Tornolf

Acrobatic BASE Training

Trying to see how much interest there is out there...

I've done some training with someone who trained BASE jumpers pretty extensively and found it very helpful. Since I had to drive about 25 hours in 1 weekend to do it, I'm switching to a colleague of his somewhat closer.

The training would in the central Ohio area a couple of weekends this winter/next spring. I'll be going up sometime soon with a group to see how the training compares to what I've had previously, but I don't expect to be let down.

All training will be harness on a trampoline/springboard, 2-3 day camp with about 8 hours/day of training if everyone can handle it. It sounds like a lot, but you're only doing intense training for 1/4 of it due to staff/equipment constraints. I was able to do 5 90 min solo sessions over 2 days without being too worn down until a day or 2 afterwards, after which I wanted to curl up and die but couldn't because my abs wouldn't function properly. However, I have been doing generic gymnastic and harness training on a trampoline 1-2x a week for the past year, so that helped somewhat. If you're in good shape it shouldn't be too strenuous.

If there's enough interest I'll work on organizing several training camps. The first few will probably be general skills camps progressing on to more advanced training. Since all training is done 1 on 1 with an instructor it's not too hard to cater to everyone's needs.

PM/post and let me know if anyone is interested.
A waddling elephant seal is the cutest thing in the entire world.
-TJ