newbie4ever

hey nick d. what's up with the LIST?not current

hey mr. nick d.,

i mean this in a respectful way. the list isn't current. i was just curious why? i'm not being morbid or anything but just wondering why it was taking a while to be updated?

it might be a cool idea to have "pending due to:" section on the site.?

anyway thanks and absolutely no disrespect nick here. you've done alot having this list for educational base purposes.

There is nothing cool about it.

100 is enough.
==================================

I've got all I need, Jesus and gravity. Dolly Parton

http://www.AveryBadenhop.com

hey that doesn't sound right!! i did not mean it like that.

sometimes things like that just clear up some confusion. Having a "pending" link or something.

but i see your point. that's why i said what i said by adding i not being "morbid'. i just saw it as helpful.

that list has made me think about so many things that i could have seen myself doing.

take it easy.

Maybe Nick is busy with his, you know, job? If it bugs you, start your own list.

look it wasn't meant as an insult. i was just curious about a few things that happened just recently.

and again i said this to nick and i told him i was not as an insult.

bye

i

It's not exactly 'joyful' duty. He'll get around to it sometime soon.
Focus on staying off the list.

"Now I've settled down,
in a quiet little town,
and forgot about everything"

why are you guys giving this guy á hard time?

I think its relavant that we get the info out so people dont make the same mistakes again..

Im sure Nick has his reassons as why it aint updated but im whith you newbie4ever

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

the list isn't current. i was just curious why? i'm not being morbid or anything but just wondering why it was taking a while to be updated?

are you volunteering to take over the list?

please realize:
- he has a job and other things in life
- some details remain hidden for a variety of reasons
- witnesses or others who know the facts may not like sharing the details
- people close to the deceased may not like seeing Nick's summary. their nerves may be too raw.
- Nick might have known them and be processing his grief as well.
- after 100 fatalities, adding more might be very depressing.
- people have criticized Nick for maintaining the list.
- the list is misused by a variety of people NOT sympathetic to BASE.

now, some of the above might not be important to Nick. he might have other reasons as well.

Nick does a fine job at a thankless job. if you'd like to see it done differently, volunteer to relieve him of the chore, build a parallel list, or take some other productive action.
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

the list is misused by a variety of people NOT sympathetic to BASE.

With the recent quotes, etc ripped from the internet regarding fatalities, I think it's best if the updates are delayed, allowing the media frenzy to subside...
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

fuck, why don't you guys let Nick answer. or at least offer your opinion without the sarcasm. i think it is a relevant one as a lot of people believe in the value of new jumpers systematically reading the list to ensure they realize what they are getting into and more so that we do not repeat the mistakes of the past.

fyi - people specifically stay off these boards because people can't not be " ____ " fill in your own word.

I'm hoping you didn't really mean to reply to me, because my post:
A. Had zero sarcasm
B. Did not put words in Nick's mouth
C. Is based upon recent events that are 100% indisputable

And starting a post off with "fuck" isn't neccessarily "_______" fill in your own word.
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

fuck, why don't you guys let Nick answer. or at least offer your opinion without the sarcasm.

not possible. :)
newbie4ever, welcome to the BASE Forum.

fuck, why don't you guys let Nick answer. or at least offer your opinion without the sarcasm.

I meant NO sarcasm.

I made it clear that they were my thoughts, not Nick's. (event though he has mentioned several of the item listed.)

Nick has written about being harrassed regarding the list. why risk adding to it?

in the U.S., I've seen plenty of people being given assistance. those receiving the aid then complain about the volunteers... frankly, I'm tired of it. Nick is donating his time, and if he chooses to only update the list once a year, well, fine. it is his call.

we all make calls. some to climb down. some to jump. we should not need to justify each decision.
DON'T PANIC

why do you guys start bitching in every thread? i mean every one, you kill every question someone asks! you all need more sex and less time on the computer!

smizo

hey again, i realize nicks free time offered/volunteered to do the site. and again it wasn't meant as an insult.

so i guess i should of just PMed him.

bye

You seem like a mind reader ;)
You know you have a problem when maggot is the voice of reason at the exit points

You said it is a thankless job, he might not get many thank you's, but I'm sure he gets some. And by the way, if your reading this Nick, Thank you. I've thanked you before in person too :)

why do you guys start bitching in every thread?

smizo

hmmm.
I first tried to provide an answer to the question.
later I tried to point out that it was a tactless, insensitive question.

you can feel free to disagree, as many probably do.
fine.

as my posts have taken the attacks (including yours), it seems the bitching is directed at me... so, if you prefer less bitching, may I suggest you remain quiet?

(o.k., I finally broke down to sarcasm...)
DON'T PANIC