usskydiver

Help - Wings Manual (.pdf) needed

The Wings website seems to be having problems (or it could be my computer here at work). Will someone who has already downloaded the manual (.pdf) please e-mail it to me. I have a Wings on the floor at home and really need to finish it tonight. I hope the pilot chute doesn't bust me in the mouth (again).

Thanks to all!!

Tim T.
Team Paraclete
[email protected]
[email protected]

speaking of being hit in the mouth by that godawful wiggly spring... has anyone here come up with a good way to compress that sucker and get it to sit even as it's designed? I have no idea how many I see walk in the dz from other places with the cap sitting cattywompass... when I open it up, sure as shootin, one or more of the coils is turned sideways...

another question... wings makes some really itty bitty rigs, but don't seem to have adapted the size of the pop top.... we've got a rig at the dz that we call the waffle rig, it's so tight and small, the joke is that you have to use a waffle iron to get the reserve in... the pop top diameter is only about 1 1/2 inches smaller than the width of the reserve container... leaving about 3/4 inch on either side of the poptop... has anyone ever suggested to them how nice it would be to make a little bit smaller pop top for their smaller rigs? just a question...

another question... wings makes some really itty bitty rigs, but don't seem to have adapted the size of the pop top.... .

That is a problem with almost every rig on the market. Ever look at a Javelin XRS. It is pretty much all pop top. Don't quote me on this but my understanding is that the pop top and spring is part of the TSO, so to change the size would mean having to re-TSO everything. That is certainly not worth the time and expense, so the manufacturers don't bother. They just use the same pop top regardless of container size.

-OK
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana