn't fit quite right but I got a good deal on it. Too bad they don't make the RW suit anymore, I'd order a custom one in a heartbeat. That suit was incredibly overbuilt, I could have easily gotten 1000 or more jumps out of it. My Flite Suits are both well built and both fit me perfectly when they arrived.

I think every suit manufacturer does a good job. Name any manufacturer and I guarantee you can find people who will say they suck and others who will say they are the bomb. Decide based on which manufacturer's suits you like the look of, which you can afford, who has the fastest delivery... whatever your priorities are. Not a bad idea to buy whatever manufacturer's suits are most popular at your home dz.

Is there someone on your dz that is a dealer for one or more jumpsuit manufacturers? I recommend going through a local dealer for a custom suit (RW or freefly) if there's one in your area. A dealer should have fabric samples and order forms, should know the correct way to measure for each manufacturer/suit and should be able to advise you on which suit model will work best for your fall rate. They also should be there to help if there's a problem with your suit when it arrives (ie doesn't fit right)

I ordered my Proconcept FF Suit 2 weeks ago and it arrived in just 10 days! Fit me like a just glove and really look good. It ROCKS!

Being involved in this venture might make me a bit biased, but I agree. makes me look good, and is built tough!

usually people's favorite jumpsuit company is whatever they are jumping right now.

True! Guilty as charged, and I've been seen saying good things about other manufacturers. But I only support those I believe in, not just ones who offer gear for free...
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

To summarize what you're going to read in this thread - Whatever suit I jump is the best one there is. (skybytch)

She's right on the money with her estimation. I'll throw in my two cents . . .

I am a Michigan suit fan. I have been very happy with the fit and the quality.

There are a lot of great jumpsuit manufacturers out there.
Arrive Safely

John

Allow me to break the mold.

My DZ is affilated with Merlin suits, and they push them hard. I've often complained about them being extremely slow, they took nearly four monthes to make my camera suit.

I've also got a Merlin freefly suit, and its falling apart. Literally. Really quite disapointing...

I've got a new Tony Suit on order. It should be here in a week, less then 6 weeks after I ordered it.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

I really recommend you go to a large boogie like WFFC and talk to the different manufacturers there. Figure out who you like and who you think will give you the best service, delivery time, etc. You will get a good suit from most of them. The trick at WFFC is to order your suit in the first few days of the convention - you will get it much faster. If you wait until the end, it will probably take a month or two to get it.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Have to say Tony Suits, just got a Tony Freefly suit and it flys real good, also seen a friends with over 1000 jumps on it in really good condition.

Also I have never known customer service like it, they can't do enough for you, they pulled out all the stops to complete my rush order before I went back to England, and when I went to pick it up Tony even came down and jumped with me

Yep, what they all said, everybody likes different stuff. I personally have owned Michigan, Tony, Air Affair and Bev Suits and have been quite happy with them all. With that said, my Bev suits (RW and FF) are my favorites.

Blues,
Nathan
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.