grundleson

pilots license, not really base related. sorry!

I believe you can find the answer to your question at www.faa.gov
Browse the regulations especially parts 61.13 thru 61.16

alright while we're on the bragging subject on how high out BAC was. i blew a .287 . so cheers to that.

haha.
now i dont go within 50 yards of my car if i've had a beer!
so. this thread turned into something funnier than i had imagined.

i dont know if i want to fly for an airline, but hey, skydivers might let me fly them around; they have parachutes!!!!

skydivers are retarded. so that might work.

but any pilot would know that any problem a drunk pilot might cause for a flight, would not be helped AT ALL by a parachute. period.

How about basejumping under the influence or just flying your canopy without jumping from a plane. Could you get arrested ? Bike, boat, canopy?
Track high, Pull LOW!!!

How about basejumping under the influence or just flying your canopy without jumping from a plane.

I don't know why some people insist on jumping after drinking a bunch of alcohol. In a previous life I worked as a ski patroller for 4 years and there were two times in the day when we had to deal with abnormally high accident calls. One is at the end of the day when people become tired. The other time was right after lunch when the people came out of the bar after consuming a bunch of alcohol.

I'm not anti-alcohol as I occasionally consume it myself (sometime I consume too much in one sitting). But I do know that alcohol inhibits our ability to react and the BASE environment is not the place to have slow reactions.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I too got a BUI in 6-foot rubber dingy in San Diego Bay. It was few nights after the NY 9/11 attacks and four of us were just floating along trying to make sense of the events. I had to take an "online" safe boater course, pay a hefty fine, and that was about it. But what really pissed me off is it was about the fourth or fifth time in my life a cop pointed a gun at me.

I know they deal with assholes all the time and the job is very dangerous, but I grew up learning you don't point a weapon at someone unless you intend to smoke them.

NickD :)BASE 194

I got a ticket once for riding my Jet Ski in a no wake zone... I thought it was ridiculus since I was going as slow as possible. However you guys with the BUI's have me beat by a mile. Damn cops I guess they really did get picked on too much in high school.... About 99% of boaters out on the water on a hot summer day have booze on board!

I was DDing once at a birthday party that my friend's mom threw her. She had rented out a banquet hall. Well I mixed up the swamp water so I had drank a shot or two in getting the mixture right. The cops rolled up and busted us since we were all in high school at teh time. They nailed my GF at the time for an underage consupmtion. They gave me a breathilizer and I blew a 0.001. I said see, I told you I wasn't drinking! Next time you should open your ears. I was driving away from the party at the time and they were hoping to give me a DUI the one cop said to the other. I over heard them stratergizing on what they were going to do to us. All and all they only busted 3-4 kids that night and there was probably 50 of us there at the party. My GF was 18 so she only got an underage consumption and no probabation, only a fine Serves them right! Damn PIGS!

DBR

I don't know why some people insist on jumping after drinking a bunch of alcohol. \

Probably the same reason I insist on driving after drinking... I am a cocky inconsiderate asshole when I am drunk. But i'm always up till sunrise and it is just to convienent not to take advantage of the breaking dawn and my willing drunken friends turned ground crew.

"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
Hunter S. Thompson

Yes you can still get a pilots license with a DUI, But it has to be 1 year since the conviction.

If you get a DUI while you hold a pilots license it too will be revoked for 1 year.
SONIC BEEF #1 BASE 708, NC BASE 3
SLI,IADI,AFFI.TIE.FAA Rigger, Single & Multi Commercial Pilot,CFI, CFII, MEI

I beg to differ on the one year revocation of a pilots license with a DUI. I recieved a DUI after two prior impaireds. The legal dept. at the FAA suspended my pilots license for 90 days. In addition he basically let me choose the dates. I told him I would be in jail for 90 days so he started the revocation on the date I was to show up at jail.

The medical side is harder though. I had my medical revoked until I could prove two years of sobriety. Pretty much just a letter from my mother and my boss.

Im just going by what it says in the regs, I have no experiance in the DWI world.
I have heard alot of stories over the years Your case is pretty rare!
SONIC BEEF #1 BASE 708, NC BASE 3
SLI,IADI,AFFI.TIE.FAA Rigger, Single & Multi Commercial Pilot,CFI, CFII, MEI

the check airmen go by the books.

when i fly, i try to avoid the books at all possibilities.

if all the rules were followed, we would never leave the ground.

Oregon will charge you with DUI and you don't even have to be behind the wheel of a vehicle.
The only thing you need is "car keys" in your physical possession. (in purse or pocket) You will be arrested then processed and feed the system (the courts and Lawyers) for an average of 5,000 usd just for the possibility of 'Intent'. Which means they 'think' you might be going to drive in the future.
In Oregon people have been charged with DUI for sleeping near or inside a vehicle with the keys for operation not even in the ignition but under the seat.
My brother sat on Jury Duty for a man charged with DUI who was found walking from a bar several miles back to his vehicle to meet a Tow Truck. From his broken-down vehicle. He walked down the hiway to the establishment to call for a Tow Truck and while waiting had 2 beers. His vehicle would Not even Start with the keys but he had the car keys in his possession.

Ah crap, and I just moved out here last week! Bad news for sure B|