BASEfriend

John Agnos

I am new to the sport but have some friends that use to jump a bridge in Colorado. That is until John Agns burned the site. He did his latest bumble on August 26, 2006. I wasn't there, but apparently his chute did not fully open and he broke both of his legs. Flight for Life flew Agnos to Colorado Springs. The bridge is now monitored by the management of a near by mine. Even tourists stopping on the bridge for pictures are questioned by the time they can remove their camera. I certainley understand that our sport carries many risks and that, as with any sport, injuries are unpreventable, but this guy should not be jumping. I feel he is a threat to the sport and brings too much negative publicity. What is this, his 4th serious bumble.

we need a picture. do i know this guy? i dont want him to burn any of my sites in CO.

-SPACE-

You can do a google search for John Agnos. He did some interviews with the news (harming our reputation) after his Californa Guy wire accident.

^Bingo... The one with BASE sites tattooed all over his back [:/]
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

Do not take this as a defense for my friend John Agnos.

But I can definetly say that every site tatooed on his back is still being actively jumped, even that wierd tree looking thing.

So if by "burned" you mean unjumpable...then no those tatoos are not of sites he's burned.

But if by "burned" you mean places he has made a complete ass of himeself, well, then...

we need a picture. do i know this guy? i dont want him to burn any of my sites in CO.

Not to mention when he fell trying to climb a site near Colorado Springs that had been secretly jumped before . . . not gonna name it but it will pop up if you do a search.

We all make mistakes and have to deal with them one way or another. I dont know John Agnos personally but have learned from his mistakes. As I continue to jump, and make my own mistakes, I only hope they arent to serious. With a sport with no rules, keeping each other in check might be crossing the line or in the "gray area". But if I am doing something that might inadvertantly hurt myself, burn a sight or whatever, dont talk shit behind my back but voice your concerns directly to me. I just want to jump and have fun. And Im sure thats all Agnos is trying to do as well.

Do not take this as a defense for my friend John Agnos.

"Tell me who is your friend, and I will tell you who you are".

bsbd!

Yuri.

Jimmy, everyone makes mistakes, it's how you act after the fact that kinda mitigates the responses from those affected by the mistake. John has not indicated any desire to eat a little humble pie to apease those he may have troubled.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

A person is judged by the company he keeps; therefore, it is unwise to associate oneself with undesireable characters.

Not to mention when he fell trying to climb a site near Colorado Springs that had been secretly jumped before . . . not gonna name it but it will pop up if you do a search.

That was lucky for him. If he had made that jump, he'd be dead for sure.

"Now I've settled down,
in a quiet little town,
and forgot about everything"

home slice, what THE FUCK exactly have you learned from Agnos going in? i mean, that you didnt know even before you were a skydiver. I dont know him, but burning down two kick ass sites is enough reason to despise his ass.

-SPACE-

A person is judged by the company he keeps; therefore, it is unwise to associate oneself with undesireable characters.

On the other hand some "undesireables" are just plain fun.:D
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

With a sport with no rules

You are absolutely wrong if you think BASE jumping has no rules. The rules I speak of tend to be tied closely to the rules of physics and common sense. So I'm not saying that we have "rules" like the USPA. But in this sport if you break the rules, then you usually end up pretty broken up yourself. It sounds like Mr Agnos has broken the rules more than once.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

But if by "burned" you mean places he has made a complete ass of himeself, well, then...

haha!

Oh yeah, how ya been Jimmy? ;)

On the other hand some "undesireables" are just plain fun.:D

Ya mean like Crack-Whores??:o See ya in TF around 10/25.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

I remember the chap. ran into him at the Perrine Bridge. If he dosn't care about his own safety why should he care about others safety. He was with a guy that was drunk as a skunk. The drunk fellow was a virgin to BASE, unsure of the jump. John dropped the pilot and nudged the guy over. We were all surpised he didn't spill. John and the other fellow were smokng a crack pipe that evening laughing about how the guy could have died. He was showing off the tatoo of the bridge. I need to just stay away from this guy.

It's really Not about the judgment of company you keep and being an undesirable or a misfit or stupid sometimes. Thats Not all that bad in BASE jumping. We all are one of those at one time or another and sometimes it's far better to be Infamous than Famous for sure.
But when it's all said and done and it's the fucking end of you. There will be BASE jumpers hanging-out and talking the shit. One jumper will say. "Hey you hear that (place your name here) went-in at bla-bla-bla the other day ?"
In remembrance. I would rather them say. " No fucking way ? He/she (place your name here) was kind of a FuckTard sometimes but jumping with that Asshole sometimes sure was FUN."
Rather than like this. You people/fucktards talking shit on a two-bit websit. Like you were a fucking 'Agnos' or something.

-