gus

Unvented Troll slider down

I'm considering buying an unvented Troll for ws/terminal jumps. My MDV is brilliant but if I'm doing a lot of ws/terminal jumps it can start to hurt a bit :$. I'd like to be able to use it slider down as well, is anyone doing this regularly and can you tell me how it performs?

Thanks,

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

My MDV is brilliant but if I'm doing a lot of ws/terminal jumps it can start to hurt a bit :$.

I'm no expert but maybe you can pack it differently. I have no problems with my trolls.

Jim
'Don't let your ambitions get mixed up with your capabilites'

Troll w no MDV will serve you well enough for slider off jumps too... As long you know what MDV is for, you'll know what you might miss in case of serious off heading and cliff strike... ( Check w Richard B| )

All in all, no problem in using the Troll w no MDV for no slider jumping. MDV is better option to have for such jumps but for high enough jumps w not to much demanding landings ( meaning you have enough time under the canopy ) Troll w no vents will serve you just fine...

:)
Robert Pecnik
[email protected]
www.phoenix-fly.com

I'd like to be able to use it slider down as well, is anyone doing this regularly and can you tell me how it performs?

I've done about 50 slider downs with unvented Troll from various altitudes and delays (from 210ft hop'n'pops to 450ft 3-4s delays) and I can say I'm happy with it's performance on those jumps. I nowadays jump a DW Troll with vents but I still have my trusty old unvented Troll in my second rig and have no problem doing stuff slider down with it.

Hope this helps, drop me an email if you have any specific questions and you think I could be of any help with them.
http://www.ufufreefly.com

I saw an ad for the Troll's new penta-MDV and was curious what the performance (heading and altitude) difference is compared to the 4 valve, but that is a bit beyond the scope of this topic.

Have you already tried small mesh slider and direct control?
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

I'm using a fine mesh, rolling the nose as tight as I can and doing tight direct control. It definately tames it a little but I've found the openings also become less consistent and it still wallops me every now and again.

Like I said, for trips up to a week long it's ok but I'm hoping to jump alot over the summer and I'd like something just a little less brutal!

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

I'm using a fine mesh, rolling the nose as tight as I can and doing tight direct control. It definately tames it a little but I've found the openings also become less consistent and it still wallops me every now and again.

Like I said, for trips up to a week long it's ok but I'm hoping to jump alot over the summer and I'd like something just a little less brutal!

Gus

Go with unvented Troll, you won't be disappointed. I've used large mesh with my old Troll and only when I'm jumping 20+ delays (like the famous terminal wall in Norway) I've rolled the outer cells. On my DW I use fine mesh and I find my old Troll's openings to be just a tad more tamer.
http://www.ufufreefly.com

I have an unvented Troll too. I have jumped it slider up and slider down, no problem. (I know where MDV is needed for though). I use a big mesh slider. The only time I had a hard opening (still on heading though) was after about 10 seconds track, and opening in that track. But then, you might have a harder opening on any equipment.

In short, I like the Troll I have.

Ronald