SullyFlyer

Iowa Skydivers Drunk and Rude @ Twin Falls Outback

I live in Twin Falls and enjoy the company of visiting jumpers. I did my first BASE jump here and love this town.

Last night the Skydivers that lost their friend here were very drunk and loud at the Outback. They were given every opportunity to morn their friend in a respectful way, but instead sullied his memory with obscenities and drunken rudeness to the bartenders, the staff, and even the owner. (The Outback was just sold and this was the new owners first impression of BASE jumpers)

I remember when death was something new to me. If you can't handle the death of a friend without pissing off everyone around you, then stay away from BASE, and stay away from our town.

This is one of the only places in the country that treats us like adults, please try to act like one while you are here.

BASE jumpers die, this fact will not change. But if we stick together through these times of trial, we will always have a comradery that lives forever.

Be Safe
-Bill

~
Fear is the thief of dreams...

Last night the Skydivers that lost their friend here were very drunk and loud at the Outback. They were given every opportunity to morn their friend in a respectful way, but instead sullied his memory with obscenities and drunken rudeness to the bartenders, the staff, and even the owner. (The Outback was just sold and this was the new owners first impression of BASE jumpers)

The Perrine Bridge is a gift from the good people of Twin Falls and the state of Idaho to BASE jumpers from all walks of life. We need to start respecting this gift more as it may not be there tomorrow if people take it for granted.

Let's start cleaning up our act people. In the last 12 months BASE jumpers have appeared to have taken the wrong fork in the road of life and we're going in at a much higher rate than we should be.

BSBD for the deceased as it sounds like he went head low on exit and his bridle wrapped around his leg? ...

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Does it make you feel good to rip on these guys the day after their mentor went in? One of them did a EFS toast and they got kicked out. Get over it.

How about deleting your post?

Does it make you feel good to rip on these guys the day after their mentor went in? One of them did a EFS toast and they got kicked out. Get over it.

Well said. I wasn't there but I do know that different people deal with things in different ways. Do you really want to be the person to judge them?

Skydive Radio

I personally do not agree with you deleting this post. I think it contains useful comments.

While I sympathize with those who lost a brother at the bridge, the Outback there has always welcomed jumpers with open arms, and even given jumpers discounts. If the jumpers needed to blow of some steam and get fucked up, it could have been done elsewhere.

IF it was one simple EFS, it might be being blown out of proportion, but the Outback is a public establishment, and typically profanity is not welcomed in such places, especially at loud volumes.

Ganja

If you can't make a post about a fatality without pissing off everyone in the sport mourning a loss, maybe you should find another sport. The guy they were mourning had easily 6 years for each one of your three. I don't fault them for an EFS, it is the least this fellow deserved. If you stick around long enough, you may eventually understand tradition...

-Hixxx
death,as men call him, ends what they call men
-but beauty is more now than dying’s when

i second. delete it. the whole thread.

No this thread should NOT be deleted. This is not the first time a local Twin Falls resident (who happens to be a BASE jumper) has asked us out of towners to behave better when we frequent Twin Falls businesses.

Besides the adrenaline rush aspect, the allure to BASE jumping for many people is the desire to be a rebel in life and to tell "the man" #### ### I'm going to do it anyway regardless of what you say. This is fine and dandy when we're on an object about to flik ourselves off of it. But when we're in a public business (who historically has been very good to people of our type) we need to show more respect to the other patrons, the staff and the owner. We need to leave the "I'm a rebel, look at me, look at how cool I am, I'm not afraid of death" attitude behind when we go to places like the Outback. The whuffo world does not care about what we do, and they are quick to pass judgement on all of us regardless of who they have or haven't encountered.

Why all of a sudden in the last 12 months are we dying at such a high rate in this sport? Are there too many of us and this is just a natural statistics thing? Are we taking too many risks thinking that it can't happen to me? Are we not showing the objects we jump enough respect? Do we not have the appropriate knowledge, skills and experience to be doing what we do? Do we think we're immortal? Or worse, do we have a death wish? Despite what some people think of me, I don't want to quit this sport (BASE jumping) but I've decided to step back from it a little to try and figure out what it really means to me and are risks worth the rewards? I think the risks are worth the rewards but only when we start thinking about the quality of our jumps rather than the quantity.

Once again BSBD to the deceased and the people who cared about him. Who's next?

fair enough.

i just think it should have waited.

i dont even drink, becasue i hate the way drunk people act.

-SPACE-

i dont even drink, becasue i hate the way drunk people act.

It's no secret that alcohol makes people act abusive and violent towards others. A small amount of alcohol in our blood can make us happy. But as soon as too much of it gets in there, we loose our minds and our ability to act rationally.

Well said. I wasn't there but I do know that different people deal with things in different ways. Do you really want to be the person to judge them?

it is all about respect.

the community of Twin Falls has shown BASE jumpers more respect than any other in the U.S. the Outback has shown BASE jumpers respect.

these jumpers also want respect and to be able to express their loss as they see fit.

unfortunately, not all behavior is appropriate for public display. when we travel to other locations, we need to remember we are guests. please act accordingly.

by demonstrating respect, we will help to earn it.

the BASE Outback staff, not jumpers, seem to be judging the behavior of the grieving jumpers. only they know how bad it hurts...:(
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

This is the typical "skydiver attitude" that got us kicked out of Yosemite.
It's about respecting the locals that don't jump, but let us. Want to see how easy they can stop us, just keep it up.

Go forth now, to the promised lands, and swear much unto each other, with mighty profanity and many personal attacks. T.A.

Bill,

Sorry you had to (or Outback had to at least) put up with the childish self-centered behavior of the jumpers polluting your good town. Some people just never grow up and never get it. Hopefully the few bad apples don't spoil the reputation of the bunch, but that's being very optimistic.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

.." The guy they were mourning had easily 6 years for each one of your three."

The guy had 18 years of BASE jumping ?
I am sure everyone in Twin Falls appreciates the ( EFS ) Eat, Fuck and Skydive drunken cryfest that was dragged into Outback for there dinner show.
In case your Not Aware. It's becoming an ever popular Outback Steakhouse tradition that should not be missed since the Rate of Cratering-In is on rapid growth there.
FACT, This Bridge. Now the Deadliest Legal Span to BASE jump From. In the United States.

I don't fault them for an EFS

I DO

If you stick around long enough, you may eventually understand tradition...

Would you still say the same thing if your grandmother was out for dinner, and it was a bunch of snowboarders
EAT FUCK SNOWBOARD!!

Bottom line it's not the DZ, it's a public, family restaurant. There is a time and a place for everything!
NEVER GIVE UP!

Too right. Just in case we forgot, you can be killed jumping from this bridge. What's all this EFS nonsense? EAT, FUCK, SKYDIVE???? I thought this was BASE. Get a grip kids, your mates ARE going to die, so learn how to deal with it whilst respecting everyone, deceased included.

the out back sucks balls its for small minded mid west inbread idiots and the food sucks and not just at the one in TF but all of them
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad

the out back sucks balls its for small minded mid west inbread idiots and the food sucks and not just at the one in TF but all of them

I thought you liked their salads? Lightly tossed?

I thought you liked their salads? Lightly tossed?

Tossed? Yes, magot definitely is a tosser.

Does it make you feel good to rip on these guys the day after their mentor went in?

no need to rip on people who behaive

how about you delete yours?

If we expect to keep that S legal we better treat the place and the people arround it whith respect...

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

What ever happened to "leave no trace?"

It sounds like a lot of people are missing the bigger picture here. This is not really a thread/issue about what may or may not have happened at the Outback--this is about the survival of legal BASE jumping in TF.

How many people do you all think will have to go in at this object before the TF community collectively says "ENOUGH?" Every time there is an incident there, we're another step closer to losing the single best legal training site in the US--it puts us walking on eggshells. When ANY of us act inappropriately in the town, it's like putting on Hanwags to walk across those eggshells. It doesn't matter how much you're mourning, who just died when, how. Like it or not you're an ambassador to the [TF] public for BASE jumpers.

Just because it's a legal bridge over water does not make it any less of a BASE jump. This is something we ALL need to remind ourselves before each jump there (or anywhere)!

Don't take my word for it--go ask any one of the many BASE jumpers that has moved to or lives near TF their opinion on it. I think the fact that this thread was originated BY A TF LOCAL should have squelched most of the debate on this subject. When we're guests, behave appropriately--pretty simple concept if you ask me...

BSBD to the jumper and condolences to his mates.

pope

We call ourselves self-regulating, but in reality we are non-regulating. If we don't police this and other types of activity that negatively impact what we do then the authorities will.

I feel for the people who's friend went in, but if BASE jumpers asked them to quiet down or leave; one that might have listened and two the non-jumping public would have been left with a different impression.

I'm not saying that Sully and whoever else was there didn't say something, but let's be a little more responsible for ourselves as a group. For the most part we are pretty good at dealing with the issues that surround us, but some times we fall a little sort.

Well said.
"When it comes to BASE, I'll never give advice, only my opinion"

Thanks for posting that Bill.

I am very saddened that you needed to. I hope people take note.

I would like to point out this:

4) Respect the local people.

Twin Falls is a small, rural, conservative, American community. Be aware that nudity, excessive profanity, drug use, or excessive drinking will give jumpers a bad reputation here. Beer in public is acceptable, so coolers in the park are no problem. Music, so long as it's not overly explicit, has also never been a problem.

it can be found in the jumping site guidelines thread

Everybody who travels to someone else's community to BASE jump, PLEASE inquire about the site specific guidleines BEFORE going and abide by them, as you can see, they are EASY to find.

You have no excuse for offending people in THEIR OWN COMMUNITY because you are ignorant of their REQUESTS in regards to your behaviour.

I'm rocking a new sig-line because this is getting ridiculous.

cya