Calvin19

I might Quit BASE.

Almost serious. i forgot why i started paragliding, then i saw this film...

http://www.justacro.com/index.php?m=21&dl=128

-SPACE-

thats fucking cool. I've been thinking of starting paragliding almost since i started skydiving... one of these days when i get a bit more money and some free time and move to a more mountainous area...
-Ghetto
"The reason death cannot frighten me, is because life has cured me of fear."
Web Design
Cleveland Skydiving

What about risk-wise, as perhaps you could provide us an informed comparative view of both? Do you think you have more fun with less risk in paragliding? One of the reasons I switched from motocross to skydiving was to reduce risk, and now I'm not sure I have an overall decrease in risk level after throwing BASE into the mix.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

Fucking A man that's some cool shit.
Gotta love CH. I'll be saving that movie for a while.

btw is that you jumping out of the Schweiser?

What about risk-wise, as perhaps you could provide us an informed comparative view of both? Do you think you have more fun with less risk in paragliding? One of the reasons I switched from motocross to skydiving was to reduce risk, and now I'm not sure I have an overall decrease in risk level after throwing BASE into the mix.

I think i have more fun for work involved in it. I was kidding about quiting base man, i was just being dramatic. paragliding is just, amazing. i forgot about how amazing it was after 3 months in the hospital after a paragliding crash.

At 02:05, there's a nice view of a valley we all know ( or at least heard about it )... ( and where I should be next monday...B|).

Fabien
BASE#944

Thanks for sharing that video.

I always thaught paragliding looked kind of lame. That looked awesome.

that really is a sick movie
i paraglided once in huaraz (peruvian andes) a few months ago, i just did it one day, i got like 3-5 meters off the ground and 50-75 meters horizontal distance, my instuctor told me that i was doing very well for a first timer :):Petcetera,
but unfortunately, my financial situation doesn't allow that
anyway, nice vid !!
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane"

Thanks for sharing that video.

I always thaught paragliding looked kind of lame. That looked awesome.

Paragliding is the bomb. I started skydiving first several years ago and then later started base jumping. When paragliding was proposed to me two years ago I first thought the same thing, "nice but lame".

Well, get out on a nice day in spring or fall in the Dolomites or in Fiesch and go ride some hard thermals and lift up to 13.000 ft, with the glider constantly rocking and twitching because of the alive air. This is not lame. Or go flying acro, feel the speed and the energy conservation of the wing. Seeing acro videos and the incredible things you can do with a paraglider finally made me start paragliding.

A paragliding wing is for me much more interesting than a skydiving wing because it is more efficient and much more powerful. It kind of has its own mind and feels very much alive.

I love skydiving and base jumping, but the pleasures of paragliding are for me just as good if also different.

Thanks to Calvin for posting the link, I had overlooked that video before. Keep up the flying spirit!

--
Eduard

amazing vid. I've been looking into paragliding recently and this vid definatly makes the urge to try it stronger.

damn, i just watched it 5 more times this morning. now, im grabbing my wing out of the closet, and going to my hill. and i feel more alive than i have been in a long time. Good lift boys and girls!

one more thing, i want to listen to that song on my ipod while flying someday, anyone know who it is? i really want that song.

-SPACE-

@Calvin: I wanted to know the same thing, and I emailed Chrigel to ask him for the song title (he is the guy flying with the helmet cam). I will let you know when he answers.

--
Eduard

Paragliding kicks ass! I have a nice hill right behind my house that routinely lets me get 2K over launch and fly around beautiful rock faces. B| I definitely love my wing!

edit to add photo of flying in Jackson last week. :)

sweet... i'm headed up to slide for some hang gliding in about 30 min.
ya'll think paraglidings fun:P try hang g...

Can anyone reccomend a good school? Anyone nationwide or is it area specific? Whats the learning curve like and can you use the same wing with a powered setup?
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

sweet... i'm headed up to slide for some hang gliding in about 30 min.
ya'll think paraglidings fun:P try hang g...

bro, I hang glide as well, have been a HG pilot since i was 16. but, i cant Dbag my HG, I cant hike with my HG, and I cant fit my HG in my car, and i cant land my HG in my backyard.

so, if you want to buy my HG, its a 1991 DeltaWing Light dream 205. and im looking for a new Ozone glider.

Try Cloud 9 here in SLC for your Ozone wing. Ask for Steve who is the store owner and regional USHGA rep. Ask him about his 'family connection' to the base world.

Baxter.

for paragliding in Salt Lake City a great contact would be to get ahold of anyone at SUPERFLY.

thats all.

Dont die!

Superfly is great and carry fantastic wings (Gin, Advance etc.) but the reason I suggested Cloud 9 is that they are the Ozone dealer and that's what Calvin said he was looking for.

U should quit BASE jumping no one likes u any way!!!!!!
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad