tommyh

modified tail pocket

masking tape will brake, i always use a masking tape tailgate even with that packjob. its a kickass packjob as well. i have put 6 wraps on a sliderup packjob at the royal gorge and anybody who knows those delays knows that it will brake even thn.

i also use 1" masking tape, it tears better than one half inch tape, i tested it a bit, and the half inch stretches as it is tensioned and is much harderto brake.

anybody ever used 2 inch masking tape? I know i can just tear it down to 1ish, but its all the store here had and im curious.
late,
RJ$$
word to your mother,
RJ$$
BASE 1117

masking tape will brake...

To clarify, I was talking about not using any tailgate or masking tape. I was not discussing the use of masking tape to replace the tailgate.

To be absolutely clear: I do not believe that any amount of folding of the fabric this way or that is as effective as the use of a reefing mechanism (be it a tailgate, masking tape, or something else) which directly controls the lines.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

have put 6 wraps on a sliderup packjob

where? on top of your slider?

same as standard tailgate? that would probably work fine most times, just like everything else, but thats pretty high up the lines, way inside... what if you underdelay?

ive found that a regular packjob, vented canopy,
36"pc, a bight of slidermesh double wrapped to an inside c, no exposed nose , and 4wraps of halfinch masking tape just below the cascades on the steering lines only,

seems to provide peachy positive parachute performance at terminal.

I think I understand your design, Is there anyone you could show a picture of it?

Have you had any trouble with it?

Does anybody know why this (Ibelieve) isn't available as a standard option on any Canopy?

thanks

I think I understand your design, Is there anyone you could show a picture of it?

I will post one.

Have you had any trouble with it?

Yes and I died, not a biggie but the worst part was being reincarnated as the Maggot :(
Memento Audere Semper

Can you get custom embroidery with that . . . ?

oooh. I was thinking it looked way too complicated, but if they can embroider instructions... I like...:P
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse