grounded101

What happen to the WV girl?

I ran into a girl at the local dz in Charleston, other skydivers were giving her tips for the bridge. Does anyone know if she jump?

We pulled her badge Thursday night. Story here:

Did you look at her log book? When I was there, there was 51 jumps in her log. I'm just not getting something!

She is practicing the use of a pilot chute — required on Bridge Day jumps — to hasten the opening of her parachute’s main canopy.

:D

Those who do, can't explain. Those who don't, can't understand.

I’d pulled the chute at 4,000 feet, and realized there was a malfunction with the tangled cords

Shit, I just hate that malfunction.
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

so am i understanding her right?? her crazy skydiving malfunction was.... line twists?? :S

i think the staff made the correct decision.

Did you look at her log book?

I don't want to get into details, but certain information was brought to our attention and we pulled her badge immediately. She may have had more then 50 jumps, but there were other important factors that forced us to revoke her jumping pass.
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

so am i understanding her right?? her crazy skydiving malfunction was.... line twists?? :S

i think the staff made the correct decision.

NO, IT WAS 9 TANGLED CORDS :o :|:|

but..

But God gave me the strength to make me realize what I needed to do, and helped me do it

scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

did she or did she not have at least 50 jumps?

Doesn't matter, there are more prerequisites then jump numbers and it's a case by case basis. The organizers did fine in her case. Glad they were that smart.

You have a lot of time.

Doesn't matter, there are more prerequisites then jump numbers and it's a case by case basis. The organizers did fine in her case. Glad they were that smart.

Really? I guess that did not apply in the case of Brian.
You know you have a problem when maggot is the voice of reason at the exit points

I guess that did not apply in the case of Brian.

Base rigger,

Information was brought to our attention that enabled us to pull the WV girl's badge. No one came to us about Brian, including Jean Boenish who later said he shouldn't have jumped. There were NO red flags. BASE jumping at Bridge Day isn't rocket science.

Sorry, but we don't hold everyone's hand at Bridge Day. We don't pack your chute. We don't know if you lied to us about your experience. Have you ever even been Bridge Day? Are you even a BASE jumper? Why do you hide your name?
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

Sorry, but we don't hold everyone's hand at Bridge Day. We don't pack your chute. We don't know if you lied to us about your experience. Have you ever even been Bridge Day? Are you even a BASE jumper? Why do you hide your name? Scared

Sounds to me you have some guilt to deal with.
You know you have a problem when maggot is the voice of reason at the exit points

Guilt? None.

Your posts suggest otherwise.

But hey you're doing a fine job there mate.

Brian and WV girl are two separate cases...simple as that. There is no guilt in any decision we have made in this process. I feel terrible that Brian's family has to continue to read all the BS that is slung on these boards.

The only thing we're guilty of is, stealing one whole pepperoni pizza and taking it to our room to feed our family.

Jennifer Bell

Brian and WV girl are two separate cases...simple as that.

No shit. One's alive and the other one's dead.

The only thing we're guilty of is, stealing one whole pepperoni pizza and taking it to our room to feed our family.

you might go to Hell for that :|

Now please people cut the crap. Take a week off to breathe, think and stop flinging poo at eachother.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

base rigger act like man with small winkie but you make big crime. In Kazakhstan we send to goulag before. i hope american plice read your word and send you to prison. pizza is big monumment in Italy and bring lot of dollars in tourism money. you americans have no respek.

The guilt will come after you get your cranium reshaped!!!!

Seriously though base_rigger, have you ever tried to organise a group of BASE jumpers? Have you ever tried to organise their jumping? Have you ever tried to organise their jumping whlist at the same time trying to keep them safe?

I for one am awaiting your proposed selection and training criteria for event based BASE jumping. The BASE world needs some well thought out guidelines on how events such as Bridge Day should operate and who should be allowed to participate and under what conditions.

The knowledge you impart could be transferred to our cousins in skydiving. Something like Quincy (Rantoul / Whatever its called) would benefit form what I hear.

Well, about 11 months to go til the next one.

I would like to thank you in advance for your contribution and would like to offer assistance should you need it.
Stay Safe - Have Fun - Good Luck

The above could be crap, thought provoking, useful, or . . But not personal. You decide.

Your posts suggest otherwise.

But hey you're doing a fine job there mate.

Look on the bright side Jason all of this psycho analyzing from a nameless faceless person on the internet is not costing you a thing

Maybe Base Rigger and Mac will voluteer to be Staff next year so they can make sure all the right people jump and dont jump. In fact I say Jason comes up with a new staff position just for them. It will be their job to do make sure every single jumper is properly prepared and trained to jump as well as all their log books filled out and verified by the dzo's they jumped at. Then Saturday in line do another interview of the jumpers to make sure they are prepared for their jump and make a decision wether they should be allowed or pull their permit! Step up to the plate guys and dont hide behnind some stupid message board and the idea oh we just want good discussions and debate. Thats a load of crap.

If Jason really feels he did everything right I wonder why he is thinking about increasing the skydive jumps for next year among other changes.

And by the way, every timeI go to a different DZ I get my licence checked and most of the times my log-book as well (including the WFFC)

Jason stated he had no clue about Brian's experience prior the incident.

That's not true. I had two pieces of that pizza, and I'm not even part of your family. :P
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com