worldsocold

GOT MY V2 but having trouble reaching PC handle!!!!!!!

just got V2 having trouble reaching pc handle. is this normal? it's my first BIG suit. been flying an ACRO for all my other jumps. SO maybe i just need to get used to the bigger wings? but.......

if anybody has any advice please feel free to school me. please.

thanks.
NPS SUX ASS

just got V2 having trouble reaching pc handle. is this normal? it's my first BIG suit. been flying an ACRO for all my other jumps. SO maybe i just need to get used to the bigger wings? but.......

Are you you using the "base pouch" or deploying from BOC ?
http://www.ufufreefly.com

Heybro the leg pouch is the way to go i skydiv i base dont even have to think about it any more when my arms are in my suit its there easy access quick deployments { but ] lots of people use boc on v1s and have no dramas. if you go leg do shit loads of ground drps and skydives to get familyar dude enjoy...;)

im trying to stay with the boc. but i'm a little confused with the set up on the leg pouch shrival thing. i just need some time.....

any advice would still be appreciated
NPS SUX ASS

I have no problems reaching the BOC on my V1, but I have absolutely no intention of using the BOC for wingsuit BASE. I prefer the leg pouch.

More info on the leg pouch can be found in Appendix C of the V2 owners manual, but basically the shrivel flap is designed to keep the bridle in place until deployment. It's a shrivel flap instead of plain velcro to prevent hang ups, as you'll likely be deploying w/ a great deal of forward speed.

I'm w/ Hector on this...you should start using the leg pouch now to build familiarity.
-C.

Edit: PS I have absolutely ZERO wingsuit BASE experience.

Robi told me that the V1 (Pretty much the same wing as the V2) was designed to be pulled a little different than the Bird-man suits of that time. I always reach around my GTI and the S3. But I reach under the V1 wing. That's why the wing was moved up slightly on the hip, so you can reach under instead of around.

So my pull is kinda the same leg pouch or boc. I reach to where the bottom of the wing meets the body and then go either down for the leg or up and in for the boc.

You should have an experienced wingsuit flier show you the differences on any new suit you are jumping.

I have always used the leg pouch for BASE, but I use the boc on skydiving if I'm going to be back flying or doing a lot of flipping/twisting transitions.

Hope this helps.
-Bill

and whats with the shrivel flap, when you use your BOC?

.....folding in your PC? ....with 7 or 9ft bridle?

Mate i just did KL with shrivel still on my bridle just fold it in your normal pc .cant hurt as its the soft side of the velcro.;)