grounded101

What happen to the WV girl?

If she was misrepresenting her number of jumps to get her hands on safe BASE gear I really would not call her a liar.

Really?
Saying she has 3 times the number of jumps that she really does in order to scam a BASE equipment company into renting her gear......
Sounds like lying to me....
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

IMO she did what she had to do to get her hands on safe BASE gear. If Jason's number was the same as the industry number she probably would have not registered to begin with.
You know you have a problem when maggot is the voice of reason at the exit points

She could have went out and bought a rig or contacted some jumpers that would not be attending BD and borrowed their rig. There is nothing that states you have to rent gear from a just limited list of manufactors.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Sure, should 've, could've would've...

She's got 50 skydives, she probably does not know any BASE jumpers, she has a hearing impediment, she does not know the "system", and she wants to jump badly from the bridge.

And stevebabin, it must be extremely boring living in such a perfect world. That's why I don't log anymore, I cannot lie if I have 1000 or 1001 jumps.
You know you have a problem when maggot is the voice of reason at the exit points

IMO she did what she had to do to get her hands on safe BASE gear.

She lied. You seem to be ok with it.

If Jason's number was the same as the industry number she probably would have not registered to begin with.

But they are different.(as it is each their right....) It still doesn't justify lying to the gear company.
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."

Given the circumstances, yes I'm very Ok with it.

I see the point you're getting at, but I'm sure if she talked to jason and told him of her not able to get gear because she has more then 50, but less then 150 jumps, that he would have helped her find a way. There isn't a need to lie in that situation.

Those who do, can't explain. Those who don't, can't understand.

yeah...it's not like she lied to you.

Yep,

Didn't I say so already?

Of course she could have just talked to Jason and told him that because her low jump number she cannot rent BASE gear. I bet he would have found a way out.

Every time I get pulled over by a cop I lie.

Every time I have to put in writing I did not use any drugs in the past X months I lie.

Every time I call CC companies because I was late I lie.

I lie at people when they ask me if they are fat and/or ugly.

I lie at people when they are depressed or broken heart.

I lie at my students when they really had a bad skydive but they still have a huge smile on their faces.

I only live by one rule; try not to hurt beings (humans or other animals) and for as long as I meet that criteria the end justifies the means.

So she might have lied to get some decent gear, BIG FUCKING DEAL!

Over and out on this.

I was taught this when I was young:

"You can justify anything. It doesn't make it right."

You don't know me, I certainly don't live in a boringly perfect world.
To me it's a simple matter of trust.
She lied. She got caught. She got spanked. She'll deal with it and get over it.

Then you are probably a liar to, because shit tends to cling together.

Todd, Jimmy and Marta are good people. If she lied to them, and tried to put their livelyhoods and years of hard work at risk...FUCK HER...and anyone who attempts to support her actions.
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

My bad, you did.

But if she has no problem with lying to get gear, it does warrent a second look to see if she has lied to get a jump pass too.

Those who do, can't explain. Those who don't, can't understand.

She lied to Apex, and then told a newspaper the truth. Apex read her statement in the newspaper and called her on it.

You're really ok with that?

Lying to someone, and then publicly admitting it was a lie, in a newspaper, and then being upset when the folks you lied to call you on it because they saw the newspaper article?
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Sounds like she would have possibly gotten away with it had she not been an attention whore to begin with. Too bad for her... and good for Apex for calling her out on it.

Base Rigger you seem two faced. If she had jumped, and something bad had happened, would you be blaming Jason for not looking it to her better and not knowing that she had lied to get gear. I think you would.

Also I noticed that you said you lie at them, not to them, is that a British thing?

You and the sport of BASE started off on the wrong foot. But it's nothing you can't overcome if you want it bad enough. Just get with the program and drop the drama . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

Exactly.

One of my best mates is a reasonably experienced BASE jumper- around 200 BASE jumps off an impressive selection of objects worldwide.

He's also as deaf as a post.

The only time it's any kind of pain in the arse is if I suddenly decide I absolutely have to say something to him just as we're about to jump: he can't see my lips underneath a full face helmet, his extraordinarily expensive hearing aids are safely tucked in his pockets and my sign language is right around the level of "imbecile".

There have been a couple of comedy situations where we've been hanging off an object in the middle of the night, me waving my free hand in strange frustrated random motions, him with a very confused look on his face.

No bother: the jump should be planned well enough to avoid these situations anyway.

As far as Joy's situation is concerned, her frustration at being caught out is understandable. It's slightly worrying that she's chosen to drag the matter out and further embarrass herself, though.

I've not visited the NRGB, but I'm lead to believe that it's of fairly sturdy construction, and is very likely to be there next year, and the year after that?

Hopeful Joy will move on, gain more experience all round, and return far better prepared at a later date.

Then you are probably a liar to, because shit tends to cling together.

Todd, Jimmy and Marta are good people. If she lied to them, and tried to put their livelyhoods and years of hard work at risk...FUCK HER...and anyone who attempts to support her actions.

Kurt, that's two personal attaccks in 3 sentences. Remember that she is a member of these forums who is actively posting, you can't just say "fuck her." Calling someone else "shit" is also pretty clearly not going to fly under the forum rules.

I've banned you for 14 days.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

joyjoy:
I will skydive until my ear gives out, and I will base jump until I die. I am not a perfect person, I am human.

...a few posts later...

joyjoy:
I will not be able to jump next year, or any more years on bd.

Interesting.

is that a British thing?

Is Base Rigger's identity really that much of a secret?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure:

- He lives in New York
- Is friends with Magot
- Name rhymes with dick

I apologize in advance if I'm wrong.

It's time now! My time now! Give me mine. Give me my wings! - MJK

Interesting.

why bother contradicting women... just wait, and they'll change their minds.... :D
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Does this Dick person you speak of also put signing line in old Italy language? Is he person who is stealing the Pizza tower?
my place i work

Is Base Rigger's identity really that much of a secret?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure:

- He lives in New York
- Is friends with Magot
- Name rhymes with dick

I apologize in advance if I'm wrong.

I'll apologize afterward, too.

I'm sorry.

I was wrong. Sure had me fooled, though.

It's time now! My time now! Give me mine. Give me my wings! - MJK

so basically base rigger,
if we understand you correctly ...

your just one big liar that does not provide your name or location and then tries to cause trouble.

thats nice.
blaine