Winznut

Which slider on a Troll DW MDV for terminal jumps?

Dudes,

what kind of slider (and packing method) do you use for your terminal jumps with the vented Troll?
Some people I talked to/wrote about it on the forum, said, the vents would make the opening pretty hard.

I know that I've to fine tune it myself for the setup I jump, I'm just curious.

How many time do you roll your nose?
How much do you "direct control" it?
Large mesh, fine mesh or sail slider with hole?

Thanks!

I jumped mine with the 'large' mesh slider and 8ish rolls per side stuffed into the nose. 4 twists to get a 'nipple' in the slider and two wraps of the thin black bungee.

People were using combinations of small mesh, big mesh, bungees and masking tape. Horses for courses. My openings were fine.

---------------------------------------
Ex-University of Bristol Skydiving Club
www.skydivebristoluni.com

I've done about 25+ terminal on my MDV and the first few rattled my fillings! I roll the nose 4-5 times, I use two elastics (tan coloured ones only) on the slider (one on each side), small mesh slider and a 36 ZP AV with small mesh. Got them to a point where they are brisk but reasonable.

I have never put the large hole slider on my rig and can't see ever using it at this point. I know things change and there may be a reason to someday but I have done 4-8 seconds with small mesh slider and the openings were great.

Have fun!
SabreDave

I've been jumping said canopy at terminal like so: Small mesh slider, one rubber band wrapped twice around big bite of slider, rolled the nose 6-8 times, 32" pc. I would consider the openings excellent (still quick compared to my fox, but just slow enough not to hurt.)

Yar, large mesh, roll the nose, (3 cells either side toward center,) double wrap primary stow. works for Alex (bitch STILL asks questions when he packs his troll mdv)

-SPACE-

Yo,
Have you tried a smaller PC for terminal jumps? Don't know your size but I jump the 285, large hole mesh slider with a 32"ZP, indirect control, and 3 wraps of masking tape on the in-board C, D, and all steering lines. Feels good.
Later
Blair

Troll MDV 305 /Morpheus Tech vented 36" PC
For terminal jumps I have used the following:
Large mesh slider, indirect control (2 wraps of tan rubber band), direct control (two wraps of small tan rubber band ) around 2inch 'grasp' of material from the centre of the slider. left 3 and right 3 nose cells wrapped inwards 3 times....opens briskly but comfortably.
I had a couple of 180's with this setup :( but after exposing a bit more of the centre cell that was instantly cured, without an appreciable increase in the hardness of the opening....so I put it down to not exposing enough of the centre cell to begin with.

Troll 245 MDV

10+ seconds
Small mesh slider
32" PC Vented

> How many time do you roll your nose?
5, towards the center

CYA :)

Yo,
Have you tried a smaller PC for terminal jumps? Don't know your size but I jump the 285, large hole mesh slider with a 32"ZP, indirect control, and 3 wraps of masking tape on the in-board C, D, and all steering lines. Feels good.
Later
Blair

Short answer is no. I have used my 38 inch, large hole zp AV from 4-10 seconds. for 8-terminal I have been using a 36 small mesh zp AV. I have been thinking that I should get a 32 now to help slow things a bit.

How much of a difference might this make..anyone???
SabreDave