crwper

Canadian BASE film

I was walking to work this morning, and passed an independent theatre which is currently hosting the Calgary International Film Festival. This caught my eye, but it looks like I missed the show date. Has anyone else seen it?

Michael

You'll never look at a tall building the same way again

Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

I emailed the producer, and they said that the DVD ought to be available around October 15th. I'm on the pre-order list, so I'll post back to this thread once I've had a chance to watch it.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Though it uses breathtaking onboard footage to capture the experience of basejumping first hand, Jump seeks not to simply exploit the apparent danger of the sport. In a world in which sports are labelled as extreme and the fear factors of the unskilled are packaged as entertainment, the film upholds the importance of process, skill and knowledge. It argues that danger and risk are relative and determined by ability. A sport is only extreme if you don't know how to do it.

Hoping we'll get at last a movie that shows a minimum of respect to the activity, not like what can show baumgartner or dumont...
Sorry to name them, but I don't appreciate the representation they give of this sport.
I hope the canadians will do better.
Nico

Don't count on it.
I know the jumper, and he has a lot to learn.
NEVER GIVE UP!