SullyFlyer

Iowa Skydivers Drunk and Rude @ Twin Falls Outback

but the facts being revealed might mean the difference to someone else.

I don't see why. The lesson that you keep track of all your tools is valid whether it was part of this 'specific' fatality or not. And that lesson has been stated a few times.

Blue skies to an old friend - BSBD buddy

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

"And that lesson has been stated a few times."

Apparently it needs to be stated a few more times if this is the cause of this death.

how about we talk about the fatality in that thread and let this thread die since it has been beat to death and nothing is gonna change what happened. Also there will be more jumpers coming to TF and some will and some won't offend the locals all we can do is try to be less offensive to those communities that allow us to use there site. I love TF for letting us jump the bridge but not necessarily the locals.
Westside is the best side!

Hi Shelly,

I have also refrained from posting due to the emotions people have about this, but frankly, to answer your question "Who the fuck cares?"; I do.
I live here in Twin and I bought a business when we moved here this July. Whenever anything BASE related happens, I get questions about it from my accountant, banker, other banker, insurance guy, marketing guy, dozens of vendors, lawyer, you name it, they all ask. Its bad enough to have to explain what happend and why every time there is an incident to dozens of people. It is far worse if these friends & business associates hear from other business owners (it is a VERY small community) that base jumpers are disruptive assholes. They don't care (and why should they) why people are being assholes, they just want to have their business and other patrons respected as they should be. I think they deserve that respect from everyone, and especially from jumpers travelling to TF.

There is no excuse for behaving in a negative way towards these people for any reason. When and how reports of disruptive behavior are distributed to try to head off further issues can be controlled by simply not causing the problem in the first place. as mentioned there are plenty of other places and other ways to blow off steam. Bill was simply reporting the "news" of what had happened (again) at a very popular, base friendly establishment that we would like to continue to be welcomed at.

I wasn't very clear with my "who the fuck cares". I was actually referring to the person who pointed out that this post wasn't made five hours after Joe's death, but the morning after. I have just been getting progressively more upset since this post began.

I'm not going to get into a debate again about this because I feel like everything has been covered extensively and does not need repeated. But I wanted to point out that I do care about the base site and about it being available for future usage by jumpers. Although I am not a base jumper, or even an experienced skydiver I do understand and I do care.

Now let's let the subject end please!

I think the subject will end when people start to conduct themselves in a mature manner at the local establishments.

I think the subject will end when people start to conduct themselves in a mature manner at the local establishments.

the truth if some one does not like the way u are behaveing in a bar they should just throw u out shit i get thrown out of bars all the time and i does not stop me from being an ashole its my right as an ameriacan to be an asshole and if u want to piss off the guy or girl serving u food and drinks then go for it but they just might take a shit in your meatlof
and by the way how would the people at the outback know your a base jumper anyway unless u where your im a base jumpershirt look at me
but i only jump legal bridges because im a pussy
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad

Tree is absolutely correct.

I’ve planted more friends than some have had hot meals - and I am not the Lone Ranger in that respect on here.

When I go in, everyone do me the favor of cowboying the fuck up over it. Then go do a night flik.

Then drink lots of Patron. And get nekkid. (NOT in a local public establishment por favor)

Blondie's TF girlfriends will fill in the gaps for ya since it's a male-heavy sport.

Shelly, secure the chow hole.

That is all.
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

BLiNC Magazine Team Member

No wonder why everytime I order meat loaft with you it always tastes like shit!
You know you have a problem when maggot is the voice of reason at the exit points

Did anyone have a chance (jumpers, family, friends or police) to check the deceased pockets.

Yes. The sheriff did so, and the coroner cataloged all items found with the deceased. A pull up cord was not found.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

the problem is SKYDIVER'S leaving there DZ.
GO back to the DZ and leave the BASE jumping up to us that know how. if you want to learn how then sell your SKYDIVING rig and buy two or three BASE rigs. travel and meet real BASE jumpers. Here is a hint we won't be a the outback. people die BASE jumping get over it. Your EFS toast was dissrespectful to the jumper that was BASE JUMPING your idiots. buy the way find a new mentor one that knows what he is doing.:)

have a gowaylow day
Have a GoWayLow day
Naked BASE #7

I highly doubt that if I had just watched my dear friend whom I love as a brother, fight for his life, jump into the river to try and save him, and learn that he didn't make it...I highly doubt I would be thinking very clearly at all. When it came time of realizing I needed to eat and a drink sounds really freakin' good right now, my mind would say "I'm hungry. Oh look there's Outback."

Your comments give the perception that you have become very desensitized to death. If it's BASE jumping that has caused that, maybe you should consider taking a step back for a bit. I do hope you evaluate yourself some in that area.

Look...
I realize as well as anyone how traumatic losing a friend this way can be. I offer you my most sincere condolences and wish you and all the Iowa friends and family well in [your] recovery.

Consider this a word to the wise;
BASE jumping has seen a lot of people join its ranks over the last 5-10 years.
WE ALL NEED TO REALIZE THAT DYING AS A DIRECT RESULT OF BASE JUMPING IS INEVITABLE IF YOU CONTINUE TO BASE JUMP![see attachments]

You will die. Your friends will die. It's often gruesome and horriffic. It's almost always much more than difficult for the families of the fallen. These deaths will leave PERMANENT scars on most of us. Yet most of us continue to jump. If you jump thinking it won't happen to you, then you're a fucking idiot. If you choose to not jump your mates will stand by your decision and respect you that much more. So yes, Stacie, I also hope that we all evaluate (or continue to evaluate) ourselves in that area. But as for desensitizing ourselves to death--why the hell not? BASE jumpers (generally) deal with death differently than most people--they HAVE to be able to think clearly. That's a fact of life that YOU (and anyone else that is bothered by the "timing") need to deal with--particularly when visiting a BASE forum. If you can't handle that, I suggest that you stay in the happy, flowery, "everything's gonna be alright" forum.

Stacie, you said in a later post that there are two things we have control over-what we say and what we do. These guys should have controlled what they said and did, and it's important not to point out that it was Iowans (?) that did it, but that this shite can't happen in TF, because the site is more important than anyone's drunken expressions of grief. Timing has NOTHING to do with it.

On a personal side note; I know I haven't been skydiving very long, but what is this "EFS" crap and why would one toast a BASE jumper with it anyway? To any friends I might have left--If/when I go in, please don't do this EFS thing for me!

pope

Can someone name 3, 4 and 5 please.

Edit to Add: Nevermind, I found them on the list. I had a feeling the black and white was Carl.

I agree a different venue should have been chosen, or maybe permission asked to EFS

Ask whose permission? The owner of the establishment, or every customer including parents with children that you would offend.

is there a Skydiver/BASE restaurant close to the bridge so that jumpers can burn off their adrenaline?

A Skydiver/BASE restaurant?

How about leaving your adrenaline inside your stash bag before heading out to a restaurant that everyone else likes to go to...;)

Note: only replying to the last post...

Please explain to a European what this EFS is.
I found out in this thread that it means Eat Fuck Skydive.
But I don't get how it's done. Do you shout EFS when you toast or do you actually try to do it and pretend to fuck and skydive while eating?
And do you have to make funny faces while doing it? And is there a special EFS handshake?
And why is there no EFBASE thing?
Please explain.
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

I agree a different venue should have been chosen, or maybe permission asked to EFS

Ask whose permission? The owner of the establishment, or every customer including parents with children that you would offend.

is there a Skydiver/BASE restaurant close to the bridge so that jumpers can burn off their adrenaline?

A Skydiver/BASE restaurant?

How about leaving your adrenaline inside your stash bag before heading out to a restaurant that everyone else likes to go to...;)

How about leaving skydiving out of BASE... I dont know ANY BASE jumpers that would have done this EFS bulshit.. keep that stuff at the Dropzone and far away from BASE...

This to me is reflective of the people now in the sport... too many with a skydiving mentality...

But I don't get how it's done. Do you shout EFS when you toast or do you actually try to do it and pretend to fuck and skydive while eating?
And do you have to make funny faces while doing it? And is there a special EFS handshake?
Please explain.

It's a toast/ tradition/ group bonding thing.:)
One person yells: What Do We Like To DO?
Everyone in the know responds: Eat! Fuck! Skydive!

EFS can happen anywhere from a loaded Otter on a hot summer day to..... anywhere a group of skydivers congregate.B|
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

Please explain.

HA HA!!! Priceless Mikki!! :ph34r:

/Micke
Team Bautasten

How are you Micke?
I uploaded something to skydiving movies:

ZüriBASE

You play a guest role there...

Greetings from Switzerland
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

Thank you pope-it was worth reading thru the chaff to read your post. a dose of reality is needed for a lot of folk.....and life is a terminal condition.....

To any friends I might have left--If/when I go in, please don't do this EFS thing for me!

Agreed, same to me.

On a personal side note; I know I haven't been skydiving very long, but what is this "EFS" crap

I was asking myself the same thing the other day.

To any friends I might have left--If/when I go in, please don't do this EFS thing for me!

That will depend dude. If you go in on a BASE jump well it will be out of the question. But if you go in skydiving well we might just have to do it to haunt your spirit. :ph34r:

This friend misses CO. But what can you do?

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

This friend misses CO. But what can you do?

Oh, I dunno...move back??;)

You're such a fag.;) Jess also wants to know when our goddam reception video's gonna be ready.
PS. It's 6' and light offshore right now. How's the surf in Boulder??? Surf's up Ace.

PS. It's 6' and light offshore right now.

another two or three feet and it would be overhead, eh?

How's the surf in Boulder?

Umm...it sucks, fuck you very much.
pope