cygnusbase

The Journey to an Aerial

Well you never quite know what a dork you are until you are doing forward and backward sommersaults on a mat by a pool of Diving Platforms with 5 year olds and their mothers and fathers watching as some 35 year old rolls onto his side to find defeat in a rather pathetic attempt at a sommersault.

So Mike and I acquired ourselves a pre-cold war Russian diving instructor who actually worked as a stuntman in Israel for 10 years(Flips and twists with Fire, Car, and tall buildings). Mike and I in our good polite Canadian nature did not talk religion or politics. Having no platform diving experience beside the local E we were a sorry pair of BASE losers among kids who were flippin twisting and chillin off the old 7 m platform.

In the spirit of good ole DW we set forth on a mission to have smooth aerials having never tried any in BASE but rather to make the transition a blossoming of sorts as well as practice due diligence in the hopes of preserving some of my own fate for my 4 year old Daughter.

ANyhoo, this marks the start of the Aerial Journey. Albeit some of my canadian counterparts like Spence and commanche will scold us for taking lessons, we will continue none the less. However, I do wish there was just one damn aussie in the class just to ridicule our feeble and timid nature to rotate:)

Till next class ... when we actually start rotating in some harness ... I can hear the children now " WHy is that old man on that string?"

Cheers

" WHy is that dirty old man in the undersized speedo on that string?"

There.....fixed it for ya buddy!:ph34r:

Sounds like we need footage of this for the bloopers section!
SabreDave

Welcome to the wrold of constantly getting shown up by 10 year old girls :D

Just wait until you see the upper level 15-17 year olds. That'll make you realize that BASE aerials are a joke compared to what those kids can do.
A waddling elephant seal is the cutest thing in the entire world.
-TJ

Just wait until you see the upper level 15-17 year olds. That'll make you realize that BASE aerials are a joke compared to what those kids can do.

So you're saying that 16 would be a perfect age to start basejumping, and directly get started on aerials?:P
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?